A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:31:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1076581 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #720 on: August 06, 2016, 11:49:57 am »

That's been tossed around for seven years. After that much time I have a hard time believing it will ever be built.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13508.0

You don't think the demographics in downtown have changed in 7 years....Huh

davideinstein
« Reply #721 on: August 06, 2016, 12:07:28 pm »

On the downside in some districts.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #722 on: August 06, 2016, 12:18:39 pm »

On the downside in some districts.

Lol...Right...

davideinstein
« Reply #723 on: August 06, 2016, 12:33:50 pm »

Lol...Right...

I'm serious. Energy prices have trickled down to retail/service.
davideinstein
« Reply #724 on: August 06, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »

Brady being the exception to the rule.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #725 on: August 06, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »

I'm sure they've changed and some of it's positive, but this has been discussed to the point that the bones from the dead horse are now fertilizer. Not saying that something like Alamo or the one in Moore won't happen, it just seems like there is a lot of reaching with nothing happening. As for selling low point beer at a theater, the old Williams Center Theater did that back in the early 80's when they had the Three Stooges film festival, the Beatles festival and the showing of the movie FM.
davideinstein
« Reply #726 on: August 06, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »

New development: Pokestops

Awesome for downtown.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #727 on: August 08, 2016, 07:41:19 am »

No retail license or permit to sell low-point beer shall be issued for any establishment that functions as a motion picture theater. If an establishment, which has functioned for some other purpose, has been licensed to sell such beverages and subsequently is operated as a motion picture theater, the license or permit shall be revoked.
37 OS 163.25
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?id=78022&hits=329+234+208+124+95+49+23+

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
saintnicster
« Reply #728 on: August 08, 2016, 08:39:09 am »

How do the Warren Theatres get around this?  No low point, just the high stuff? Smiley
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #729 on: August 08, 2016, 08:53:58 am »

37 OS 506

23. "Motion picture theater" means a place where motion pictures are exhibited and to which the general public is admitted, but does not include a place where meals, as defined by this section, are served, if only persons over twenty-one (21) years of age are admitted;

They serve food and restrict the top level to 21 and up.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #730 on: August 08, 2016, 09:23:57 am »

37 OS 506

They serve food and restrict the top level to 21 and up.

What about Circle Cinema?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #731 on: August 08, 2016, 12:27:00 pm »

To the best of my knowledge they do not hold an OTC or ABLE license. If someone else is using the space as a venue, they could serve alcohol under their license (art opening, private party, etc.). But as far as I am aware, a license could not be issued to the theater unless it met the above exception.

Unless you are talking about the $2 TU student nights. I'm not entirely sure the alcohol being consumed is sanctioned. Or, well, a lot of other nights too probably...  Wink

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #732 on: August 08, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »

Stupid law.

Grabbing beers with a movie at the Alamo Drathouse when I lived in Austin was incredible.  Can do the same thing at the Somerville Theater in Boston.  

Amazing movie-going-experience enhancer.  Especially if you're watching a crap movie like Battleship.

I do wonder who wrote these stupid nanny state liquor laws.  And how did Texas, which is just as conservative as OK, and Massachusettes, which has Puritan inspired booze regulations, mange to get rid of them?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:46:34 pm by johrasephoenix » Logged
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #733 on: August 08, 2016, 03:33:49 pm »

Stupid law.

Grabbing beers with a movie at the Alamo Drathouse when I lived in Austin was incredible.  Can do the same thing at the Somerville Theater in Boston.  

Amazing movie-going-experience enhancer.  Especially if you're watching a crap movie like Battleship.

I do wonder who wrote these stupid nanny state liquor laws.  And how did Texas, which is just as conservative as OK, and Massachusettes, which has Puritan inspired booze regulations, mange to get rid of them?

Texas is more open minded and forward thinking. They understood attracting businesses on a national and global scale while Oral Roberts was doing tent revivals.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #734 on: August 08, 2016, 06:11:27 pm »

Stupid law.

I believe it was 1985 when Texas got a bit more restrictive with their alcohol laws due to Federal mandates directed at curbing drunk driving crashes.  Up to that time, IIRC, drinking age was 19 and open container in a vehicle was legal.  They also had (and may still have) drive through liquor stores at that time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org