A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:41:02 pm
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076848 times)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #2010 on: September 02, 2022, 09:18:06 am »

A couple positive developments for Cheyenne between the tracks and Archer

36 Degrees North to expand renovating the OTASCO warehouse at 12 N Cheyenne.  

I see Marty McFly is working on a start-up.

I am glad to see the building getting a new life that isn't a warehouse.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #2011 on: September 02, 2022, 09:48:49 am »

I have always liked this building.  So happy this is happening.  Plus, it seems it will open some nice space for others to move into when they consolidate into this one building.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2012 on: September 02, 2022, 09:49:37 am »

Excited by this announcement, it's much needed for them to expand their original space has been well over capacity for a while. This is a perfect fit for that building too, it's one of the cooler warehouse spaces left that was under utilized.

I hope they turn the space they're in now into a retail related use. I'm curious what will happen to the incubator space in City Hall since they're saying they are consolidating everything, but it's at 90% capacity - why not keep that space and just have room for growth. By the time they finish this they might be needed anyways as quickly as they were able to fill that. I think it's a full floor so they've occupied over 30k square feet with various start ups in about a year and a half.

Or I'd really love to see the space in City Hall to transition to an established company regional office hub. Go out to companies like Google or other established firms and say we'll give you an 'office' here and hire a HR/recruiter and see if you're able to bring talent here and then once they hit a certain threshold of employees they can move out into a permanent office space. That seems to be a lot of companies biggest fears is they can't hire talent or convince talent to move here and so they can't justify the investment to open an office but if we can remove that barrier with little risk to them by having a space set up and would require little upfront investment it could really be beneficial. Tulsa is a perfect location for being a regional office hub for remote workers. Say if Google had a small office here it could be a common meeting space for employees even from OKC, NWA or other areas as well. Heck, it's faster to drive from NWA to downtown Tulsa than it would be for a remote worker that might live in McKinney to get to downtown Dallas with traffic.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #2013 on: September 02, 2022, 02:57:09 pm »

112,000 sq feet... that's quite the space! This is one of the best things Tulsa has going. I've met so many people who have moved here from all over the place. The tech talent is starting to build slowly. With Holberton and the VR places across the street, this will be a nice little tech/remote work hub.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2014 on: September 03, 2022, 08:44:42 am »

Looks cold, and un-inviting.   Maybe its the light...
/s

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2015 on: September 03, 2022, 10:21:20 pm »

36 Degrees North to expand renovating the OTASCO warehouse at 12 N Cheyenne. 

Maybe it's my age showing but it looks kind of sterile to me. 

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #2016 on: September 14, 2022, 03:52:14 pm »

Is that a street car in the covered 1st floor area?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2017 on: September 14, 2022, 04:16:05 pm »

Which picture?

Never mind, I see it now. 

Looks like a rail car but maybe not a street car since there is no operator station apparent on the end and no windows for the operator to be inside.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 08:23:27 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2018 on: September 14, 2022, 04:23:15 pm »

Looks like it.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2019 on: September 14, 2022, 09:33:57 pm »

Looks a lot like an old passenger rail car..

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2020 on: September 15, 2022, 08:37:36 am »

Couple of things have been happening on 1st Street.

The building next to Albert G's has some construction stuff next to it in the parking lot and work appears to be resuming on some sort of possible refurbishment? The inside is full of stuff if you peer through the windows, so I'm not sure if it's still just being used as storage or for a business or what. They may just be doing maintenance to keep the place from falling down, but it's interesting to see activity in what should be a high value location.

On the other side of that gravel lot, a skip has shown up at 1st and greenwood and they may be cleaning that place out? Hard to tell what is going on and doesn't look very active, but someone is doing something on yet another high value lot.

With Santa Fe Square getting closer to fruition you have to wonder if these owners are finally looking to do something with these properties. Everything has filled in around them and they are some of the last vacant properties in the area. That brown building at 1st and Elgin is the other big opportunity, but no signs of life there yet.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2021 on: September 15, 2022, 09:51:24 am »

Couple of things have been happening on 1st Street.

The building next to Albert G's has some construction stuff next to it in the parking lot and work appears to be resuming on some sort of possible refurbishment? The inside is full of stuff if you peer through the windows, so I'm not sure if it's still just being used as storage or for a business or what. They may just be doing maintenance to keep the place from falling down, but it's interesting to see activity in what should be a high value location.

On the other side of that gravel lot, a skip has shown up at 1st and greenwood and they may be cleaning that place out? Hard to tell what is going on and doesn't look very active, but someone is doing something on yet another high value lot.

With Santa Fe Square getting closer to fruition you have to wonder if these owners are finally looking to do something with these properties. Everything has filled in around them and they are some of the last vacant properties in the area. That brown building at 1st and Elgin is the other big opportunity, but no signs of life there yet.

If I'm thinking correct, I believe the buildings you're talking about Elliot owns all of those as well. Which is why I've always thought it was super odd they didn't do retail along 1st Street or at least make the units on the street-level work/live type spaces because you are somewhat killing pedestrian activity along 1st with a passive street front on the north.

It's possible that area is being used for staging for the Santa Fe Square apartments given there's limited room on the site for materials, etc. and since Elliot owns those lots that would be a logical space for it. I'm hopeful he has a plan for that entire block on the north side of 1st Street and those buildings don't stay vacant for much longer.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2022 on: September 20, 2022, 10:16:09 am »

Flats on Archer recently sold - new highest per unit record in Oklahoma for that type of multifamily at a little over $280,000 per unit
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2023 on: October 13, 2022, 11:46:27 am »

Looks a lot like an old passenger rail car..

This is what the Pullmans should have looked like...  This is The Travel Trailer!  By definition!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41925/incredible-1950-westcraft-camper-trailer-puts-your-airstream-to-shame

And here are some more examples, and a little information about the company.

https://tincantourists.com/wiki/westcraft/

And the company George started is still in business...just not making trailers any more.  That's a shame!

https://www.georgethall.com/about-us/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2024 on: October 18, 2022, 04:21:14 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/cabin-boys-to-open-brewpub-downtown/article_a3cd21a4-4cb0-11ed-8b24-e79fc302805e.html#tracking-source=article-related-bottom

Prairie isn't coming back unfortunately, but the old space will be a brewpub once more. Cabin Boys has definitely become the premiere Tulsa brewery. I believe they also have a location opening up in Claremore.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org