A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:26:50 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076771 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2016, 12:32:07 pm »

They should restore the bricks in Brady and Greenwood where ever possible.

Bricks tend to calm traffic.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »

Elgin and Greenwood also could use some good creative street scaping to connect OneOk Field with the Blue Dome District.  I say "creative" because crossing train tracks seems awkward, but pretty it up and add better lighting and it'll create a more walkable environment between two big districts.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »

Elgin and Greenwood also could use some good creative street scaping to connect OneOk Field with the Blue Dome District.  I say "creative" because crossing train tracks seems awkward, but pretty it up and add better lighting and it'll create a more walkable environment between two big districts.

I thought there was a plan in place for that at some point, once all the development has been completed in the area. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2016, 03:53:11 pm »

I thought there was a plan in place for that at some point, once all the development has been completed in the area. 

I have seen such a plan, but I don't think it even had Oneok in it, it was old. I think TDA? did it?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2016, 04:01:33 pm »

They worked on the intersection at 1st and Elgin last year and I think widened the sidewalk going north.  The apartments will take up a large part of that and I'm hoping will provide streetscaping from the tracks to the ballpark.  Then its just the dirt parking lot behind McNellies and the white building that looks like it houses some city vehicles or something.  I think the biggest thing is to ease the senses while crossing the tracks.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #410 on: January 26, 2016, 10:04:48 pm »

A ped bridge over the tracks would be nice, but at what cost?  It is a rather bleak walk from Oneok to the south. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #411 on: January 26, 2016, 11:59:18 pm »

They worked on the intersection at 1st and Elgin last year and I think widened the sidewalk going north.  The apartments will take up a large part of that and I'm hoping will provide streetscaping from the tracks to the ballpark.  Then its just the dirt parking lot behind McNellies and the white building that looks like it houses some city vehicles or something.  I think the biggest thing is to ease the senses while crossing the tracks.

Any chance a bridge is ever built at Elgin? 

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2016, 07:49:11 am »

Any chance a bridge is ever built at Elgin? 

No.

First, it would have to start at Archer on the north, and 1st on the south, cutting a good number of properties off from access to any road. Second, it would be expensive. And third, it would utterly disrupt the urban landscape with a block long stretch of nothingness.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2016, 09:38:20 am »

No.

First, it would have to start at Archer on the north, and 1st on the south, cutting a good number of properties off from access to any road. Second, it would be expensive. And third, it would utterly disrupt the urban landscape with a block long stretch of nothingness.

A pedestrian bridge wouldn’t require that much of a run-up though.  I’m envisioning something similar to ones crossing I-244 east of downtown and 56th & Harvard.

saintnicster
« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2016, 11:03:52 am »

A pedestrian bridge wouldn’t require that much of a run-up though.  I’m envisioning something similar to ones crossing I-244 east of downtown and 56th & Harvard.

Oooh, another twirly bridge for the Fleet Feet running programs Cheesy  That'd be fun for the downtowners
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #415 on: January 27, 2016, 02:56:20 pm »

Pedestrian bridges tend to look ghetto (IMO).
There's usually either chain-link or graffiti involved

Ideally the railway would be sunk / cut into the ground (like the south leg of the IDL)..   the crossing roads/bridges wouldn't need the huge elevation changes / runs.. which essentially kill road/sidewalk access from those streets  (the parking garages use the bridges as ramps to get to their 2nd levels).    Would also help with noise abatement.
Anyone have a billion $?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:58:03 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »

Anyone have a billion $?

The city council is working on arranging for $1 billion I hear.

I like the idea of a sunken railway, but there’s no way to recoup that investment from an economic standpoint.  All the redevelopment has happened in spite of ground level tracks.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »

I'd love if they could go vertical and add a couple of floors to the bankruptcy court with consistent architecture.  It's and awesome building.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2016, 09:13:59 am »

I'd love if they could go vertical and add a couple of floors to the bankruptcy court with consistent architecture.  It's and awesome building.

which bldg is this?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #419 on: January 28, 2016, 09:35:51 am »

Pedestrian bridges tend to look ghetto (IMO).
There's usually either chain-link or graffiti involved

Ideally the railway would be sunk / cut into the ground (like the south leg of the IDL)..   the crossing roads/bridges wouldn't need the huge elevation changes / runs.. which essentially kill road/sidewalk access from those streets  (the parking garages use the bridges as ramps to get to their 2nd levels).    Would also help with noise abatement.
Anyone have a billion $?

They don't have to
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org