A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:17:32 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jenks Construction  (Read 34082 times)
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 09:12:39 am »

I have a friend on the planning commission that said he heard they went silent, but I also know there was a lot of disagreement over what Simon was doing in the last city election. There are some pissed off factions on the city council over all this.

There is a big pipeline on the site. I think it feeds the power plant.

Yeah, Enable Midstream has a 22-mile line that runs through that parcel.  And yes it feeds the power plant (from further south though).

mb918
Citizen

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 03:16:46 pm »

Anything new here? The roundabout in the middle of nowhere that takes you to the RiverWalk/Aquarium area is so unnecessary if nothing ever gets built out there.

So dumb.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 04:57:29 pm »

Anything new here? The roundabout in the middle of nowhere that takes you to the RiverWalk/Aquarium area is so unnecessary if nothing ever gets built out there.

So dumb.

Looks like both of the roundabouts are waiting for something.

https://goo.gl/maps/cWLPFyn1S9L2

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 07:31:18 am »

Did I miss something?
What roundabouts are ya'll talking about?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2017, 09:56:46 am »

Did I miss something?
What roundabouts are ya'll talking about?

It's not on Google Maps yet, but there are roundabouts and service roads in Jenks along the turnpike with the new exit at Elm/Peoria with a large cut out for a certain unbuilt outlet mall.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2017, 04:26:08 pm »

It's not on Google Maps yet, but there are roundabouts and service roads in Jenks along the turnpike with the new exit at Elm/Peoria with a large cut out for a certain unbuilt outlet mall.
What are the round things in the satellite view near the aquarium and just south of the turnpike?

I posted this link yesterday.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 05:06:14 pm »

f
What are the round things in the satellite view near the aquarium and just south of the turnpike?

I posted this link yesterday.

I was seriously confused.  For me, this link doesn't show a roundabout.   I even went directly to Google maps and looked without the link.  Still no roundabouts.   Then I checked on Apple Maps on my phone, and finally see a roundabout!  But I still don't see anything South of the turnpike.  The one I see is just to the North.  Is there another one on the South side?  Posting for anyone else that couldn't find it, either.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »

f
I was seriously confused.  For me, this link doesn't show a roundabout.   I even went directly to Google maps and looked without the link.  Still no roundabouts.   Then I checked on Apple Maps on my phone, and finally see a roundabout!  But I still don't see anything South of the turnpike.  The one I see is just to the North.  Is there another one on the South side?  Posting for anyone else that couldn't find it, either.

I don't see them on Google either.

On the Maps app I see them, there's one on each side of the turnpike. The one on the north side is near the Aquarium and the one on the south side is a bit west by the railroad tracks.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2017, 06:18:42 pm »

I don't see them on Google either.

On the Maps app I see them, there's one on each side of the turnpike. The one on the north side is near the Aquarium and the one on the south side is a bit west by the railroad tracks.

They always show up for me.  They don't show on the map view, only the satellite view.  The link should have taken you directly to the satellite view.

I have no explanation.

TeeDub
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 07:25:05 am »

I see them.   Your link works just as advertised.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:16 am »

I see them.   Your link works just as advertised.

Lies!  Screenshot or it didn't happen
rebound
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 08:07:47 am »

Lies!  Screenshot or it didn't happen

Still doesn't work for me.   Just used the link again.  I do get satellite view, but neither of the roundabouts show up.   I know I'm seeing an older version of the satellite view, but don't know why.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 08:12:42 am »

Still doesn't work for me.   Just used the link again.  I do get satellite view, but neither of the roundabouts show up.   I know I'm seeing an older version of the satellite view, but don't know why.

OK,  I opened the link on my phone, and DO see them.   But not on my laptop.   I use Chrome as my default browser, so you'd think it would get the most current view.  I also checked by opening Edge, and it also shows the old views.  Strange.

TeeDub
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 08:27:56 am »

I think I know the problem....   If you have the stupid google 3d on, it uses a different photo timeline.   Turn that crap off and not only does (IMO) the picture look better, but you get more updated results.
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »

Cool, all the google image talk helped.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org