A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:14:54 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076818 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 11:34:30 am »

Another planned hotel announced - on parking lot east of YMCA.  A lot of hotels are planned, but it will be interesting to see how many get built as long as oil price stays below $50.

Yet another new downtown Tulsa hotel planned, this time near Mayo Hotel

Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:00 am | Updated: 9:35 am, Tue Apr 14, 2015.

By ROBERT EVATT World Business Writer | 6 comments

Future travelers may not lack for places to stay in downtown Tulsa, as six hotels are now under development.

The sixth entrant is a Residence Inn by Marriott. Tulsa County construction permits indicate that construction has been approved at 202 W. Fifth Street, which is now a parking lot behind the old YMCA building. The location is diagonally across the Fifth and Cheyenne Avenue intersection from the Mayo Hotel.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/downtown/yet-another-new-downtown-tulsa-hotel-planned-this-time-near/article_bfcef537-a412-54a2-b211-7a0255d0efe8.html

The street presence of this hotel in the proposal is stunning. I hope it looks this good.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 02:00:49 pm »

The lady in yellow dancing by herself will definitely add to the ambience!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 02:32:38 pm »

The lady in yellow dancing by herself will definitely add to the ambience!

Doing the “Funky Chicken” no less!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:06 pm »

The street presence of this hotel in the proposal is stunning. I hope it looks this good.

The TW is a little late to this, I've seen that rendering for months. But yes, I had the same reaction when I saw the rendering. It looks great. I'm glad to see that they've gotten permits and should begin construction soon.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

Is that the other Green Arch?

I don't think so, the article said right across the street from the Oneok playground.
That would have to be American Residential's next project. They said some time ago that after Hartford Commons got going (which it has) they would then work next on property they own by Oneok with a planned start date of summer 2015.

I hope so. That would be fantastic for the Brady. I would have thought that we'd have seen renderings by now, however, and heard more about it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 03:13:14 pm »

I don't think so, the article said right across the street from the Oneok playground.
I hope so. That would be fantastic for the Brady. I would have thought that we'd have seen renderings by now, however, and heard more about it.

I think it is, here's the article from last November on it:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/technology/developer-plans-new-downtown-apartments-completes-million-sale-apartment-complexes/article_4feb26a0-4263-5941-918e-abe7aba9b234.html

The second, to be located on the southeast corner of Elgin and Archer near ONEOK Field, would be a new building with between 160 and 220 units. Plans for that development have not yet been finalized, though Ganzkow said they hope to start construction in the middle of next year.
American Residential currently has the land for that development under contract from the Stadium Trust.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »

Yeah, reading that article that makes total sense. Hopefully we see renderings soon.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 07:33:41 pm »

But POP Museum is. Very telling.

The POP Museum will likely be finished before First Street Lofts.

Artist - I didn't include the Kanbar projects (Transok, 5th Street, & Adams) just because I don't trust Kanbar as much as I don't trust Sager to do a legitimate project. I will have to walk by Transok to see if they are under construction there... I would be very happy if they are! I haven't heard about anything going on with the Enterprise building either, but that would be great if they are about to start construction on it too!

* Updated the original post - I found the renderings of the Brady Village Project, and higher quality 8:10 building renderings.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:40:13 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 09:20:55 pm »

* Updated the original post - I found the renderings of the Brady Village Project, and higher quality 8:10 building renderings.

Wow, that looks great. The only thing that I would change is what appears to be an EIFS cap on the top, but really, that looks awesome.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 06:54:29 am »

LandArchPoke, you have the 120 Brady Village project listed at the NWC 1st and Greenwood but isn't this going in across from the Ball Park in front of the Rusty Crane at NWC Archer and Elgin? Then the ARG project 2 will be on the SEC of Archer and Elgin?

That Ball Park sure hasn't made any impact in this neighborhood has it?
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 07:29:25 am »

LandArchPoke, you have the 120 Brady Village project listed at the NWC 1st and Greenwood but isn't this going in across from the Ball Park in front of the Rusty Crane at NWC Archer and Elgin? Then the ARG project 2 will be on the SEC of Archer and Elgin?

That Ball Park sure hasn't made any impact in this neighborhood has it?

Ah yes - my brain was thinking Archer/Elgin and wrote 1st/Greenwood. Thanks for pointing that out, and I changed it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 07:53:58 am »

Speaking of the NWC of 1st and Greenwood. I saw a team working on the roof of that empty building.

I hope this means development.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 08:50:50 am »

Speaking of the NWC of 1st and Greenwood. I saw a team working on the roof of that empty building.

I hope this means development.

I saw this too.  It would be nice if all of the buildings on the block were functional.  The neighborhood is full of life with the Fleet Feet/Lee's redevelopment, Albert G's, and now Ross Group, and hopefully soon Hartford Building.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 02:50:59 pm »

And if that giant parking lot could be developed.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

And if that giant parking lot could be developed.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that the parking lot is now the exception as opposed to the rule.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org