A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:35:26 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Captain D's - Sand Springs  (Read 8832 times)
breitee
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:24:39 am »

Another boarded up fast food restaurant in Sand Springs. Anybody have any ideas on what should go there?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:01:27 am »

Not going to miss that one at all. Last time I was there it was horrible and I felt like I would have been safer in the middle of Baghdad rather than eating their food.
T Badd
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:52:59 pm »

It seems that Captain D's has pretty much pulled out of NE OK.  I know that the one at 21st and Garnett is boarded shut, and I remember seeing one more somewhere else in Tulsa closed. That's alright...if I'm going to eat food that I have to rush straight home after, you can bet it'll be Long John Silvers rather than Capt. D's.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:40:37 pm »

Here is the Tulsa World story from last week...

Captain D's closing Sand Springs location
By Deon Hampton World Staff Writer
5/23/2007

Four Captain D's Seafood Kitchens in Tulsa and the surrounding area closed due to poor sales, said Ken Swoyer, spokesman for the national franchise. "The restaurants were underperforming," he said.

Restaurants at 7846 E. 51st St. and 1825 S. Garnett Road in Tulsa; 104 N. Adams Road in Sand Springs; and 312 S. Elm Place in Broken Arrow closed May 7, Swoyer said.

Tulsa City-County Health Department records show that a health inspector's closeout paperwork was completed May 9 for the restaurant on 51st Street, said Debbie Watts, supervisor in consumer protection at the health department.

She said closeout paperwork for the Sand Springs and Broken Arrow restaurants has been submitted but not processed. Paperwork for the fourth Captain D's hasn't been filed. "We haven't received any information on the Captain D's at 18th and Garnett," Watts said. She said there's a possibility inspectors haven't inspected the businesses in the area yet.

John Reel, treasury analyst in the licensing department for the city of Tulsa, said businesses were eligible to start renewing food licenses May 1. None of the four Captain D's restaurants had renewed their food licenses, he said. The food licenses would have expired June 30. "That (date) goes for any place that has a food license in the city of Tulsa," he said.

There are 582 Captain D's nationwide, with 303 being franchise operations, Swoyer said. The four local restaurants were company operated, he said. One Captain D's remains in Tulsa at 7481 E. Admiral Place. There is also one at 7603 N. Owasso Expressway, Owasso; and another at 2 N. Mission St., Sapulpa.

Restaurants and retail establishments make their own decisions on opening or closing without consulting with the chamber, said Sheila Curley, vice president of the Tulsa Metro Chamber of Commerce. "Many times a national franchise such as Captain D's already knows their target audience and demographics and have done their market research," she said.

About 30 employees, 25 of which were part-time, lost their jobs. Swoyer said when a Captain D's closes a restaurant they offer employees a chance to transfer. There are job opportunities in Tulsa for the skilled labor employees left without work, Curley said. Swoyer said location contributed to the closings.

"This happens over time when traffic in an area evolves," Swoyer said. "Captain D's remains a strong and thriving company." Swoyer didn't rule out other Captain D's openings in the future. "When locating new Captain D's sites, we're always looking at contemporary areas where there's lots of traffic and activity. Tulsa is a great city," Swoyer said. It's an important market, he added.

I thought it is interesting that 51st and Memorial was a poor location, but Admiral and Memorial was not.

Power is nothing till you use it.
breitee
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 03:34:31 pm »

What would you like to go in there to take its place?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:41:36 pm »

An exit ramp off 412 Eastbound.
breitee
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 02:50:28 pm »

What's going on at the old Captain D's restaurant? Looks like the siding has been torn off and new insulation going up.
roscoe
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 02:26:12 pm »

From what I'm being told is it's going to be a Happy burger out of Sapulpa....

breitee
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:19 am »

I'll bet Wendy's is going to love that!
buck
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 07:18:17 pm »

The Captain D's in Sapulpa has been turned into a Church's Chicken
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 02:36:52 pm »

I was over at Admiral and Sheridan a while ago at the Admiral Tag Agency to get an apportioned tag for one of our big rigs. Shout out to Pat who does an excellent job there.

Well, there's a Captain D's down the street and a Long John Silver's next door. Having been to LJS recently, I tried Capt D's since I recall it was pretty good fast food outfit when I lived in the DFW metroplex many years ago.

What a disappointment.

I'm going back to LJS next time and all the time after that.

breitee
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 03:23:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by buck

The Captain D's in Sapulpa has been turned into a Church's Chicken

No big suprise there. Captain D's SUCKS! It's no wonder they are closing down locations. How many are left? One?
breitee
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 07:55:48 am »

New sign is up at this site. Cruzin' Burger? Anybody have additional information on this one?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org