A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Utica Square Construction (20th and Yorktown)  (Read 4477 times)
TulsaGuy
Activist

« on: October 27, 2022, 08:11:38 am »

Does anyone know what Utica Square is construction on their SE corner?  I'm not talking about the new Bar Serra that just opened.

They just put up a construction fence surrounding the entire corner south of the post office. 
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 09:26:46 am »

I hope it's a CVS!  Grin
TulsaGuy
Activist

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 09:43:26 am »

I've heard one rumor that Olive Garden is relocating over there.  Please tell me it is something better than that
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 09:55:24 am »

Wasn't there a rumor on TulsaNow a few years ago about a FreshMarket going in this spot?
Which seems weird.   The location at 81st & Yale is crickets on the occasions I go in.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 11:27:49 am »

It’s Olive Garden’s new location.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 11:35:54 am »

Olive Garden w.t.f?  People still eat at that place?  If the drive thru bank at 21st & Utica wasn’t bad enough.  Why is Utica Sq building pad sites they should be building multi-story buildings.  Ugh this city can be so frustrating.,.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 11:50:25 am by SXSW » Logged

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 11:51:22 am »

Utica Sq. definitely not capitalizing on their potential. Olive Garden and the bank... just unbelievable bland ideas.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 12:44:57 pm »

Utica Sq. definitely not capitalizing on their potential. Olive Garden and the bank... just unbelievable bland ideas.

To be fair the bank on the corner is not under the Utica Square ownership. But Olive Garden, yeah that's just dumb. They really need to bring in a partner that can help them redevelop the center. It's such a huge wasted opportunity right now.
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 09:20:30 am »

https://tulsaok-energovweb.tylerhost.net/apps/selfservice#/permit/b4019251-07d4-449b-9e6e-9277d55ada20?tab=moreinfo

Not sure if we can share like this. But

IDP Name === Olive Garden at Utica Square
Previous Development Name
Describe Proposed Project === Redevelopment of existing parking area and ATM building to new Olive Garden site
Number of Plan sheets === 1
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 10:38:03 am »

I did see last week where they finally used some of the lawn space that used to be Pettys/Ms Jacksons for their music festival, even if only temporary.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 12:41:56 pm »

At least the current Olive Garden space can be put to better use? I really don't understand the reluctance to include apartments somewhere within the square. It's where we're heading (hopefully) with more mixed use developments in midtown.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 06:03:06 pm »

At least the current Olive Garden space can be put to better use? I really don't understand the reluctance to include apartments somewhere within the square. It's where we're heading (hopefully) with more mixed use developments in midtown.

Asking because it's not my "thing".  Would you want to live there above a business you didn't own?  I can kind of see living above a business I owned like the small business/apartment strip where I grew up.

https://goo.gl/maps/1cF5Zi16v5sBEjETA

The stores are different and I don't know if the business owners are living above.  I haven't been there for a L-O-N-G time.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 06:05:05 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2022, 09:31:37 am »

While I don’t want to see Utica Square turn into Highland Park Village (all upscale retail/restaurants) I also don’t want it to be like the Plaza in KC (mostly chain retail/restaurants).  There currently is a good mix of local and chains and I like how it operates like a mini-downtown for midtown with things like a post office, Walgreens, wine shop, banks, etc. I just want to see more density: for example the 21st & Utica corner should be a multi-story office building.  The H&P site at the NW corner could be a great place for dense residential development and a hotel.  The parking lots along 22nd Place could be residential with shops on the first floor.  There should be a Grocery store again to create a truly walkable neighborhood.

Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2022, 08:26:32 pm »

I hope it's a CVS!  Grin

Verizon?
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2022, 08:34:48 pm »

North of Charlotte, NC is a shopping area called Birkdale Village that is similar to Utica Square but also includes residential.   It is very nice.

https://birkdalevillage.com/about
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org