A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:15:49 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kansas City Smokehouse Bar B Que  (Read 12839 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: October 05, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »

Nice....good finish out. Open bar...lots of tv's...Marshalls.

Good bbq! Really good. And their menu is deep and wide. Sauces were tasty except one that tasted like that vinegar Memphis stuff.

Sides were all good.

Really good service.

I will go back there!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:57:27 pm »

Good bbq! Really good. And their menu is deep and wide. Sauces were tasty except one that tasted like that vinegar Memphis stuff.

Sides were all good.

Really good service.

I will go back there!

Do tell where, I love a good que.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 06:00:18 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?KC_Smokehouse_BarBQue_opens_in_south_Tulsa/21-17220

KC Smokehouse Bar-B-Que opens in south TulsaPublished: 10/4/2012

KC Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, one of Kansas City’s best-known barbecue restaurants, has opened at 7020 S. Memorial Drive.

Family owned Smokehouse Bar-B-Que opened 25 years ago in Gladstone, Mo. The Tulsa restaurant will be its fifth store and its first outside the Kansas City area. While virtually all Tulsa-area barbecue places offer only pork ribs, Smokehouse Bar-B-Que has both pork and Angus beef ribs. Ribs also are offered in a variety of styles -– spare ribs, short end, long end, baby back, short ribs, back ribs and burnt ends.

Smokehouse Bar-B-Que also offers a line of chicken dishes, steaks, pork chops, catfish, pulled pork, sandwiches, salads and seafood. Among its popular side items are cheesy corn, creamy coleslaw, hickory pit beans and sweet potato fries.

The restaurant is on the west side of Memorial Drive in space that formerly held FireRock Grill & Bar.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:01:56 pm »

Drove by yesterday. Will eat there on Monday.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:00 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?KC_Smokehouse_BarBQue_opens_in_south_Tulsa/21-17220

KC Smokehouse Bar-B-Que opens in south TulsaPublished: 10/4/2012

KC Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, one of Kansas City’s best-known barbecue restaurants, has opened at 7020 S. Memorial Drive.

Family owned Smokehouse Bar-B-Que opened 25 years ago in Gladstone, Mo. The Tulsa restaurant will be its fifth store and its first outside the Kansas City area. While virtually all Tulsa-area barbecue places offer only pork ribs, Smokehouse Bar-B-Que has both pork and Angus beef ribs. Ribs also are offered in a variety of styles -– spare ribs, short end, long end, baby back, short ribs, back ribs and burnt ends.

Smokehouse Bar-B-Que also offers a line of chicken dishes, steaks, pork chops, catfish, pulled pork, sandwiches, salads and seafood. Among its popular side items are cheesy corn, creamy coleslaw, hickory pit beans and sweet potato fries.

The restaurant is on the west side of Memorial Drive in space that formerly held FireRock Grill & Bar.

Mmm....burnt ends.  A KC specialty.  AB's does burnts ends like no one I've ever had (that's Arthur Bryant's).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

Mmm....burnt ends. 

I guess I'm just not with it.  I think charcoal is for cooking fuel, not eating.  Same thing with "blackened" anything.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 10:03:48 am »

So Fire Rock turned into a lump of FAIL, eh?

How long did that take?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 10:12:58 pm »

I guess I'm just not with it.  I think charcoal is for cooking fuel, not eating.  Same thing with "blackened" anything.

Try it.  I think you would like them.  Very nice if done right.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 07:28:51 pm »

Had dinner there tonight and was very happy.  Had the burnt ends platter
And the cheesey corn was pretty good.  The service was also very good.  I will definitly go
Back.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 08:00:23 pm »

So Fire Rock turned into a lump of FAIL, eh?

How long did that take?

About 6 months I think.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:20 am »

Sides were all good.

Really good service.

I will go back there!

Let me guess that this restaurant graveyard of a building is one of your outstanding developments.....

Anything that you weren't involved with you would be crying about fat people stuffing their faces and drunks so it HAS to be yours.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:43 am »

Let me guess that this restaurant graveyard of a building is one of your outstanding developments.....

Anything that you weren't involved with you would be crying about fat people stuffing their faces and drunks so it HAS to be yours.

Oh SNAP!
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 10:57:49 am »

Crackle and pop....I have no vested interest in this...they will probably open a second location 4 miles south on Memorial which is the new mega center retail corridor.

Those other bbq haunts don't match the clean and sports oriented KC. Just pointing out that ambiance and cleanliness makes a difference to some of us.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 10:58:54 am »

Just pointing out that ambiance and cleanliness makes a difference to some of us.

As does location.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 11:02:39 am »

As does location.

Yes, that too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org