A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2018, 04:28:17 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George Kaiser and philanthropy...  (Read 7948 times)
Rattle Trap
Citizen

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 11:24:30 am »

I read last night that this Tulsa Remote program had well over 1000 applicants in the first 24 hours. It was being shared all over the internet by several national news outlets.

I agree with what they're trying to do in theory. Having so many applicants means they can be very selective too. Perhaps they can select individuals who show great potential in business startups, which I think is the main goal here.

Something to note is that one of the primary reasons people, and companies for that matter, don't relocate is the upfront cost and effort it takes. With that in mind, I would assume anyone who does relocate here because of this program's incentives will likely stay here long term due to the costs and effort required to relocate again.

Thoughts?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 12:28:48 pm »

It's pretty hard to argue with GKFF's approach on this.  It's a really novel idea and I think likely better than corporate hand outs for call centers, distribution centers, etc. Anything which will help encourage organic entrepreneurism is a great deal.  One of our goals out here in Cimarron, NM is trying to establish a business incubator in one of the vacant buildings to help locals with a skill or trade overcome the cost of entry into owning their own business.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PhiAlpha
Citizen

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 04:11:14 pm »

It's pretty hard to argue with GKFF's approach on this.  It's a really novel idea and I think likely better than corporate hand outs for call centers, distribution centers, etc. Anything which will help encourage organic entrepreneurism is a great deal.  One of our goals out here in Cimarron, NM is trying to establish a business incubator in one of the vacant buildings to help locals with a skill or trade overcome the cost of entry into owning their own business.

I was in a position earlier this year in which I would've gladly taken advantage of this. $10k for a year isn't a ton of money but with some of the other incentives, it really sounds like a great deal if you work from home and are looking for somewhere else to live.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: Today at 12:44:41 am »

I was in a position earlier this year in which I would've gladly taken advantage of this. $10k for a year isn't a ton of money but with some of the other incentives, it really sounds like a great deal if you work from home and are looking for somewhere else to live.

$10K will generally cover the moving expenses of most millennials and give them some starting capital.  So excited that this incentive came out for Tulsa.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org