A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:50:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immigration  (Read 14021 times)
eron2u
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:28:12 pm »

We all bleed red!..We are all human beings. How can you call this the bible belt! We are even teaching are kids in schools across the country NOT TO BE RACISITS! Citizen ship, no citizen ship. WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SIMPLE,,IT ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!!!!IT ISNT CITIZENSHIPS!!!  

This crisis is a shame.  It is tearing GOOD, loving families completly apart.  Mexicanos married to americanos and Americanos married to Mexicanos, with childeren, working, etc. Stopped for some unethical reason, basically physical apperence!) and deported tearing families in half!.

What has THIS COUNTRY or state become.!  We preach and preach not to be rasicit, but in turn are are childern watch us..THEY LEARN FROM US!

We are teaching them that a double standard is right!...WRONG...

IT"S money money money, and some one is making it some where.

Where are the people in the church, the belivers?  God wasnt from here either, yet we dont question him or send him back, now do we. We dont call people to see if he is on a status do we.  but he is here in the US , he is in our homes.  He is every where!!!!  Real belivers like myself, DONT JUDGE, DONT CARE, NO MONEY, OR MONEY, IT'S HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER JUST LIKE THE ABOVE TEACHES US TO DO.

wE SAY NO ABORTION,NEGLECT TO OUR BABIES BUT IT'S OK TO SEND A PARENT THAT IS THE SOLE SUPPORTER OF FOOD AND MONEY BACK, LEAVING BABIES AND FAMLIES TO STRAVE...NAH...SOMETHING IS WRONG.

ARE FORFATHERS HAD NO PAPERS EITHER. REMEMBER WE TOOK IT FROM THE INDIANS.

eron2u
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:42:47 pm »

i agree
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 12:45:30 pm »

There are several topics on this issue. I think everyone agrees there is an issue, but no-one agree how to deal with it. We have an immigration system that makes calling oversees tech support seem pleasant. We have thousands of people who want to be here but choose to bypass the failing system. If the toll booth only allowed one car through an hour, people would find a way around.

You could also say that the current system encourages entrapment, because of how bad it is. When a law basically encourages people to break it, you have to find fault in the law as well as the law breakers. The problem is, the only known punishment for violation of immigration laws is deportation. This is very kindergarten in it's mentality and can't be used in all cases.

Many people have jumped on the "stop illegal immigration" bandwagon for ulterior purposes (ie. money or homeland security) but that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem to be fixed.

You can compare what europeans did to the native americans but for one the Native had very little interest in borders, land ownership, etc. and had only explored a small portion of what we call the US and Canada. The U.S. is also giving tons of government benefits to those groups and I assume you aren't suggesting we create white reservations funded by hispanic immigrants.

God is an immigrant? Last I heard, he built the place.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:52:16 pm »

eron2u-

Your passion is wonderful.  Even though I can't say I agree with your argument even close to 100%, and don't know your motive in posting it here, I commend you for your passion.  You should take a look at some of the other threads we've had on this issue on discussion and politics and chime in.

It's not a black and white issue, there are many problems caused by people with no respect for Oklahoma citizens nor our laws which have caused our state legislature to pass HB 1804, and there are problems that law begets.

Welcome aboard.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:35:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by eron2u

i agree

Did you just agree with yourself?

quote:
ARE FORFATHERS HAD NO PAPERS EITHER. REMEMBER WE TOOK IT FROM THE INDIANS.

eron2u
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 07:22:56 am »

It is a federal issue not a state issue so why do the people of oklahoma try to pass laws make laws that are gouverned by the FEDS! over and over. The solution leave others alone. Are the peolpe that bored with there lives that they have to inturede to the lives of others.

Come on

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 07:29:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by eron2u

It is a federal issue not a state issue so why do the people of oklahoma try to pass laws make laws that are gouverned by the FEDS! over and over. The solution leave others alone. Are the peolpe that bored with there lives that they have to inturede to the lives of others.

Come on

Federal issue?

quote:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Chicken Little
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 08:18:45 am »

It's not a question of law, it's a question of strategy.  It's a federal issue because it requires a comprehensive strategy addressing all fifty states.  Short of that, you are just pushing the problems around from one state to another and not solving anything.  Just because a state can act on it's own, doesn't mean it is wise to do so.  In this case, I believe that Oklahoma is taking unilateral action that is hurting us, not helping.
Chicken Little
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 08:28:42 am »

I agree.[Wink]
iplaw
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 08:52:01 am »

quote:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Silly boy...don't you know that the 10th amendment died about 20 years ago...
iplaw
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:52:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:
Silly boy...don't you know that the 10th amendment died about 20 years ago...

I AGREE!
iplaw
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 08:53:23 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

It's not a question of law, it's a question of strategy.  It's a federal issue because it requires a comprehensive strategy addressing all fifty states.  Short of that, you are just pushing the problems around from one state to another and not solving anything.  Just because a state can act on it's own, doesn't mean it is wise to do so.  In this case, I believe that Oklahoma is taking unilateral action that is hurting us, not helping.

I suppose only time will tell.
Me
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 03:52:01 pm »

hi jsut testing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org