A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:05:55 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macy's to Open Distribution Center - 1,500 jobs  (Read 82800 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »

The new DISTRIBUTION CENTER Macy's is opening WILL NOT have a retail storefront for LOCAL customers to visit and buy from.  It will employ thousands of people to ship product to other cities and states, unless a LOCAL person were to buy an item from the Macy's website or catalog.  It is a NON-RETAIL STOREFRONT for a RETAIL ENTITY.  A Costco store is a RETAIL STOREFRONT for a RETAIL ENTITY.  Big difference!

I'm now convinced we are all being trolled.

Where is the the trolling?   There is some inability to discern, or possibly accept, the difference between store impact and DC impact, but I don't see any real trolling.   But maybe I'm just a nice guy  Smiley

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2014, 12:57:56 pm »

Agreed.  Heir enjoys being a crank.  Either that or he needs ritalin...stat.

I think rdj needs to focus...couldn't tell if he was responding to me, rebound or you... 

Costco can be a retail store and still have a lot of characteristics of a DC.  And can (and do) Sam's Club and even WalMart supercenters.  Probably the biggest visible way is response to online order fulfillment - which is done from a formal DC or from the retail location as a "you pick it up" at the store event.

Fewer differences every day.....actually, it may be more accurate to say there is more blurring of the lines between them everyday.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:46 pm »

Still...she hasn't brought anyone to Oklahoma.  In fact, her policies are actively discouraging companies from coming here.  Especially the ones that have insurance of any/all kinds.  And the lower the paycheck, the better for her!

Mary Fallin fought off 3 or 4 other states who wanted to get Macys to go to their state. Then after she captured Macys for Oklahoma   she sat down with  Macys top dogs and CEO's and hammered out a deal. It was all over the news last year. Mary Fallin and  some other leaders worked out the game plan. Macys is not the only company the Governor brought to Oklahoma or Tulsa, in 2011 the Governor pulled in 500 jobs for Tulsa. The fact that Macys is here will force other area companies to raise their  wages to keep their workers from quitting and going to work at Macys. This is a very good thing. I am convinced that if Mary Fallin  lost the election and the democrat  became governor instead we would not have got in any new companies in Oklahoma, unemployment would still be 7 or 8% in Tulsa and Oklahoma. Governor Henry didn't do nothing for Oklahoma, companies were fleeing for Texas and they took their jobs along with them.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »

Mary Fallin fought off 3 or 4 other states who wanted to get Macys to go to their state. Then after she captured Macys for Oklahoma   she sat down with  Macys top dogs and CEO's and hammered out a deal. It was all over the news last year. Mary Fallin and  some other leaders worked out the game plan. Macys is not the only company the Governor brought to Oklahoma or Tulsa, in 2011 the Governor pulled in 500 jobs for Tulsa. The fact that Macys is here will force other area companies to raise their  wages to keep their workers from quitting and going to work at Macys. This is a very good thing. I am convinced that if Mary Fallin  lost the election and the democrat  became governor instead we would not have got in any new companies in Oklahoma, unemployment would still be 7 or 8% in Tulsa and Oklahoma. Governor Henry didn't do nothing for Oklahoma, companies were fleeing for Texas and they took their jobs along with them.

Source for that?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »

Are you secretly Mary Fallin?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »

Mary Fallin fought off 3 or 4 other states who wanted to get Macys to go to their state. Then after she captured Macys for Oklahoma   she sat down with  Macys top dogs and CEO's and hammered out a deal. It was all over the news last year.

The official press release never mentioned any actual meeting with the Governor. It says, The project represents a collaborative effort among partners that include the state of Oklahoma, the Tulsa Regional Chamber, the city of Owasso, the Owasso Land Trust, the Cherokee Nation, the Indian Nations Council of Governments and Tulsa Technology Center.

I was at the announcement and it appeared to me that the Macy's people met the governor for the first time. I am not saying that she shouldn't get some credit, but for you to act like she did this deal all by herself is a lie.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2014, 02:28:30 pm »

The official press release never mentioned any actual meeting with the Governor. It says, The project represents a collaborative effort among partners that include the state of Oklahoma, the Tulsa Regional Chamber, the city of Owasso, the Owasso Land Trust, the Cherokee Nation, the Indian Nations Council of Governments and Tulsa Technology Center.

I was at the announcement and it appeared to me that the Macy's people met the governor for the first time. I am not saying that she shouldn't get some credit, but for you to act like she did this deal all by herself is a lie.

Yeah, almost as if she got on her knees and...

Nevermind.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2014, 03:08:51 pm »

Yeah, almost as if she got on her knees and...

Nevermind.

Nah, the subject in question wasn't wearing a Trooper's hat.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »

Mary Fallin fought off 3 or 4 other states ...

Damn, Corkie, did you develop this crush years ago or recently?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2014, 04:31:24 pm »

Are you secretly Mary Fallin?

That's what I said the other day!!  How else could there be so much ignorant BS concentrated in one place!!?Huh

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2014, 08:57:58 pm »

Nah, the subject in question wasn't wearing a Trooper's hat.

Never know, she might keep one in her brief case to satisfy an old fetish.  “Here, try this on for, um, size...”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2014, 09:38:45 am »

The governor pretty much hammered out the deal, it was also her pro-business attitudes and pro- tax cuts that attract business to Oklahoma in the first place. Let's face it do you really think if Governor Henry was still in office  we would of got Macys for Oklahoma? With Henry companies were moving to Texas -remember 2007? Without Governor Fallin and her pro-business administration Macys would be  building that new warehouse  in some other state right now, and Macys is not the only jobs or  companies  that came to Oklahoma or Tulsa in the past few years. Tulsa currently has full employment anyone in Tulsa who really wants a job can find one here. The unemployment rate is something like 3.5%. The economy is humming along. I give the governor credit for that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:42:24 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

The governor pretty much hammered out the deal, it was also her pro-business attitudes and pro- tax cuts that attract business to Oklahoma in the first place. Let's face it do you really think if Governor Henry was still in office  we would of got Macys for Oklahoma? With Henry companies were moving to Texas -remember 2007? Without Governor Fallin and her pro-business administration Macys would be  building that new warehouse  in some other state right now, and Macys is not the only jobs or  companies  that came to Oklahoma or Tulsa in the past few years. Tulsa currently has full employment anyone in Tulsa who really wants a job can find one here. The unemployment rate is something like 3.5%. The economy is humming along. I give the governor credit for that.

Your acknowledgment of Henry stops at the “D” after his name.  Central Oklahoma Democrats would qualify as deeply conservative by any definition.  Most are generally fairly religious, pro life, pro gun, and fiscally conservative.  Henry signed the largest tax relief package in Oklahoma history in 2006 to the tune of $627 million.  That was a year after he signed another cut of $150 million.  Then house speaker Republican Todd Hiett called it “the most significant set of pro-growth policies ever passed in Oklahoma"

Under the tax relief package, the top income tax rate will drop from 6.25 percent to 5.5 percent over the next three years and to 5.25 percent in the fourth year if the economy continues to grow.

The measure also eliminates the estate tax over the next three years and raises the standard deduction to the federal level over four years, eliminating income taxes for 45,000 families that do not itemize deductions.

Henry said the tax cut will mean Oklahoma families will "have more of their hard-earned dollars for savings and investment."

House Speaker Todd Hiett, R-Kellyville, called the budget and tax cuts the most significant set of pro-growth policies ever passed in Oklahoma.

"With billions of dollars in tax relief for working Oklahomans now set in law, our state's economy is on the move, and working families will be better off," Hiett said.  http://newsok.com/henry-signs-627-million-tax-cut-bill/article/1880465

He also ushered in Worker’s Comp reform, an issue which was needed to help Oklahoma be more attractive to new employers.

http://newsok.com/henry-signs-workers-compensation-reform-measures/article/3468146

Here’s your other problem, your claims about Fallin’s job creation are complete falsehoods compared to the years under Henry.  Keep in mind, Henry also came into office at the tail end of a recession.  Oklahoma has long had the benefit over competing states due to our part in the energy industry.   Fallin's private sector growth doesn’t touch Henry’s.  Only once, during her tenure, have more than 80,000 new jobs been created.   Six out of eight years of Henry’s tenure, new private sector jobs was greater than 80,000 and approached 90,000 some years.  You do know how to read a graph, don’t you?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:05:26 pm by Conan71 » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »

Ok, Mary....whatever alcohol induced delusion you want to nurse.....enjoy!   Just stay off the roads!!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

Macy's Warehouse Opens Tomorrow

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/macys-warehouse-opens-tomorrow

Ribbons will be cut tomorrow morning. Macy's will formally dedicate its new 'Fulfillment Center'. That is a fancy term for distribution warehouse.  The company will use the facility to fill on-line orders.

The massive facility is near the Cherokee Industrial Park, between Turley and Owasso on 76th Street North.

The plant will eventually employ 1,500 year-round workers. Another 1,000 will be brought on part-time as seasonal help at the holidays.

The plant should have about 1,200 people working by this coming Christmas season.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org