A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:09:40 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1551 Cherry St Buildling  (Read 30210 times)
BuiltRight
Citizen

« on: April 27, 2015, 09:24:49 am »

Site work has begun at the former site of the Clear Water Car Wash on 15th street next to Full Moon Cafe. Should be a great project, it will be a two story 22,500 sqft mixed use space with three retail tenant spots on the first floor and a second floor office space. It will be a full brick building with some nice modern touches.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:18 am »

Related Topic: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20497.0
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:43:22 pm »

Site work has begun at the former site of the Clear Water Car Wash on 15th street next to Full Moon Cafe. Should be a great project, it will be a two story 22,500 sqft mixed use space with three retail tenant spots on the first floor and a second floor office space. It will be a full brick building with some nice modern touches.

Do we know what the retail tenants will be yet?  A Mexican restaurant has been the rumor but I've also heard brewpub.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:37:24 pm »

We went to Tucci's last week - fought the traffic and the traffic won!!  It's really good that there are areas like that in town.  Shame the city doesn't have enough foresight to think about traffic flow.  And dare I even mention the word..??   Parking.

It's are real live cluster.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 03:14:11 pm »

We went to Tucci's last week - fought the traffic and the traffic won!!  It's really good that there are areas like that in town.  Shame the city doesn't have enough foresight to think about traffic flow.  And dare I even mention the word..??   Parking.

Uber

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:30:37 pm »

Old people don't know what Uber is and/or don't trust it.  They still want to drive and park.  Some of the business owners care about walkability but also know that parking is something they need to consider for business reasons.  The first step, however, is doing away with parking requirements.  I never understood why the government cares how many parking spots a business has.  It should be up to the business owner to make that decision.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »

Do we know what the retail tenants will be yet?  A Mexican restaurant has been the rumor but I've also heard brewpub.

Bar...Restauraunt..Medical offices up stairs.....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 03:50:02 pm »

You are full of smile as a Christmas goose.....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 06:00:20 pm »

You are full of smile as a Christmas goose.....

Been checking out the dingleberries again, I hear....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 06:04:15 pm »

Uber

Gonna wait a while on that until the kinks are worked out.  Like background checks.  And a little bit more than just a regular drivers license for the cabbies.  Auto inspection/maintenance requirements.   Even Oklahoma requires at least a day's training for concealed carry.  Don't really trust amateur drivers all that much.  They may be busy with their dingleberries....

Oh, as far as Tucci's - well the traffic only partially won.  I got a place right around the corner - maybe 200 feet from the front door.  Sat on the porch and had a wonderful dinner!!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:06:24 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 06:22:49 am »

Gonna wait a while on that until the kinks are worked out.  Like background checks.  And a little bit more than just a regular drivers license for the cabbies.  Auto inspection/maintenance requirements.   Even Oklahoma requires at least a day's training for concealed carry.  Don't really trust amateur drivers all that much.  They may be busy with their dingleberries....

Oh, as far as Tucci's - well the traffic only partially won.  I got a place right around the corner - maybe 200 feet from the front door.  Sat on the porch and had a wonderful dinner!!

It's Uber easy. Never had a problem.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:58 am »

The first step, however, is doing away with parking requirements.  I never understood why the government cares how many parking spots a business has.  It should be up to the business owner to make that decision.

Exactly! If we are truly interested in private property rights around here, why do we keep imposing ridiculous, arbitrary, unfunded, expensive mandates?

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:06 am »

Been checking out the dingleberries again, I hear....

Yes...You.....

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 08:54:07 am »

Exactly! If we are truly interested in private property rights around here, why do we keep imposing ridiculous, arbitrary, unfunded, expensive mandates?

Because we are human. Without those rules..er ridiculous, arbitrary, unfunded mandates... people abuse the available parking. They start parking in front of other businesses, neighborhood homes and driveways and jumping curbs to park on easements. You may be too young to remember Fair parking or have never lived near a night club.

The city and these requirements can be your only protection against unscrupulous businesses that won't even provide parking for their employees.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 09:04:12 am »

Yes...You.....

So...again...for the second time.  You admit publicly to having your head up someone's backside...or at least attempting to, checking out stuff that really shouldn't be checked on by a second party.  Really need to get a life.  Perhaps it's all the yeast fumes... I have heard that in concentrated form, the end result is much like mercury exposure.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org