A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:25:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ward - Brady Arts District  (Read 5676 times)
TheLofts@120
Activist

« on: July 30, 2012, 06:12:21 pm »

The old Ward building in the Brady Arts District, located at 107 N Boulder Avenue, is returning to life as The Ward in Brady.  With construction conducted by 120 Development Group, LLC, we are nearing completion of a $650,000 renovation that will see the building listed on the national register of historic places.  With this, comes almost 14,000sf of new retail,entertainment & restaurant space.  

Along with the building renovations, the alley has undergone extensive renovation to create an outdoor patio area and pedestrian path.  The interior retains the exposed ceilings and steel trusses, reminiscient of it's use as an industrial building long ago.  

So far, 50% of The Ward in Brady is under lease with Bar 46, a vodka/tequila bar, set to open in the coming weeks on the Northwest corner.  The Northeast corner is under lease to be home to Vinyl, an upscale restaurant with live music stage.

The South half of the building is available and we have recently completed renovations to that space, including the installation of two new, large glass overhead doors to create and indoor/outdoor experience along Boulder.  The anticipated return of the Boulder Bridge will make this a very attractive venue.

The entire building has received a great face lift, adding to the growing Brady Arts & Entertainment district.

I'll be posting pics as we finish up over the coming week.

If anyone is interested in The Ward in Brady, feel free to contact me.

Will
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:51:10 pm by TheLofts@120 » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:01 pm »

I noticed the renovations a couple of weeks ago. Looks really nice. Makes the park next door seem less out of place.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 07:21:41 pm »

Now if only Borden 's truck lot wasn't across the street.... Undecided

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »

Thanks Scott.  We are working with TDA, Land Legacy and City of Tulsa to begin cleaning up the park as well, making it more pedestrian friendly and inviting.  Together, I think these will be a great welcome point to visitors walking over the Boulder bridge.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:16 pm »

Now if only Borden 's truck lot wasn't across the street.... Undecided

I think that lot's days are numbered. A giant lot in the middle of all of this retail will become too attractive to last as a lot very long.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:49:53 pm by carltonplace » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »

I think that lot's days are numbered. A giant lot in the middle of all of this retail will become to attractive to last as a lot very long.

I'd imagine American Parking is making all sorts of calls.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

I'd imagine American Parking is making all sorts of calls.

I'm more hopeful that this will be developed. Optimally with mixed use residential.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 02:59:53 pm »

I'm more hopeful that this will be developed. Optimally with mixed use residential.

I'm with you.

I'm just throwing out the possibility of the sickness.  Planting the seed in case someone reads this who has the power to stop such nonsense...cough cough.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 10:42:33 am »

What is the street parking situation on Boulder in front of the building and along Boulder?  Will it stay angle parking?  What about the loading zone sign and will parking be allowed in front of the doors?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 02:20:51 pm »

The plan is for angled parking to remain on both side of Boulder and have parking directly in front of the building.  Boulder between Archer and Cameron has been designated 2 hour parking M-F from 8-6.  The City of Tulsa is working to finish the Boulder Street bridge and part of that work will be to re-pave the entire intersection and running a distance along all streets.  Based on progress, we will work with COT to makes sure spaces are adequately identified along Boulder.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 08:12:31 am »

The plan is for angled parking to remain on both side of Boulder and have parking directly in front of the building.  Boulder between Archer and Cameron has been designated 2 hour parking M-F from 8-6.  The City of Tulsa is working to finish the Boulder Street bridge and part of that work will be to re-pave the entire intersection and running a distance along all streets.  Based on progress, we will work with COT to makes sure spaces are adequately identified along Boulder.

Two hour with a meter?

Why 6pm when the rest of downtown is 5pm?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org