A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:02:32 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) AH HA / Mathews Warehouse  (Read 93776 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 07:49:11 pm »

May be a while before they actually start, possibly next year. Though I hear they are already scraping around in the building right now.

I am interested in seeing the plans for the park across the way. I heard someone (Ken Levit possibly) mention something about geothermal and the park? Anyone know what that may have been about? Or is the Mathews Building to be heated with geothermal energy?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2009, 11:28:24 am »

It's more of a concrete ampitheater than a park.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 08:30:55 am »

Wonder if we need an ampitheater with a new baseball stadium that can be used for concerts just a couple of blocks away (as well as the Brady and the Cains).
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:47 pm »

No.

This is more of a gathering space that can accomodate music than a place that can accomodate bocce.

On topic, has anyone noticed there is construction fence around the Kaiser end of the building?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:16 pm »

No.

This is more of a gathering space that can accomodate music than a place that can accomodate bocce.

On topic, has anyone noticed there is construction fence around the Kaiser end of the building?

Oh giver of meager clues...Are there any "above ground" architectural elements to it?  Tongue

And back on topic... no I havent. But fingers crossed that something is moving along with this project.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:45 am »

Oh giver of meager clues...Are there any "above ground" architectural elements to it?  Tongue

Look for yourself.

* matthews+kotv+park.jpg (316 KB - downloaded 1028 times.)
Ihearttacos
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 10:36:36 am »

I lived on the corner of Boston and Brady from 03-06 and still miss the location, I am very excited and quite jealous that they are finally going to do some major projects in the area.  (and the improved condition of sidewalks and lighting for pedestrians)

I am concerned with the availability or lack of parking with all the volumes of people these projects will bring.  The trucking company will not be missed, they were loud, dirty, and a general eye sore.  Does anyone know what company is working on the ampitheather design?
OurTulsa
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2009, 03:55:22 pm »

Living Arts new home at Detroit and Brady:

spartanokc
OKC Nag
Citizen

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2010, 01:13:20 am »

In OKC we've been throwing around the idea of doing something like this for one of the educational institutions that have recently been getting involved downtown (one of their art programs). It could be a game-changing announcement for our Bricktown area, but it's still at least a year off. When I first became privy I mentioned the Matthews Warehouse project, and believe it or not, people down the pike have been following this project. Not closely, but they know of it.

Is there any status update on the Living ArtsCenter project? I'm guessing that the Kaiser-funded portion of the project is moving forward, well into construction, whereas the Arts & Humanities Council-funded portion of it is still waiting for donations to move forward?

I'm also guessing that this is no longer the plan, as evidenced by the alternate rendering previously posted in this thread (I liked this better, but the new aint bad)..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:15:03 am by spartanokc » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2010, 08:40:08 pm »

I'm guessing that the Kaiser-funded portion of the project is moving forward, well into construction, whereas the Arts & Humanities Council-funded portion of it is still waiting for donations to move forward?

Basically. The AHCT portion had a big donor on the line but it ultimately fell through, that was about a year ago and the economy isn't quite donation-friendly.
spartanokc
OKC Nag
Citizen

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2010, 09:15:12 pm »

So I take it only the Kaiser funded portion is going to become a reality any time soon, until the economy improves at least.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 02:07:41 pm »

Great to see something's happening.

I understand the banner is for the Philbrook but that brick has just been uncovered correct?
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 04:30:51 pm »

Word is groundbreaking for the VAC (The Arts and Humanities portion) will happen in late September.

Rico
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 08:20:07 am »

Word is groundbreaking for the VAC (The Arts and Humanities portion) will happen in late September.

Very nice mural they have going on.

Very glad this is happening... Went to a meeting at this location when they were still trying to acquire the building.
Macy Snider spoke in favor of the transformation and reuse of the building. One more plus for the Snider's in my book.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 08:34:37 am »

This project will be a fantastic addition to the Brady District.  I'm looking forward to seeing it under construction, as well as the park across the street which is scheduled to start in the next couple months.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org