A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:09:13 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumored Facebook AI center  (Read 883 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:42:47 pm »

My parents lived on 30th st between S 76th and S78th E Aves back then. Where those nose section landed is on the following map and is directly across the street from the house I grew up in.

This is the maneuver that caused B-47's to have a wing snap off in mid flight. The maneuver over stressed the wings beyond the capabilities.

Aircraft like the B-47 practiced “toss-bombing” techniques, which involved planes releasing their bombs while climbing upwards into loops. The maneuver put unbelievable stress on a jet’s wings. (Image source: WikiCmmons)
The one in Tulsa was not the only one this happened to. There were multiple B-47's that crashed because of this plan from Strategic Air Command.

While only completing half the loop, they would fly in low, pull up into the vertical, release the bomb and continue to the top of the loop where they would then roll from inverted to right side up and fly off in the direction they came from. SAC lost 58 B-47's in two years, sometimes two in the same day.

Made a heck of a mess.  By early 60's people were still talking about it in the neighborhood!

That whole area, from Michael Heights to Johansen Acres was all new at that time...within a couple years.  Neighbors told us there was a 1947 Pontiac used as fill under the slab of house.  Had been sitting there when the old farm was split up for development, so why waste good fill material!

So you must remember 31st as a gravel road from Sheridan to the east.  Like today, took the city forever to catch up with development of roads!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org