A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:25 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jenks Construction  (Read 34081 times)
mb918
Citizen

« on: August 03, 2016, 08:50:31 am »

Hello,

I've always lurked this board for great info and it has never failed me. First time to post, so I apologize if the info I am seeking is posted elsewhere and I am missing it for some reason.

Curious about two developments in Jenks:

--The new shopping center on the same corner as the new WalMart Neighborhood Market. Any ideas what all will be there?
--They just broke ground on the southeast corner of 121/Elm in Jenks, as well. No signage yet as to what is coming there.

Thanks.
mb918
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:53:56 am »

Not sure what's going in at 111th and Elm, it's a strip center with a couple of restaurants but I don't know any specifics.

121st and Elm is a Casey's General Store.
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:58:59 am »

Thanks!

Casey's. That's random. Can't say I even knew they were still around.

That'll be an eye sore. Would've liked a QT or something nicer.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:04:02 am by mb918 » Logged
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:21 am »

Not sure what's going in at 111th and Elm, it's a strip center with a couple of restaurants but I don't know any specifics.

121st and Elm is a Casey's General Store.

Interesting. Been wondering why their commercials have popped up on the local television stations lately. I wonder if they are building others around here. I have only stopped at one twice, once in Missouri and once in Illinois and I wasn't impressed.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:42:58 am »

Yeah, Casey's is pretty disappointing. Every one I have ever been to has been crappy, 7-11 crappy, if not worse. Maybe they won't last long, I have no idea why they think they can compete in the Tulsa market. There are two QTs and two Kum and Go stores already within two miles of this location.
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:45:44 am »

And from looking more at their website it looks like they pride themselves on their 'menu', specifically their pizza options.

Unfortunately for them, Gaetano's is right next door and has incredible pizza. And Simple Simon's is just down 121st.

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:01:17 am »

And from looking more at their website it looks like they pride themselves on their 'menu', specifically their pizza options.

Unfortunately for them, Gaetano's is right next door and has incredible pizza. And Simple Simon's is just down 121st.

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

There's one in Skiatook that I was at just last weekend. It's just your normal ugly small town convenience store. Despite being new, it isn't clean and is already starting to look run down.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:15:03 am »

There's one in Skiatook that I was at just last weekend. It's just your normal ugly small town convenience store. Despite being new, it isn't clean and is already starting to look run down.

Sounds like the one I stopped at in Missouri. It even still had the "now open" banner up. I stopped for gas, went in and thought I had walked into a U-Tote-M near the end days of that brand. I ended up walking out without buying anything. Just let the tank finish filling up and left. Stopped down the road a bit and got a drink somewhere else.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:26:33 am by Ibanez » Logged
erfalf
City Father

QT
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 10:32:47 am »

One opened near me in Bartlesville. It's directly across the street from a super small Conoco that was generally 15 cents higher than QT. That came to an end as soon as Casey's opened. They are usually at or below QT. The store here is clean and nice. Prices on everything are good. Pizza is phenomenal. Breakfast sandwiches are much better than QT. Can't really speak to the rest personally, but I hear good things. My only gripe, is the cashiers are the slowest known to man. Rarely is there not a line in there, whereas at QT I rarely have to wait. This one in particular is in a pretty good neighborhood and it's 2 miles from the closest QT. In Bartlesville it is easily second place to QT ahead of all the others.

The reason for the commercials is because they are expanding their footprint further into Northeastern Oklahoma.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:34:38 am by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 12:45:09 pm »

There is a new model Casey's down the road from a project I have going in the KC area and I've got to say it's not terrible and is really pretty good, much different than the old ones...I live around the corner and am glad to see it going in.

As for 111th, only one lot under contract as yet.  It's a quality local driven development in coordination with the subdivision behind it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:46:41 pm by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 02:43:23 pm »

Casey's and OnCue both starting to make moves in the area.  OnCue won't come to Tulsa anytime soon, but they are being very aggressive in the middle of the state.

Casey's due north to the KC, MO, IA corridor have been pretty good for a while.  I would go that way in mid 2000's and there were a couple between here and Wisconsin that were good places to stop for a while.

One on the way to Broken Arrow, too.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:45:16 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 03:12:02 pm »

Hello,

I've always lurked this board for great info and it has never failed me. First time to post, so I apologize if the info I am seeking is posted elsewhere and I am missing it for some reason.

Welcome to the forum.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »

Casey's and OnCue both starting to make moves in the area.  OnCue won't come to Tulsa anytime soon, but they are being very aggressive in the middle of the state.

Casey's due north to the KC, MO, IA corridor have been pretty good for a while.  I would go that way in mid 2000's and there were a couple between here and Wisconsin that were good places to stop for a while.

One on the way to Broken Arrow, too.

I stop at the OnCue in Cleveland by the lake several times each summer, it's not great either, it's about the same as an older Kum and Go.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 04:08:40 pm »

I stop at the OnCue in Cleveland by the lake several times each summer, it's not great either, it's about the same as an older Kum and Go.

Yeah... Cleveland sucks.  Very old store.  Have only driven by once and didn't even bother.  But didn't really want anything either....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
mb918
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 12:12:54 pm »

So is the outlet happening north of the creek by the aquarium or south? If it is south, what are they breaking ground on by the aquarium?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org