A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:15:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1077205 times)
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:04 am »

Those renderings look great!!

Anyone know when they will do something more with the area to the north and east of McNellie's and Albert G's, that is currently gravel parking?   It looks like that whole block from Elgin to Greenwood south of the railroad tracks is owned by the same group, not sure if both McNellie's and Albert G's are leasing the space or how that works.  Would like to see some more restaurants in that area and with this new residential development it seems like a no-brainer.

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2015, 09:27:00 am »

"Additional projects on the horizon include the 40,000-square-foot Bacon and Son building at 1st Street and Lansing Avenue, recently purchased by local developer Michael Sager..."

http://gtrnews.com/greater-tulsa-reporter/13447/area-districts-see-development
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2015, 09:31:03 am »

"Additional projects on the horizon include the 40,000-square-foot Bacon and Son building at 1st Street and Lansing Avenue, recently purchased by local developer Michael Sager..."

Developer? You must be kidding.

It's bad news when Sager is involved in a Project building. Damn thief needs to finish the First Street Lofts and pay the city back. He should be prosecuted at this point. I wonder how much in "management fees" he's taken out of that building.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:33:28 am by swake » Logged
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:50 am »

He's bought 2-3 buildings in the Pearl District recently too.

If he has the equity to buy these properties why is the City not suing him over the Blue Dome property? The City really needs to stand up and do something about this - he is holding up funds that could be used for other downtown housing projects. He's 100% taking advantage of tax payers and he's calling the City's bluff, it's really sad.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 10:15:22 am »

He's not going to do anything with this building...he is just going to sit on it until the price doubles.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2015, 02:23:04 pm »

He's not going to do anything with this building...he is just going to sit on it until the price doubles.

He's still burning a lot of cash to buy these properties. Cash that should be going to repay the money he's stole from taxpayers. Again, I do not get why the city has not done something about this. Especially when he's so flagrantly throwing money at "other projects"
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 02:27:51 pm »

Also, the Enterprise building did sell recently - Rivercity Development bought it. So Artist, I think you said you saw people cleaning out the property - and it might be under construction soon. Supposedly it will be turned into lofts along with 400 S. Boston which is slated to become 48 units (which is owned by Rivercity too).

I'll update the front page shortly with the Davenport Lofts project too.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2015, 04:53:59 pm »

So Sager, who as I gather, does not seem to like zoning and fights against it downtown because he owns property there, now owns property and has a say in the Pearl District zoning?  May not bode well.   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »

Also, the Enterprise building did sell recently - Rivercity Development bought it. So Artist, I think you said you saw people cleaning out the property - and it might be under construction soon. Supposedly it will be turned into lofts along with 400 S. Boston which is slated to become 48 units (which is owned by Rivercity too).

I'll update the front page shortly with the Davenport Lofts project too.

I really want to talk to them before they get too far along with any plans on that ground floor space in the Enterprise Building.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2015, 07:16:16 pm »

I really want to talk to them before they get too far along with any plans on that ground floor space in the Enterprise Building.

Give the guys at Rivercity Development a call. Give me a PM if you can't find any contacts for them and I'm sure I could dig them up for you.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2015, 07:41:07 am »

Hunt Hawkins

http://www.rcdtulsa.com/

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2015, 11:05:48 am »

I thought the Bacon and Son building was torn down? Some building in that area was within the last year or so.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2015, 11:19:38 am »

I thought the Bacon and Son building was torn down? Some building in that area was within the last year or so.

Torn down, owned by Sager. Same difference.

bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2015, 09:27:12 pm »

So...about that gravel parking lot east of McNellies/Albert G's and the building towards the east end of that same block.

Anyone have any ideas on if/how that may get developed?

Sorry to breakup the Sager hatefest

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:01 pm »

So...about that gravel parking lot east of McNellies/Albert G's and the building towards the east end of that same block.

Anyone have any ideas on if/how that may get developed?

Sorry to breakup the Sager hatefest

Surely somebody has had some back door discussions about that lot. That space is quickly becoming prime.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org