A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:39 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076583 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2015, 08:13:49 am »

Taylor purchased several buildings that formerly housed Tulsa Gamma Ray on the east side of Lewis between 12th & 11th.  They also own the building directly across the street.  The Renaissance Beer Brewery is scheduled to go in on the corner of 12th & Lewis.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2015, 10:37:55 am »

The Renaissance Beer Brewery is scheduled to go in on the corner of 12th & Lewis.

Any word on how that’s coming along?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2015, 10:43:37 am »

More breweries coming?  Nice!

I know that the guys at Dead Armadillo are hoping to be in their new digs at 4th and Madison by the first of July.

yay for craft beer!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2015, 03:16:09 pm »

http://www.nelsonstowe.com/boxyard

The Boxyard to pack downtown restaurants, retail and live events into shipping containers

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/the-boxyard-to-pack-downtown-restaurants-retail-and-live-events/article_b7cce83e-ea6e-508f-b68e-69ee32414d86.html

Even with all the development going on in downtown Tulsa, the newest project announced by Nelson-Stowe stands out for two reasons.

First, The Boxyard is going to be retail-focused, rather than entertainment or restaurant-focused, said Casey Stowe, a partner with Nelson-Stowe along with Elliot Nelson.
And second, it'll be mostly composed of shipping containers. Specifically, the hulking metal boxes used to store cargo as it's shipped across the ocean.

"We very much wanted to use containers that have made trips across the ocean," Stowe said. "Some may have only gone once, and some may have gone 20 times or more."

The 30-odd containers will combine at the southeast corner of Third Street and Frankfort Avenue to provide space for dozens of small, local retailers, as well as a few small restaurants and service providers, Stowe said.

Inspiration for The Boxyard came from similar shipping container redevelopment projects in other cities. Stowe said the relatively small size of the undeveloped site of The Boxyard would make traditional development difficult, but he believes it's a perfect fit for shipping containers.

The majority of the containers will be pushed together to form a solid lower level, while the upper level will become a wooden boardwalk with space for communal gathering, live music and a few rooftop shipping container establishments.

“It’ll really create an interesting dynamic,” he said.

Tenants won't be doing business inside sweaty chambers of rust. Stowe said each of the 320-square-foot containers will be finished out and air-conditioned to create comfortable business spaces.

Nelson-Stowe is in the process of acquiring the land from the Tulsa Development Authority. The group submitted the winning RFP plan in the spring, and the final vote to transfer ownership will occur Thursday.

Stowe estimated The Boxyard will be open for business as soon as the first quarter of 2016.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2015, 03:22:09 pm »

Any TN moles have insight on "Santa Fe Square"?
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2015, 03:34:17 pm »

Any word on how that’s coming along?

They keep their facebook updated about it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Renaissance-Brewing-Company/654564741242829

I talked to Glenn recently. They plan to start moving dirt in the next month or two but it has been a slow process due to them funding it themselves. It will be good for the Renaissance neighborhood. There are a lot of new additions there and the residents and neighborhood association have put a lot of effort into improving the area.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:43:29 pm by TulsaGoldenHurriCAN » Logged
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2015, 03:41:18 pm »

I wonder if it will be some kind of mixed-use area reminiscent of the Santa Fe plaza (but much smaller and less authentic). http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60958-d107439-Reviews-The_Plaza-Santa_Fe_New_Mexico.html

After looking at the rendering this sounds unlikely though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:48:20 pm by TulsaGoldenHurriCAN » Logged
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2015, 03:44:50 pm »

All I can say is this is a very real project. A group was at ICSC promoting the development to retailers and ARG will be the apartment developer and will have around 300 units. Office building will be around 150,000 sq. ft. which is sorely needed. Likely this will be staged to where the Edge will deliver and give an 8 month lease up window and stabilization period, then the Ballpark development would likely deliver with a similar 8 month to 1 year lease up and stabilization period, then the Santa Fe Station apartments will come online.

It's likely that the surface parking lot by the PAC will be under development too around the same time with a retail component but not sure whether it will have office or multifamily at the moment.

Downtown will quickly be changing.

I might be more excited about this than Santa Fe Station - this is AWESOME!!

I wanted to do something very similar here after seeing this: http://www.boxpark.co.uk
It's such a cool concept and shipping containers are very easy to convert for pop-up shops, small food places, and other longer-term small retailers. I hope they bring in some national brands to help test the waters for downtown retail.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:48:27 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2015, 03:45:42 pm »

I wonder if it will be some kind of mixed-use area reminiscent of the Santa Fe plaza (but much smaller and less authentic). http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60958-d107439-Reviews-The_Plaza-Santa_Fe_New_Mexico.html

I think (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but the small building that exist now used to be Santa Fe Depot (old train station) which is where they are getting the name from.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2015, 04:46:37 pm »

Looking at their website too... pulled these two photos.

I did noticed they re-aligned the axis to Frankfurt, which is very good! I would love to see something like the Millennium Bridge in Denver (below) built to connect the Blue Dome/Greenwood Brady area. It would serve as a focal point as well. Also interesting how they have a Salvatore Ferragamo sign on the storefront - if retailers like this were interested in downtown that would be huge as well, and no reason why they wouldn't be being adjacent to Maple Ridge and as successful as Utica Square is. From the commercial community and people who are close with H&P, they field enough calls from retailers they could triple the size of Utica Square and still have a waitlist.

This cost $7 million to build - would make a great addition to Vision2025 for downtown projects as well.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »

Looking at their website too... pulled these two photos.

The top photo looks somewhat like the renderings recently posted for the lot flanked by McNellie's, Joe Mommas, Dilly Deli, and Hartford Building.  The upper right even looks like the existing building on the northwest corner of the lot.  Filling up that space would be awesome!
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2015, 06:03:59 pm »

DowntownDan this is the same development that was posted earlier. The previous rendering was the hand sketch. They moved the axis point between 2nd/3rd to align with Frankfurt which is very smart. The only thing that concerns me is the huge parking garage along Greenwood. The parking needs to be wrapped by apartments or else you create a joint blank wall with no activity on the east 1/3rd of the development. Or better yet do underground parking, and use TIF monies to offset the added expense of underground parking (this is what TIF money should be used for, to better developments).

I've done a quick map showing all the changes on the East side of Downtown, it's really rather amazing.

1. Brady Flats - long delayed but still supposed to be built.
2. OKPOP! - finally passed the state house/senate.
3. BOK Foundation Warehouse - rumored to be converted into office/retail mix.
4. Gates Warehouse - retail and KSQ Architects HQ.
5. 120 Brady Village - hotel, office, and retail with underground parking.
6. Holiday Inn Express
7. The View - ARG project, 200 units and 20,000 sq. ft. of retail.
8. GreenArch Phase II
9. Hogan Assessment HQ
10. Bacon & Sun Property - Sagar project so who knows what will happen, dinosaurs might be walking the earth by the time he does anything with this.
11. Hartford Building Redevelopment - Synders project, 90 units, retail (possible grocer), and office.
12. Santa Fe Square - Office, retail, 200 units, and possible hotel.
13. PAC lot redevelopment - Rumored and confirmed from multiple sources. Grocer is likely to be constructed here which might play into the delay of the Hartford building. Other mix of development would be built as well, but not sure the specifics on this.
14. Ross Group HQ
15. Boxyard - Retail in shipping containers, 320 sq. ft. spaces.
16. The Edge - ARG project
17. Urban 8
18. New Elliot Nelson concept (German food) - building permits have been filed and he bought this property several months ago.
19. The Dock - retail and possibly office.
20. Greyhound Station - recently bought by Larsen development. Likely to be redevelopment, not sure what into. Plans are on hold due to legal issues with site 22.
21. Core LLC - likely mixed-use development, it's currently in "concept" stage so this is likely to be a few years out. They have been in discussions with retail consultants. Rumors are also of a retailer buying this land and adjacent Nordam site for a new Tulsa location.
22. East End Village Lofts - delayed by lawsuits.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:09:19 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2015, 07:15:17 pm »

Nice map, good work
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2015, 08:25:00 pm »

Great map! But shouldn't 15 be between 14 and 19?

Also, did Nelson+Stowe remove the Santa Fe Sq. tease from their website? Guess they really weren't ready to talk about it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:42:42 pm by gratherton » Logged
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:00 pm »

Great map! But shouldn't 15 be between 14 and 19?

Also, did Nelson+Stowe remove the Santa Fe Sq. tease from their website? Guess they really weren't ready to talk about it.

You are correct haha, I moved 15.

And it sure does look like removed the images haha. Maybe they read TulsaNow and thought oh no.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:10:38 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org