A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:03:07 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jenks Construction  (Read 34101 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 12:20:31 pm »

So is the outlet happening north of the creek by the aquarium or south? If it is south, what are they breaking ground on by the aquarium?

The mall is going in on the south side. The current construction on both sides of the highway is relocating the Elm/Peoria exit and adding service roads on each side of the highway. The service roads will provide access to the mall.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 05:34:50 pm »

The mall is going in on the south side. The current construction on both sides of the highway is relocating the Elm/Peoria exit and adding service roads on each side of the highway. The service roads will provide access to the mall.

So the fresh dirt turning to the north of Aquarium Drive is for the Turnpike project?  I noticed that a week or two back and guessed it was going to be more apartments or retail.

If Simon were really planning on having that open fall of 2017, they should have broken ground already.  Has there been any more word out of Simon on an updated open date?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 06:31:07 pm »

So the fresh dirt turning to the north of Aquarium Drive is for the Turnpike project?  I noticed that a week or two back and guessed it was going to be more apartments or retail.

If Simon were really planning on having that open fall of 2017, they should have broken ground already.  Has there been any more word out of Simon on an updated open date?

I don't think there's anyway for them to start construction until there are roads to the site. There's no access right now.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »

I don't think there's anyway for them to start construction until there are roads to the site. There's no access right now.

With all the "off-road" pick-up trucks in this part of the country, that should not be a problem.

mb918
Citizen

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 02:16:07 pm »

Now some ground is really being broken by that WalMart Neighborhood Market.

Other than the BOK sign I still haven't seen anything mentioning what else is coming in.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 03:28:33 pm »

Now some ground is really being broken by that WalMart Neighborhood Market.

Other than the BOK sign I still haven't seen anything mentioning what else is coming in.
Just utility work at this point.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »

What's the timeline on the outlet mall breaking ground?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 01:04:51 pm »

What's the timeline on the outlet mall breaking ground?

From what I hear Simon won't call the city of Jenks back.
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 01:18:14 pm »

Oh man, that could be bad.

All that reworking of the roads for nothing.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 01:27:37 pm »

Oh man, that could be bad.

All that reworking of the roads for nothing.

It wasn't just for the mall, and the reworking was planned before Simon came along. Traffic on Elm at the Creek was terrible and they still want to develop the land to the south of The Creek.
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 01:34:26 pm »

Yeah, I hear ya. But it had to be a part of it.

johrasephoenix
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 02:28:02 pm »

Yeah, large shopping center construction is on hold across the country. 

Maybe retailers will opt instead for all that cheap unused existing space at 41st & Yale.  Big box apocalypse. 
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 03:01:58 pm »

Yeah, large shopping center construction is on hold across the country. 

Maybe retailers will opt instead for all that cheap unused existing space at 41st & Yale.  Big box apocalypse. 

The word is Bigboxalypse
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 09:12:51 am »

From what I hear Simon won't call the city of Jenks back.

My son-in-law is in construction/development.  Due to a couple of his own projects he’s pretty tight with one of the councilors who says Simon is in regular touch and it will be moving forward “at some point".  Apparently, it’s stalled at the moment while they are trying to figure out how much money or if Jenks will put any money toward moving a natural gas pipeline.  Funny, as this was a similar issue with a pipeline on Turkey Mountain.  Simon’s M.O. is definitely to see how much they can stick it to communities to maximize their own profit er, um minimize how much they have to invest in infrastructure.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 10:45:11 am »

My son-in-law is in construction/development.  Due to a couple of his own projects he’s pretty tight with one of the councilors who says Simon is in regular touch and it will be moving forward “at some point".  Apparently, it’s stalled at the moment while they are trying to figure out how much money or if Jenks will put any money toward moving a natural gas pipeline.  Funny, as this was a similar issue with a pipeline on Turkey Mountain.  Simon’s M.O. is definitely to see how much they can stick it to communities to maximize their own profit er, um minimize how much they have to invest in infrastructure.

I have a friend on the planning commission that said he heard they went silent, but I also know there was a lot of disagreement over what Simon was doing in the last city election. There are some pissed off factions on the city council over all this.

There is a big pipeline on the site. I think it feeds the power plant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org