A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:32:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076828 times)
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2015, 07:10:12 am »

So...about that gravel parking lot east of McNellies/Albert G's and the building towards the east end of that same block.

Anyone have any ideas on if/how that may get developed?

Sorry to breakup the Sager hatefest

The McNellie's and Albert G's buildings and the gravel lot behind and beside the buildings are all on a single parcel, and that's owned by Team Properties LLC. According to the Secretary of State, that LLC is owned by Glenn Strobel, but the name is inactive.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
saintnicster
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 01:38:23 pm »

So...about that gravel parking lot east of McNellies/Albert G's and the building towards the east end of that same block.

Anyone have any ideas on if/how that may get developed?
I'm hoping that they hold onto it, and at least repair it.  It's the only lot inside the IDL that I'm aware of that isn't owned/managed by either American or Central.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 04:03:51 pm »

My "If I had a billion dollars" idea involves buying out both companies, shuttering most lots and building limited garages. Easier to pull off when you control supply.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2015, 08:30:47 am »

if the ground up construction momentum continues these surface lots won't make economic sense for much longer. if Central and American parking want to be a part of the future in downtown they will jump on the bandwagon and build some structured parking (they won't).

I think it's also important for the city to ratify one of the many downtown development plans or to create and implement some amalgam of the best parts of them. We will need parking and we will need shuttles of some sort from that parking to the event centers at a minimum.

I went to both concerts at the BOK this weekend and it is clear that the current free for all drive and park process is not sustainable. So glad that I live walking distance away and know to use the shuttle from the Ambassador Hotel to the BOK.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2015, 11:46:26 am »

"Hail Mary Pass" Attempt for OKPops

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/hail-mary-pass-attempt-okpops

At the 11th hour of the legislative session, Senate President Pro-Tem Brian Bingman  of Sapulpa is considering legislation that would create an Oklahoma Museum of Popular Culture in Tulsa. It would be built in the Brady Arts District.

Bingman's plan would use revenue from the Oklahoma History Center bonds, once the center is paid for, to finance bonds for OKPops.

Bingman says his plan has no connection to the half-finished Indian Cultural Center in Oklahoma City. It still lacks $40-million to finish construction.

Bingman says OKPops has a good business plan, would be self-sustaining and would not need on-going state funding.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2015, 03:11:54 pm »

If approved, it opens in 3 years.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2015, 03:43:42 pm »

if the ground up construction momentum continues these surface lots won't make economic sense for much longer. if Central and American parking want to be a part of the future in downtown they will jump on the bandwagon and build some structured parking (they won't).

I think it's also important for the city to ratify one of the many downtown development plans or to create and implement some amalgam of the best parts of them. We will need parking and we will need shuttles of some sort from that parking to the event centers at a minimum.

I went to both concerts at the BOK this weekend and it is clear that the current free for all drive and park process is not sustainable. So glad that I live walking distance away and know to use the shuttle from the Ambassador Hotel to the BOK.

I've been to plenty of shows and there is more than enough parking to accommodate BOK Center events.  The only people who complain either have some moral imperative that prevents them from paying to park and/or have a problem walking a few blocks.  The Central garage north of the BOK Tower never has more than a handful of spots taken and is only a few blocks walk.
TeeDub
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2015, 09:05:46 am »

I've been to plenty of shows and there is more than enough parking to accommodate BOK Center events.  The only people who complain either have some moral imperative that prevents them from paying to park and/or have a problem walking a few blocks.  The Central garage north of the BOK Tower never has more than a handful of spots taken and is only a few blocks walk.

This is my experience as well.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2015, 10:23:14 am »

Right, but everyone drives past the BOK to find parking which is what is causing the traffic craziness. We need to get them to park elsewhere and feel that they can safely get to their event and back again.
TeeDub
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41:06 am »

Right, but everyone drives past the BOK to find parking which is what is causing the traffic craziness. We need to get them to park elsewhere and feel that they can safely get to their event and back again.

Have you ever been to any event/concert in another town that wasn't surrounded by traffic craziness?   

I thought that was just the nature of the beast.   Crowds mean traffic.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2015, 12:17:01 pm »

This is my experience as well.

They need to work on lighting and making that walk more inviting. It's short, but uncomfortable for those that don't come downtown often.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2015, 12:27:20 pm »

Have you ever been to any event/concert in another town that wasn't surrounded by traffic craziness?   

I thought that was just the nature of the beast.   Crowds mean traffic.

So a few signs and directions wouldn't be of use. Waste of time.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2015, 09:58:59 am »

They need to work on lighting and making that walk more inviting. It's short, but uncomfortable for those that don't come downtown often.

I would agree with this.  Even some additional street scaping would help.  Infill would be ideal but we're still a ways away from that.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2015, 11:13:33 am »

Oklahoma Senate Committee OKs Bonds for Tulsa Pop Museum

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-senate-committee-oks-bonds-tulsa-pop-museum

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A proposal to issue $25 million in bonds to build the Oklahoma Museum of Popular Culture in Tulsa has passed its first legislative hurdle.

The Senate Joint Committee on Appropriations and Budget voted 27-13 Tuesday for legislation that would authorize funding for the museum, known as OKPOP. The bill now goes to the full Senate for consideration.

Senate President Pro Tem Brian Bingman of Sapulpa introduced the legislation on Monday. He says the $25 million in bonds will be matched with private funds and the proposed museum will be built in Tulsa on donated land.

State lawmakers have rejected funding for the proposed pop culture museum in previous years.

The committee also voted 33-0 for a voluntary compliance initiative to collect past-due state taxes.

Out of curiosity, where will this go awry?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »

It sounds like one the biggest drivers for this museum is the adjacent parking garage so they can charge for people to park in the Brady District.  If it means some of the other surface lots go away once it's built then it's a win plus it fills in one of the biggest lots still there on Archer between Boston and Cincinnati.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org