A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:25 pm
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367566 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2019, 09:39:19 am »

Scissortail Park progress update

YouTube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbZFA6U0jQ

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2019, 10:02:21 am »

"contemporary gray and white" makes me sad. You go to architecture school for years and come out and think "you know what the world needs, less pigment"

"Contemporary" - to 1936 prison or battleship colors.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #422 on: April 19, 2019, 10:11:11 am »

Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area 2018-2017:

1,396,445 - 1,383,242 increase +13,196

At this rate of increase over the previous 3 years, Oklahoma City MSA should exceed 1,440,000 when the 2020 report comes out in 2021.

How OKC compares to our NBA small market peers:

Memphis 1,350,620 - 1,347,596 increase +3.044
     Milwaukee 1,576,113 - 1,575,151 increase +962
     New Orleans 1,270,399 - 1,270,465 decrease -66
     Oklahoma City 1,396,445 - 1,383,242 increase +13,196
     Salt Lake City 1,222,340 - 1,205,238 increase +17,305

Hope we can eclipse the 20,000 year increase in the MSA.  The projected estimates have been  pretty accurate by the census bureau.  We are the core of our state's population increase.

The OKC economy use to be heavily dependent on the energy sector; diversification has helped over the last 25 years.

Census:  https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2010s-total-metro-and-micro-statistical-areas.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:33:30 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2019, 10:42:28 am »

Oklahoma City Town Center at Remington Park

Join the discussion at OKCTalk forum:  https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=45032

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:39 am »

Hope we can eclipse the 20,000 year increase in the MSA.  The projected estimates have been  pretty accurate by the census bureau.  We are the core of our state's population increase.

The OKC economy use to be heavily dependent on the energy sector; diversification has helped over the last 25 years.

Yeah we still have any over-reliance on the energy sector in Tulsa though that is changing.  OKC has a more diversified economy and OU in the metro which helps with population growth.  I do think the seeds have been planted for Tulsa to have more similar growth as OKC this next decade.  The state depends on it as the rural areas and small towns will continue to bleed people.  Look at this map:

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2019, 12:01:40 pm »

Yeah we still have any over-reliance on the energy sector in Tulsa though that is changing.  OKC has a more diversified economy and OU in the metro which helps with population growth.  I do think the seeds have been planted for Tulsa to have more similar growth as OKC this next decade.  The state depends on it as the rural areas and small towns will continue to bleed people.  Look at this map:

You'll see a boost in Tulsa's population within the next 10 years.  Tulsa's becoming more diversified in commerce; let's not write off the energy sector, it has its ups and downs.  Just wish we (OKC) has the beautiful hills and terrain Green Country possesses.  You'll see a break-thru in the Tulsa metro area;  seeing lots of development (Gathering Place & firm expansion-investment) on TulsaNow forum that plants the seeds for accelerated growth in T-town's future. 

A city like Austin is growing so fast; they have future challenges to keep up with the infrastructure demand.

One good thing about growth; it works well when you plan and manage growth; once it get out-of-control--anything can happen.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2019, 12:07:46 pm »

First National Center renovation

The total cost of the project is a whopping $287 million
City voted to lend the project $45 million in TIF dollars.
First National Center is a Tax Increment Finance District.

Developer Gives First Look At Hotel Rooms, Apartments At First National In Downtown OKC:  https://www.news9.com/story/40232869/developer-gives-first-look-at-hotel-rooms-apartments-at-first-national-in-downtown-okc

Mixed-use apartments & hotel center:  Marriott Autography 5-star
Six restaurants, including a Ruth' Chris steakhouse are going in at the hotel
146 hotel rooms and 190 apartments

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:13:46 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2019, 08:56:59 am »

OKC Convention Center Complex & Scissortail Park will be a welcome addition to the core.

OKC planned park, convention center, Omni hotel & streetcar route are positioned in the map above.
                    The gold building (lower left) now being demolished will make room for the CC garage & Boulevard Place.

Skydance Bridge, walkable link to the upper downtown & lower southside sections of Scissortail Park

Historic Union Station Depot (below) will be repurposed, renovated and included in future plans; view looking north into the park & convention center under construction.  MAPS 3 (debt free) & 2017 General Obligation Bond initiatives will provide a combined $1.8 billion of new construction exclusive of private development.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:30:58 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #428 on: May 01, 2019, 02:58:07 pm »

Grand Development

Construction is set to start later this year on 6100 NW Grand, 14 brownstones being developed by architect Rick Brown. [RENDERING BY RBA ARCHITECTS]

by Steve Lackmeyer, Oklahoman
Published: Wed, May 1, 2019 1:04 AM Updated: Wed, May 1, 2019 1:22 AM

Construction of a 14-brownstone development set to start later this year is expected to boast walking access to Classen Curve, Whole Foods and an array of upscale restaurants and shops.

The developer, Rick Brown, is an award-winning veteran architect in Oklahoma City who initially started looking for empty land in the area to build a home for him and his wife, Tracey.

The property at 6100 NW Grand previously was home to Kensington Apartments before it was cleared by the late Aubrey McClendon, who was overseeing a master plan for the area as part of his vision of creating an upscale community around the nearby Chesapeake Energy campus.

Link:  https://newsok.com/article/5630188/grand-development-brownstones-planned-for-area-near-classen-curve?

ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2019, 09:20:45 am »

^These could end up looking great or terrible. There's probably not a lot of middle ground. Fingers crossed they look great. I would love to see more
ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2019, 09:21:46 am »

...brownstone type developments in this region.

oops. Cut myself off.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2019, 10:50:46 am »

...brownstone type developments in this region.

oops. Cut myself off.

Thought the same thing to myself when I first saw this. Had to do a double-take to make sure they were talking about OKC.  It's an exciting time to live in Oklahoma; especially in the state's two largest metro areas.  Seeing some really good plans for the future of Tulsa and OKC

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2019, 02:57:32 pm »

Thought the same thing to myself when I first saw this. Had to do a double-take to make sure they were talking about OKC.  It's an exciting time to live in Oklahoma; especially in the state's two largest metro areas.  Seeing some really good plans for the future of Tulsa and OKC

Ha don’t tell that to the people who comment on the articles local news stations post on Facebook.  According to them OKC and Tulsa are crime-ridden cesspools with no future.   Cheesy

ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #433 on: May 03, 2019, 09:59:54 am »

Ha don’t tell that to the people who comment on the articles local news stations post on Facebook.  According to them OKC and Tulsa are crime-ridden cesspools with no future.   Cheesy

Well, Lori Fullbright needs an audience too.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #434 on: May 03, 2019, 10:06:33 am »

^These could end up looking great or terrible. There's probably not a lot of middle ground. Fingers crossed they look great. I would love to see more

So while Tulsa is dominated with faux-Tuscan, OKC I guess is going faux-French?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org