A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 25, 2022, 01:15:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKPOP Museum new home  (Read 36659 times)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2021, 08:11:41 am »

It does look a lot better now. Still needs the sign and lighting to really make it pop.

dare I say to make it.... OKpop

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2021, 11:27:15 am »

I'm interested to know more about their programming like what they have planned for speakers and conferences besides the permanent exhibits.  Is there a gift shop accessible from Main St?

shavethewhales
Civic Leader

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2022, 04:35:36 pm »

Apparently the construction wrapped up and they are working on the exhibits now. Haven't heard anything about an opening date. They had discussed opening late 2021/early 2022, but I think everything is moving at a glacial pace due to covid. Probably will be a spring opening?
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2022, 01:29:11 pm »

Last I heard is they don't have funding for exhibits - they are trying to get the state to kick in more money to finish out the interior of the museum but it will likely not be open for 12 months or more is my guess. They spent pretty much everything that got allocated on the site/building.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2022, 04:02:06 pm »

Last I heard is they don't have funding for exhibits - they are trying to get the state to kick in more money to finish out the interior of the museum but it will likely not be open for 12 months or more is my guess. They spent pretty much everything that got allocated on the site/building.

Seems like an important part of building a museum is making sure you can actually have a museum..
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2022, 08:35:26 am »

Seems like an important part of building a museum is making sure you can actually have a museum..

details details....
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2022, 01:11:56 pm »

Same approach the FAM (First Americans Museum) in OKC took. Once it's under construction at some point the state is going to kick in more funds to get it finished. They at least finished the building as opposed to FAM that went back for more money multiple times just to finish the structure. I'd expect there to be additional funding requested in the 2022 legislature session, I think all the bills to be considered this year are due here shortly.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2022, 11:35:44 pm »

Same approach the FAM (First Americans Museum) in OKC took. Once it's under construction at some point the state is going to kick in more funds to get it finished. They at least finished the building as opposed to FAM that went back for more money multiple times just to finish the structure. I'd expect there to be additional funding requested in the 2022 legislature session, I think all the bills to be considered this year are due here shortly.

Sounds like the "ask for forgiveness vs. ask for permission" thing.  Whatever....

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org