A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:00:39 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Tulsa" Jail  (Read 31128 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 06:40:07 pm »

Jurors in jail-death lawsuit told former medical director 'stabbed' inmates in neck with placebos

Update: Jury awards $10.2 million to Elliott Williams' estate after his death at Tulsa Jail

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 12:34:17 pm »

This mary-go-round has been going for a while now, and it looks like this time around the city is hoping off. This should get interesting.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 05:34:54 pm »

This mary-go-round has been going for a while now, and it looks like this time around the city is hoping off. This should get interesting.

We'll follow the trash-to-energy plant model:  Build a new facility with tax dollars then sell it to a private company that leases it back to us.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 05:50:39 pm »

We'll follow the trash-to-energy plant model:  Build a new facility with tax dollars then sell it to a private company that leases it back to us.
That sounds like the American Parking model.

For now it looks like we will be keeping short term prisoners in the old cells at HQ, and talk of shipping the longer term prisoners on only municipal charges to Okmulgee, at least until the ADC is revamped and put into service. Or at least that is the kind of sort of plans are at this point, from what I'm hearing.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »

For now it looks like we will be keeping short term prisoners in the old cells at HQ, and talk of shipping the longer term prisoners on only municipal charges to Okmulgee, at least until the ADC is revamped and put into service. Or at least that is the kind of sort of plans are at this point, from what I'm hearing.

Another new jail may be on the table.  Apparently the County Jail's problems were deeper than Glanz. 

Surprised?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/mayor-proposes-shipping-tulsa-inmates-to-okmulgee-councilors-to-mull/article_167be296-4729-5e54-b096-b26e789c6991.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »

If the county wants to double the costs, I don't see many options.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 05:46:24 pm »

Lol...How much do you think it will cost to build a new jail and staff it.....

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 07:20:43 pm »

Lol...How much do you think it will cost to build a new jail and staff it.....

I don't know.. why?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:51 am »

This will get even more interesting as the city starts to make the county more accountable for services provided.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 03:58:33 pm »

GT posted the whole story on Facebook. It paints a bad light on both sides, but only one side as unreasonable and that is the county.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2017, 07:36:39 am »

Estimate is 1.2M per year. A lot less then the county wants.
Good for GT
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2017, 10:35:28 am »

I have not had time to read the article yet.  Where will the city lock up be?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2017, 10:52:29 am »

I have not had time to read the article yet.  Where will the city lock up be?

They're just in the discussion phase.  No idea where they'd put one at right now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »

It's apparently old short term holding cells in the Police building.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2017, 01:27:02 pm »

They're just in the discussion phase.  No idea where they'd put one at right now.

It's in the writeup. Where swake said. Also county has been using that space for free so it should be in okay condition. Tulsa averages 25 inmates and roughly 10 of those will divert to the new substance abuse program so we'd be more like 15. Overflow, if needed, would go to Okmulgee.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org