A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:42 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The View by American Residential  (Read 50251 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: July 10, 2015, 01:31:47 pm »

They have additional detail and a graphic up for this project on the American website.

The View will have 5 and 6 story buildings with 200 apartments, ground floor retail and a 5 story parking garage.

http://www.argtulsa.com/pages/current-projects.asp
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »

I think it'd be fine if they got rid of the tower....and made it slightly less identical to their development down the street.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:50:38 pm by ZYX » Logged
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »

I wanted to see more detail so I visited the site and found the original file. You can view the full size (4841x2766) here.

Overall, I like it. I appreciate the differentiation of materials along the ground floor/retail portion, and the step back along the top floor. It helps define the space well. That said, I would lop off the turret on the NW corner of the building. It's an unfortunate distraction from an otherwise nice building. I would also like to see more transparency on the ground floor. The existing windows and doors are a good start, but retail needs more transparency than what's shown. I'm glad to see a more thoughtful development than we're used to around here. With a few tweaks, it could be fantastic. Too bad it seems they're targeting the upper end of the income spectrum, though. We need affordable units downtown.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:39:16 pm »

So the parking garage will be the same height as the building?  Is it "wrapped" or will there be a "backside" of the building that's just parking?
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:58:05 pm »

So the parking garage will be the same height as the building?  Is it "wrapped" or will there be a "backside" of the building that's just parking?

It appears the parking garage is going to be wrapped, based on the above rendering (you can see windows on a far wall in the middle break in the building. A garage with the same number of floors as a building isn't necessarily always the same height as the building.

If there is an exposed back side of this building, it would face the railroad tracks and the gravel lot behind McNellie's and Albert G's.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »

"The View will consist of 200 apartment homes with 130 one-bedrooms ranging from 584 to 777 square feet and 70 two-bedrooms ranging from 951 to 1196 square feet and 13,000 square feet of ground floor retail space."

584 to 777 is pretty small. An 800 something in the Metro is 1245. Hopefully that means the 584 will be somewhere around $1,000--a price point which doesn't really exist in downtown currently.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 03:04:23 pm »

"The View will consist of 200 apartment homes with 130 one-bedrooms ranging from 584 to 777 square feet and 70 two-bedrooms ranging from 951 to 1196 square feet and 13,000 square feet of ground floor retail space."

584 to 777 is pretty small. An 800 something in the Metro is 1245. Hopefully that means the 584 will be somewhere around $1,000--a price point which doesn't really exist in downtown currently.

The Harrington Lofts and Coliseum Apartments are going for well under $1000 a month

http://harringtonloftstulsa.com/floor-plans/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 03:09:46 pm »

The Harrington Lofts and Coliseum Apartments are going for well under $1000 a month

http://harringtonloftstulsa.com/floor-plans/

It’s hard to keep up with all the development.  Where are the Harrington Lofts?

At $500-$600 at the Coliseum, I bet that will fill up fast with aspiring urbanites.

It’s exciting to see non-stop announcements of new development in the IDL.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 03:18:56 pm »

It’s hard to keep up with all the development.  Where are the Harrington Lofts?

At $500-$600 at the Coliseum, I bet that will fill up fast with aspiring urbanites.

It’s exciting to see non-stop announcements of new development in the IDL.

The old Harrington's Department store where you used to buy Boy Scout uniforms way back when. 8th and Main.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 06:47:09 am »

Very nice.  I like the attention to detail on the ground floor, especially around the windows, reminds me very much of some of the classic buildings downtown, and of course like the awnings which will help businesses if and when we get another two months plus of rain.  Though on second look, it appears the awnings are not as far out over the sidewalk / functional as one would hope.  Not really going to help pedestrians.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:52:10 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 07:38:18 am »

This is going to look very nice from the ball park.

It won't be long before every lot in the Brady is spoken for, when that happens developers are going to start looking at the southern part of downtown where there are still lots of surface lots.

Very cool...this town is going to be very different in 2018.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 07:48:48 am »

Well done.  The view of that from the ballpark with the skyline above it will be very nice.  Would be cool, if you lived there, to have ballgame watch parties.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 10:13:08 am »

The old Harrington's Department store where you used to buy Boy Scout uniforms way back when. 8th and Main.

I assumed that was possible, but didn’t want to donkey.U.ME. too much.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 08:15:51 pm »

They also had "Husky" cut clothes for larger boys. I will have that shame for life.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 10:52:12 am »

There's machinery on the lot
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org