A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:22:55 pm
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 366065 times)
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #885 on: August 31, 2020, 08:51:59 am »

"You also started an OKC topic smack in the middle of the main Tulsa development where it didn't belong in the first place."

To his credit, this thread didn't start as an OKC topic. It was about Ikea rumors in both Tulsa and OKC. Not sure how it drifted, but eventually somewhere renamed it to reflect the OKC-focus.

Generally agree with other posters that I skip this thread for the same reasons. Seems in good faith, but a weekly update on developments and how they help inform Tulsa development (i.e. OKC getting an Ikea would make it less likely Tulsa gets one) would be more appropriate for this forum.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #886 on: August 31, 2020, 09:23:00 am »

I would actually like to hear how the electric powered, rides on steel rails with steel wheels streetcar is doing.

Saw it about 3 weeks ago and it looked very cool.  Quiet, smooth, and aesthetically pleasing.  Would love to see that here, with spurs out to the 'burbs.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #887 on: August 31, 2020, 09:40:17 am »

Can this thread be moved or locked? It’s basically spam for Laramie’s favorite site and has nothing to do with Tulsa development/new business.

Nobody forcing you to read them.  And how would you know it is Laramie's favorite site if you weren't at least looking at it?   Can easily be ignored and it don't like the "clutter" on the notifications, click on it once then go to Show new replies and you are out of it.

Sometimes there is some interesting stuff to see in OKC.  Not as much as Tulsa, but at least they got brains enough to get a streetcar system!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
918superboy
Citizen

« Reply #888 on: August 31, 2020, 01:46:57 pm »

Hey Laramie, I enjoyed your OKC news as well. I don't follow any OKC news so this was a good way to see what was going on there! Hope this posting issue gets resolved, you had very informative posts.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #889 on: August 31, 2020, 04:38:35 pm »

Laramie started a new thread in the "Burbs" forum, which seems like a great way to keep this information on the board without dominating the "Tulsa developments" forum.

Here is the new thread: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21872.0
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org