A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:06:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 602517 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2012, 09:41:35 pm »

Wouldn't surprise me at all - that certainly would make sense....I just haven't heard of any direct evidence...if you got some info, I would love to know it!

I'm pretty sure I heard/saw it on a documentary on either Channel 11 or the History Channel.  It's been a few years ago now.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »

I believe the liquor industry also had a hand in it.

Besides national police associations, the alcohol industry is the major source of funding to fight reform efforts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdoMYGRJP_8[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:51 am »

There we are then...they know their sales would droop, and we can't have that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2012, 12:30:43 pm »

There we are then...they know their sales would droop, and we can't have that....

4 Industries Getting Rich Off the Drug War
Several industries owe their profit margins, market shares, and—in some cases—very existence to the war on drugs.
http://reason.com/archives/2012/04/22/4-industries-getting-rich-off-the-drug-w/singlepage

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2012, 02:24:55 pm »

4 Industries Getting Rich Off the Drug War
Several industries owe their profit margins, market shares, and—in some cases—very existence to the war on drugs.
http://reason.com/archives/2012/04/22/4-industries-getting-rich-off-the-drug-w/singlepage

Not to mention the big 20 billion dollar gorilla bureaucracy - the DEA. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2012, 02:39:25 pm »

Not to mention the big 20 billion dollar gorilla bureaucracy - the DEA. 

What? You don’t think people would come forward from a cushy government bureaucracy to point out they are a huge drain on the budget and society in general and go sit in the u/e line?   Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2012, 02:41:26 pm »

What? You don’t think people would come forward from a cushy government bureaucracy to point out they are a huge drain on the budget and society in general and go sit in the u/e line?   Grin

Won't happen.  That's why they need to be fired!  Legalize pot!   Save $20 billion and reduce a dangerous government bureaucracy!!

rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »

We need only go as far as the recent federal sting here in Tulsa to see how well the WOD is going.
How we progressed from the 1930's version of anti-Mexican legislation, to drug enforcement officers caught on tape filling their pockets with cash in a Tulsa motel room, is mind boggling.
The idea.  You have a link for that incident?
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »

The idea.  You have a link for that incident?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3KqIt3f64[/youtube]

The videos show Detective John K. "J.J." Gray, former Cpl. Harold Wells and Officers Nick DeBruin and Bruce Bonham searching a hotel room during the May 18, 2009, sting. Gray, Bonham and DeBruin are shown pocketing cash that had been placed in the room by the FBI as part of the sting.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2012, 09:32:36 pm »

Just a thought I read today....

You say pot makes people hungry, stupid, and lazy? 

So you are saying we have had a 40+ year war against hungry, stupid, lazy people and we still can't win it?

I think it's time to throw in the towel.

John Jay Myers, candidate for US Senate, TX

The drug war has led to America being the leader in incarcerations around the world, ahead of China and Iran.  Visible forward progress....not.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »

So you are saying we have had a 40+ year war against hungry, stupid, lazy people and we still can't win it?

The drug war has led to America being the leader in incarcerations around the world, ahead of China and Iran.  Visible forward progress....not.

Wow, a salient thought coming from Texas.  I guess dogs and cats CAN live together!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2012, 09:55:00 pm »

Not completely sure about that, but who knows....

Libertarian from TX.  Much of what he says I feel is good stuff.  But then he and many other Libertarians also are in favor of government abdicating many of those responsibilities that I feel are absolutely necessary.

http://johnjaymyers.com/

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2012, 06:18:10 am »

The war has lead to a thriving corrections business which lobbies hard for stronger sentencing and funding of more correctional facilities.

If we really want to eliminate hungry, stupid, lazy people we could start with people who live mostly off of fast food and QT and are so busy eating their fries while driving that they can't use their turn signals.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2012, 07:54:03 am »

Think of all the lost jobs if we had some sanity in the law! 

All the carp about how smoking dope makes you any of those things - yeah, right.  Think Michael Phelps.  Well, he may be hungry all the time given how many calories he burns each day....

JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2012, 07:12:45 am »

Won't happen.  That's why they need to be fired!  Legalize pot!   Save $20 billion and reduce a dangerous government bureaucracy!!

Yes, because while Republicans are down with smaller Government, it is on the non-"morals" agencies: EPA, DOE, Education, SEC, OMB, IRS, etc etc, and agencies or funded programs that don't support their agenda, primarily Planned Parenthood and any Arts programs.  We must cut costs at any expense... except when the cutting of costs will interfer with campaign contributions.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org