A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 04, 2022, 06:50:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 97048 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2022, 07:38:54 am »

I wonder how long the Advanced Auto Parts will last at the SE corner of 11th & Lewis?  New development either completed, under construction or planned on all of the other corners.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2022, 09:31:41 am »

I wonder how long the Advanced Auto Parts will last at the SE corner of 11th & Lewis?  New development either completed, under construction or planned on all of the other corners.

I think they can last as long as they want to. It's not a franchise or anything and I doubt Advanced is going to want to leave O'Reilly and Autozone unopposed in that area. Not sure about KC Motorsports but they own the land so they can sit on it as long as they want to. I do wonder about the various little stores at the Mother Road Shops - they don't have established clientele, are kind of little kitschy stores that aren't draws on their own, and are having to suffer from all the construction. I know one already closed and online it says Gambill's is temporarily closed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 09:42:20 am by tulsabug » Logged
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2022, 10:12:00 am »

I don't want to force anyone out of business, but hopefully KC Motorsports decides to sell. That land could be used in such a better way for the area. There's plenty of space in Tulsa for a used car lot.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2022, 10:22:11 am »

That's a really small lot - what could feasibly go there? After buying the land, tearing down the existing building, and putting something else up it would need to generate some serious revenue to get it's investment of probably $1m-1.5m back. Maybe a very small dispensary (like we need another one of those).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 10:26:11 am by tulsabug » Logged
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2022, 12:46:29 pm »

That's a really small lot - what could feasibly go there? After buying the land, tearing down the existing building, and putting something else up it would need to generate some serious revenue to get it's investment of probably $1m-1.5m back. Maybe a very small dispensary (like we need another one of those).

I assume it would be part of the development of the old building next door and/or combined with a purchase of the Perry's building. Even on its own its not that small a lot. There will be a lot of value there when the construction is done.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2022, 02:18:01 pm »

The Perry’s property already sold to Lobeck. The KC Auto people have so far refused to sell to anyone.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2022, 07:23:11 am »

Looking at the Perry's property - they sold for $225k in Dec and the city has now raised their valuation of the property from $206k to $450k. I'm not sure of the rationalization for that but if I owned the KC property which is valued around $225k at this point I wouldn't sell for less than $500k if not lots lots lots more. Seems like they're holding all the cards right now. Personally if it was me I'd rebuild it as a more modern building and keep selling high-end used cars there like this:
 -

However holdout properties have their own special kind of charm!

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2022, 07:31:44 am »

I was trying to figure that out from the rendering of the intersection.  Odd they didn't show the mixed-use project at the NW corner unless they are waiting to unveil that closer to when it is supposed to break ground later this year.  Wish they could bury the power lines but I know the costs to do that are really high

So driving through this area the other day I noticed the tree addition was eliminating the bike lane entirely - it looked like it was having the bike lane dead-end into a tree and then further down the road the bike lane was magically appearing again but no place specifically for bikes around the intersection other than spilling them into traffic. I guess the rendering shows that too to a degree. Seems like a really poor and dangerous design for a really busy intersection that has become absurdly congested as of late unless I'm missing something.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org