A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:32:45 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1071027 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« on: April 13, 2015, 08:47:29 pm »

I haven't seen a full rundown list of development projects in downtown, so thought I would create one - I don't think people really get how much construction is going on/planned downtown. Currently there's about $200 million in projects underway/in advanced planning stages.

Blue boxes highlight all the current infill sites.

Hogan Assessments Headquarters | 35,000 sq. ft. | $15 million

Urban 8 | 8 row houses | $6 million

Hartford Commons | 162 Apartments | $25 Million

Gates Hardware Building Redevelopment | KSQ Architects Headquarters | $5.2 Million

Coliseum Apartments | 36 Apartments | $3 Million

Hartford Building Redevelopment | 90 Apartments | $20 Million

International Harvest Building Redevelopment | Ross Group Headquarters | $9 Million

Fox Hotel & Universal Ford Building Redevelopment | 31 Apartments & Retail | $16 Million

Hampton Inn & Suites | 120 Rooms | $17 Million

Hilton Garden Inn | 134 Rooms | $17 Million

Residence Inn | 100 Rooms | $9 Million

GreenArch Phase II | (N/A) Apartments | $(N/A) Million

The Dock (4th & Frankfurt) | 20,000 sq. ft. of Retail/Office | $(N/A) Million

Holiday Inn Express | (N/A) Rooms | $(N/A) Million

YMCA Building Redevelopment | 82 units | $10 Million

Tulsa Central Library Renovation | $20 Million

Riverside Apartments - Bosamada Group | 240 units | 20+ Million

8:10 Building | 80,000 sq. ft. Office/Retail | $10 Million

Harrington Lofts | ~20 units | $(N/A) Million

Central Park Development - 6th & Peoria | ~80 new units in phases

Brady Village Project - NWC Archer & Elgin | Mixed-use (Marriott Towneplace Suites, 24,000 sq. ft. Office, 18,000 sq. ft. Retail) | ~$20 Million

American Residential Group Project 2 - SEC Archer & Elgin | 200-250 Units | $20 Million +

OK POP! Museum | $20 Million

Kanbar Properties | 300 Apartments | Transok Building, Adams Building, W 5th Street | Transok Building currently under construction

Transok Building

111 W 5th Street

Adams Building

Best Western Select | 82 Rooms | $5 million

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:04:27 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:54:36 pm »

Thank you! Several of the projects you've listed are new to me.

Is that Brady Village project the same one mentioned in a different thread?
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:14 pm »

Thank you! Several of the projects you've listed are new to me.

Is that Brady Village project the same one mentioned in a different thread?

I have a rendering of this floating around somewhere - just can't seem to find it tonight. This is the Wil Wilkens project, I believe it has been talked about on here before. It has been a very long planning period for this project though, but I'm hopeful it will happen.
davideinstein
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:06:18 pm »

Here comes the development hook from the Brady past Greenwood and into the east side of Downtown!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:09 pm »

Went downtown Saturday afternoon looking for food.  Found huge crowds everywhere - I suspect the soccer championships contributed to that - but it is always busy even without.

There is so much to do/see/attend/experience downtown these days - we have nothing to be ashamed of and certainly aren't second fiddle to OKC.  And this shows that it should just keep getting better!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 07:21:39 am »

I think you forgot the TransOk building redevelopment into apartments and retail which is underway right now.  The same group is also doing the Adams Building and 111 W Fifth. Also in the works is the Enterprise building.  Nice the other day I looked out from my store across the park and saw lights and work going on across the park and then noticed lights on in the Enterprise building as well. Would really like to see a new restaurant or two in that area, and of course a DECOPOLIS expansion within the next two years.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:28:52 am »

Saturday night downtown was insane. There were crowds at the Driller's game, at the BOK and the new Tiki Bar: the Saturn Room was packed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 08:13:23 am »

Saturday night downtown was insane. There were crowds at the Driller's game, at the BOK and the new Tiki Bar: the Saturn Room was packed.

Went back to the suburbs....didn't want of fight it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 08:13:53 am »

I have a rendering of this floating around somewhere - just can't seem to find it tonight. This is the Wil Wilkens project, I believe it has been talked about on here before. It has been a very long planning period for this project though, but I'm hopeful it will happen.

According to this article a few days ago, Wilkin’s new project is a 96 room Marriott TownePlace Suites with 24,000 square feet of office space and 18,000 square feet of retail and a 160 space parking garage.

http://www.ktul.com/story/28767307/development-home-runs-surround-oneok-field
rdj
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:17 am »

I didn't see First Street Lofts on the list?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 10:01:05 am »

I didn't see First Street Lofts on the list?

But POP Museum is. Very telling.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 10:18:24 am »

The article mentions 200 residential units on Archer across from the ballpark that will break ground later this year. What is that project? I hadn't heard of anything.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 10:23:51 am »

The article mentions 200 residential units on Archer across from the ballpark that will break ground later this year. What is that project? I hadn't heard of anything.

Is that the other Green Arch?
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 10:33:49 am »

Another planned hotel announced - on parking lot east of YMCA.  A lot of hotels are planned, but it will be interesting to see how many get built as long as oil price stays below $50.

Yet another new downtown Tulsa hotel planned, this time near Mayo Hotel

Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:00 am | Updated: 9:35 am, Tue Apr 14, 2015.

By ROBERT EVATT World Business Writer | 6 comments

Future travelers may not lack for places to stay in downtown Tulsa, as six hotels are now under development.

The sixth entrant is a Residence Inn by Marriott. Tulsa County construction permits indicate that construction has been approved at 202 W. Fifth Street, which is now a parking lot behind the old YMCA building. The location is diagonally across the Fifth and Cheyenne Avenue intersection from the Mayo Hotel.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/downtown/yet-another-new-downtown-tulsa-hotel-planned-this-time-near/article_bfcef537-a412-54a2-b211-7a0255d0efe8.html

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 11:00:40 am »

That would have to be American Residential's next project. They said some time ago that after Hartford Commons got going (which it has) they would then work next on property they own by Oneok with a planned start date of summer 2015.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org