A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:13:20 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $173MM Veterans Administration Hospital Coming to Downtown  (Read 18775 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2022, 10:53:42 am »

Rendering of the new state psychiatric hospital that will be constructed next to OSU Med Center and the new VA hospital.  Expected to begin construction next March.

https://www.dewberry.com/insights-news/article/2022/07/08/dewberry-wins-contract-to-design-new-state-psychiatric-hospital-in-oklahoma

Is this going in along 3rd St?  That is where they show a "mental health hospital" in this rendering of the completed health complex
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:58:54 am by SXSW » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2022, 06:12:28 pm »

New rendering of the Tulsa VA Hospital at the OSU Medical Center

looks like they are removing the curtain walls of the old state office buildings.

More details here:
https://medicine.okstate.edu/va-tulsa/index.html
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2022, 09:47:55 am »

News article today in the Tulsa World. $$ from the infrastructure bill (I think, don't have the article pulled up) approved to go towards this. Really excited to see what OSU does in this area.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2022, 11:02:28 am »

News article today in the Tulsa World. $$ from the infrastructure bill (I think, don't have the article pulled up) approved to go towards this. Really excited to see what OSU does in this area.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/legislative-panel-advances-arpa-funds-for-tulsa-mental-hospital/article_7ccb05b2-23c0-11ed-92ac-2fa0c3a06b3c.html
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2022, 08:17:16 am »

Here is another rendering of the new hospital that will be built on 3rd St.  A planned expansion includes a research center next to it at the corner of 3rd & Houston.  There is also a planned parking garage that could be shared with the convention center across the street.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2022, 10:22:19 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/panel-oks-another-70-million-in-tulsa-arpa-projects/article_79de8228-2fb6-11ed-a3d3-bfa51a4ebcbd.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Even more medical related projects announced today for Tulsa.

"A legislative panel gave preliminary approval Thursday to $70 million in American Rescue Plan Act allocations for medicine-related projects in Tulsa.

The two Tulsa proposals are $20 million toward an extension of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center’s Stephenson Cancer Center into the city and $50 million for a pharmaceutical research laboratory at Oklahoma State University’s Center for Health Sciences.

The pair are in addition to $38 million approved earlier for a new state mental health facility in downtown Tulsa.

Thursday’s proposals were among six forwarded by the working group to the full legislative joint committee during the meeting. The others are a $15 million OSU-CHS and Oklahoma Department of Health telehealth pilot project in McIntosh, Latimer, LeFlore and Pittsburg counties; a $50 million nutrition, performance and exercise institute at OSU’s main campus that will use student athletes as research subjects; $10 million for identifying and assisting hearing-impaired children; and $25 million for a rural hospital revitalization fund."

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2023, 10:14:12 am »

Here is a small update on this: https://www.newson6.com/story/63ec163f0e3fce1378aff595/new-mental-health-hospital-coming-to-downtown-tulsa

There are some new renderings in the video. Looks like the design has been simplified/value-engineered just a tad. Still looks good, just slightly less flashy which is perfectly fine for this building.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2023, 11:12:47 am »

Here is a small update on this: https://www.newson6.com/story/63ec163f0e3fce1378aff595/new-mental-health-hospital-coming-to-downtown-tulsa

There are some new renderings in the video. Looks like the design has been simplified/value-engineered just a tad. Still looks good, just slightly less flashy which is perfectly fine for this building.

This will be located on 3rd St, correct? 

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2023, 03:01:46 pm »

Previous renderings are still accurate, they were just showing a different side of the building. I think what they're showing there as the first picture is essentially the 'back' of the building and the front is supposed to still look like the previous renderings. You never know until it's done though on what they could cut/cheapen out on.

This will be located on 3rd St, correct? 

Yes, from what I understand. I think there is a joint parking structure too that is planned along 3rd that will serve this and the VA. I believe the parking structure was part of the city requirement/contribution to get the other grants to do the VA and this project.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2023, 09:06:56 pm »

Didn't get a picture, but they've completely gutted the original two buildings, I wouldn't be surprised to see this thing start visually changing quickly. I'm surprised at the lack of coverage the whole OSU medical campus area is getting. Could truly change the east side of downtown completely.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2024, 11:43:40 am »

OSU Hospital has started some serious work on what I "think" is a large parking garage. They've torn up the south half of their main parking lot.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2024, 04:29:44 pm »

^Yes, I've been watching that. I have never seen a full site plan, so I was wondering what was going on. The rendering shown on the first page of this thread shows a new large building on the north side of the current hosptal with the skywalk connection. I wonder if they are building the garage first and then will move on to that. They needed the parking regardless. They are having to run shuttles somewhere for almost all staff apparently.

Making good progress on the VA buildings, but haven't been around the corner in awhile to see if the Psych hospital has gone vertical yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org