A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:32:02 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site, new look  (Read 127267 times)
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »

Since your still using SMF 1.1.x your footer violates the copyright agreement of the forum software. The copyright notice must be legible. I would get rid of the blue bar down there and move the footer into the green. Now if you upgrade to 2.0 you don't even have to leave the copyright notice or can reformat it in any way you like.

Speaking of footer. your heading are not using the images on the forum like they are on the main page.

Thank you,
Robert Town
CRZ
Citizen

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 06:21:31 pm »

The color scheme reminds me a morning news program. I keep waiting for the voice over to proclaim "Wake Up Tulsa!"

I don't post often, but when I do, its to complain about changes.

Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:13 pm »

Since your still using SMF 1.1.x your footer violates the copyright agreement of the forum software. The copyright notice must be legible. I would get rid of the blue bar down there and move the footer into the green. Now if you upgrade to 2.0 you don't even have to leave the copyright notice or can reformat it in any way you like.

That is on the to-fix list. Having trouble finding it in the stylesheet.

Speaking of footer. your heading are not using the images on the forum like they are on the main page.

I'm not really sure why that is. This site is two different stylesheets with different people working on each one, not to mention dozens of PHP files so that may have just been an oversight. I'll see if I can move the WP footer to SMF.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:46 pm »

I'll get used to most of it.  I like the wider format. The colors in the recent posts section post number line make the thread title unreadable.  

It looks like that is a leftover from the previous code. Can fix that.

Edit: had to check before commenting on clicking the logo.

I liked being able to click on the logo to get back to the forum home page after making a post.  Now it takes me somewhere else, I think the home page of the whole website.

The idea was to integrate the whole thing into one site. Clicking "forum" will take you back to the top of the forum, or you can turn on "Return to topics after posting by default." on this page: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=theme

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »

or you can turn on "Return to topics after posting by default." on this page: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=theme

I already had that activated.  After I get done with a topic that I posted to and want to return to the forum home page is what I was referring to.  Going to the forum home page after posting is something that I believe needs to be a bit more prominent than one of eight words that don't even look like a button.  Just my opinion.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 08:34:27 pm »

I am tweaking with it. Any particular parts you don't like? As of this writing, I removed the peach and replaced it with plain white.

The new background is much better.  But it doesn't look white white, for some reason.  Still better though.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 08:43:49 pm »

The new background is much better.  But it doesn't look white white, for some reason.  Still better though.

Still not a big fan of the light blue.  I understand it's a primary color in the logo, but I don't like it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 09:15:11 pm »

How about one of these?...

Toned the yellow down, darkened and desaturated the blue, and shifted the green to a warmer green, also the message background is more golden vrs pink.

Shifted the yellow to a green tone and lightened the blue and the green from above a little. the message background is a "soft parchment green" .
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:25:30 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 10:32:36 pm »

How about one of these?...

Toned the yellow down, darkened and desaturated the blue, and shifted the green to a warmer green, also the message background is more golden vrs pink.

Shifted the yellow to a green tone and lightened the blue and the green from above a little. the message background is a "soft parchment green" .

Now we are making some progress.  The top one is a big improvement.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 05:58:27 am »

Can't shift the logo colors. The rest is negotiable. I think the yellow i changed it to looks like the yellow in the top example.

I will continue to tweak with the others though.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 08:47:31 am »

I already had that activated.  After I get done with a topic that I posted to and want to return to the forum home page is what I was referring to.  Going to the forum home page after posting is something that I believe needs to be a bit more prominent than one of eight words that don't even look like a button.  Just my opinion.

When on the forum, logo takes you to the forum now.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:01 am »

When on the forum, logo takes you to the forum now.

Thank you.  I'll try it now.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »

I like the new main body wording color. It could be just a taaad lighter.  I know its close to what I suggested, but in looking at it, its tricky because if you see a color at the bottom of the page/computer screen its lighter than at the top and when the color then goes all the way from top to bottom, it appears darker.  But if its a hassle, its fine, this new color is quite soothing imo.  Its the stuff in quotes color that seems harsh.  Oh, and the blue lettering is perfectly fine now imo.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:48:34 pm by TheArtist » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 02:56:53 pm »

Colors evoke an emotional response.  Back when I used to work for IdeaStudio we spent a great deal of time analyzing color choice for our clients in their marketing materials and ads.  It was expensive but worth it.  After developing an initial set of color combinations. We typically employed the use of a focus group.

The great thing about the TulsaNow forum is that it IS a focus group.  None of us really has any problem offering up our opinions.

THIS COLOR SCHEME IS BRIGHT AND ANNOYING.  

I am a member of several SMF forums and administrate two for my company (so I know what a pain in the a$$ it is to develop a new template).  
I tried to get over it today, but it's not working.

The colors are bright, they do not work with each other, and they are not complementary, analogous , or triadic.  They are just far enough off to cause discomfort.

Sorry  

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »

We switched coffee at the office about the same time this site changed it colors.  I'm not sure what is causing it but I'm finding myself a little more aggressive than normal.  I'm blaming it on the forum, because the coffee tastes much better than the old.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org