A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:28:53 pm
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598227 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #825 on: March 20, 2018, 05:52:27 pm »

Unintended victims of over-regulation
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/California-s-new-marijuana-regimen-leaves-out-12765587.php

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #826 on: March 24, 2018, 07:15:54 pm »

I bet he could find a company that would take the tax write-off for charitable donations.   All the big guys do it.   (Pfizer, Merck, etc.)
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #827 on: March 25, 2018, 07:38:06 pm »

Marijuana compound might help keep drug addicts, alcoholics from relapsing, study finds
http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article206687424.html

The trick, then, is to find real CBD oil and not some counterfeit mixed up by a vape shop.

"We really need to stress to people that they understand that state law says if there is [sic] detectable amounts of THC in it, it cannot be sold in Oklahoma,” said Mark Woodward with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics.
http://kfor.com/2018/01/31/how-cbd-oils-stores-are-regulated-in-oklahoma/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #828 on: April 11, 2018, 04:34:09 pm »

Former House Speaker Boehner 'has evolved' on marijuana
"I'm convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities."

In an interview with Bloomberg, Mr. Boehner said he began to shift his opinion after seeing marijuana help a close friend deal with back pain. He said “you begin to really scratch your head” when looking at how many people are in prison for marijuana possession.

“Over the last 10 or 15 years, the American people’s attitudes have changed dramatically,” he said. “I find myself in that same position.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/politics/boehner-cannabis-company-board/index.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #829 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:35 pm »

Former House Speaker Boehner 'has evolved' on marijuana
"I'm convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities."

In an interview with Bloomberg, Mr. Boehner said he began to shift his opinion after seeing marijuana help a close friend deal with back pain. He said “you begin to really scratch your head” when looking at how many people are in prison for marijuana possession.

“Over the last 10 or 15 years, the American people’s attitudes have changed dramatically,” he said. “I find myself in that same position.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/politics/boehner-cannabis-company-board/index.html

So, in other words, Boehner has picked up "The Doobie".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #830 on: April 12, 2018, 07:20:26 am »

So, in other words, Boehner has picked up "The Doobie".

There are none so pious as a repentant sinner...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #831 on: April 14, 2018, 12:13:26 pm »

DENVER (CBS4)– The first FDA-approved prescription drug made from pure cannabis is expected to hit the market in the next couple months and, unless lawmakers act, Colorado may be the only state that can’t sell it.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/04/13/cannabis-fda-state-capitol/

https://www.gwpharm.com/epilepsy-patients-caregivers/patients

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #832 on: April 20, 2018, 12:02:43 pm »

U.S. Senate Minority Leader Announces Measure to Decriminalize Marijuana

The legislation would remove marijuana from Drug Enforcement Administration’s list of controlled substances, which would end federal prohibition and leave it up to states to decide how to regulate the drug. Schumer stopped short of calling it legalization, but de-scheduling would essentially make marijuana legal at the federal level.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/7xdjqz/sen-chuck-schumer-to-introduce-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana

That, and the FDA approval of a commercial CBD product means children with epilepsy no longer have to look forward to a lifetime on opioids.

Meanwhile back in the Dark Ages:

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the Tulsa Police Department, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office and the ABLE Commission will operate the DUI checkpoint at an undisclosed location in the Tulsa area from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., according to a news release.

Although checkpoints normally are conducted late on Saturday nights, OHP spokesman Dwight Durant confirmed the upcoming checkpoint is on a Friday afternoon because of the date’s (4/20) significance in cannabis culture.

Durant said authorities are not specifically looking for drivers high on marijuana

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/authorities-to-operate-dui-checkpoint-in-tulsa-area-friday-evening/article_1ef042fe-3bf5-503a-92fc-af57a935782a.html

...FWIW their DUI roadblocks were never specifically looking for drunk drivers, either.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #833 on: April 20, 2018, 12:15:00 pm »

U.S. Senate Minority Leader Announces Measure to Decriminalize Marijuana

The legislation would remove marijuana from Drug Enforcement Administration’s list of controlled substances, which would end federal prohibition and leave it up to states to decide how to regulate the drug. Schumer stopped short of calling it legalization, but de-scheduling would essentially make marijuana legal at the federal level.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/7xdjqz/sen-chuck-schumer-to-introduce-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana

That, and the FDA approval of a commercial CBD product means children with epilepsy no longer have to look forward to a lifetime on opioids.

Meanwhile back in the Dark Ages:

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the Tulsa Police Department, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office and the ABLE Commission will operate the DUI checkpoint at an undisclosed location in the Tulsa area from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., according to a news release.

Although checkpoints normally are conducted late on Saturday nights, OHP spokesman Dwight Durant confirmed the upcoming checkpoint is on a Friday afternoon because of the date’s (4/20) significance in cannabis culture.

Durant said authorities are not specifically looking for drivers high on marijuana

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/authorities-to-operate-dui-checkpoint-in-tulsa-area-friday-evening/article_1ef042fe-3bf5-503a-92fc-af57a935782a.html

...FWIW their DUI roadblocks were never specifically looking for drunk drivers, either.

They didn't mention Jane Fest in the story, I thought that was the original impetus.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #834 on: April 20, 2018, 04:23:56 pm »

They didn't mention Jane Fest in the story, I thought that was the original impetus.

You should see the shops here today. Several are having 420 specials where you can get an ounce of buds for $28.00, limit one per customer. No shake/stems/junk,  just buds of the type of your choice.  Three or four of the shops have had lines 30 people deep waiting in line to get in to the shops.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #835 on: April 20, 2018, 05:34:59 pm »

You should see the shops here today. Several are having 420 specials where you can get an ounce of buds for $28.00, limit one per customer. No shake/stems/junk,  just buds of the type of your choice.  Three or four of the shops have had lines 30 people deep waiting in line to get in to the shops.

I don't think I uh, people I know ever paid less than a few hundred for an ounce.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #836 on: April 20, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »

I don't think I uh, people I know ever paid less than a few hundred for an ounce.

Supply and demand. There are several farms between where I live and I-5 that you can actually smell the grow in the air right before the harvest. The western side of the Cascade Range is a great environment for growing. Temperate climate, moist soil, near lots of rainfall and watershed. The grow farms are near the same areas that are popular for vineyards for wine production, and the state allows people to have a certain amount of land that with the permits grow pot as a crop, and there are a lot of people that grow various strains from basic to Maui Wowy, to Red Hair Sensimilla, and everything in between. It was really funny last year when I was headed out to a track weekend at Laguna Seca, that as I drove through certain areas I could smell the pot in the air.

The link below is the area that you can drive through and smell it growing.

https://goo.gl/maps/Ckyv1aQ8zbt
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #837 on: April 20, 2018, 07:46:32 pm »

Im sure people with family suffering from cancer find this very cute:

In recognition of 420 the Tulsa Police Department is working on a Marijuana Detection Kit....do you have a sudden case of the munchies?

We also offer a free weighing service to verify the weight of your Marijuana. If you have some Marijuana that you would like an official weight on, please contact your nearest officer.

The officer will be happy to weigh your Marijuana and provide you with a certified weight in the form of a citation, or for some lucky citizens the officer will offer you deluxe accommodations in one of our lovely facilities located in the downtown area.
https://www.facebook.com/tulsapolice/photos/a.376369998662.155038.50187668662/10155461932323663/?type=3

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #838 on: April 20, 2018, 08:03:01 pm »

Im sure people with family suffering from cancer find this very cute:

In recognition of 420 the Tulsa Police Department is working on a Marijuana Detection Kit....do you have a sudden case of the munchies?

We also offer a free weighing service to verify the weight of your Marijuana. If you have some Marijuana that you would like an official weight on, please contact your nearest officer.

The officer will be happy to weigh your Marijuana and provide you with a certified weight in the form of a citation, or for some lucky citizens the officer will offer you deluxe accommodations in one of our lovely facilities located in the downtown area.
https://www.facebook.com/tulsapolice/photos/a.376369998662.155038.50187668662/10155461932323663/?type=3

Oklahoma leadership

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #839 on: April 20, 2018, 08:35:17 pm »

I remember people buying at the standard price of the time at $20 an ounce.  Sometimes they would get it for $15....

I can see today's market would keep me off pot forever, even if legal.  Unless I grow my own...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org