A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:22:22 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Hotels  (Read 23825 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »

Yes, but I'm pretty certain it's not necessary to sit down on a bedspread with 150 or so different "DNA samples".  Ghack!  That's why it's the first thing to hit the floor when I check into a room.

and the remote.  Need to ask the desk for rubber gloves or some grabbing sticks. 

"Why do the glasses in the bathroom smell like lemon pledge?"
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 02:40:55 pm »

That's why it's the first thing to hit the floor when I check into a room.

That might be effective for you if you were the only one to do that.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 03:18:31 pm »

So have we all concluded that public spaces are not sanitary? ...perfect!
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »

Yes, but I'm pretty certain it's not necessary to sit down on a bedspread with 150 or so different "DNA samples".  Ghack!  That's why it's the first thing to hit the floor when I check into a room.

I have heard that hotel rooms can cause pregnancy.  Can't wait until that Springer episode.

"It's not your baby!  I got it from the bedspred!"

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 07:54:55 pm »

That might be effective for you if you were the only one to do that.
The thing with the bed spread is that because they are so bulky and they go over the sheets that people are supposed to be sleeping between, they don't get washed as often as they should (you know, like between every check-in).  The sheets tend to get replaced between every check in (if it's a decent hotel).  So yeah, I do the whole yank the bedspread off too.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2013, 08:20:11 pm »

The thing with the bed spread is that because they are so bulky and they go over the sheets that people are supposed to be sleeping between, they don't get washed as often as they should (you know, like between every check-in).  The sheets tend to get replaced between every check in (if it's a decent hotel).  So yeah, I do the whole yank the bedspread off too.

I like to think that the sheets are changed every day.

I can't help but remember the episode of Monk (TV show) where he was shown the abundant amount of DNA all over the room and he had it cleaned to be spotless.  The plot was actually about the maids murdering one of their own.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2013, 12:43:14 am »

I can't help but remember the episode of Monk (TV show) where he was shown the abundant amount of DNA all over the room and he had it cleaned to be spotless.  The plot was actually about the maids murdering one of their own.
My wife, who has worked in the industry for years, says that they are supposed to change sheets between check-ins, and bed spreads every couple of weeks.  But then again, that depends on the hotel on if that is really done or not. 

I think of that episode almost every time I stay in a hotel, and then become very thankful I don't have one of those lights.
dbacks fan
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2013, 05:00:38 am »

Guess that I'm not as paranoid or germophobic, or that the places I stay in, I have only had two bad experiences. One was a room booked by an employer where I was bitten by a spider, the other was a recommendation by my ex sister-in-law. So two in 40 some years is a good average.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2013, 07:52:44 am »

Guess that I'm not as paranoid or germophobic, or that the places I stay in, I have only had two bad experiences. One was a room booked by an employer where I was bitten by a spider, the other was a recommendation by my ex sister-in-law. So two in 40 some years is a good average.

ex sister-in-law.  Any significance regarding the motel?  Or maybe we don't want to know.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2013, 09:41:40 am »

I can't help but remember the episode of Monk (TV show) where he was shown the abundant amount of DNA all over the room and he had it cleaned to be spotless.  The plot was actually about the maids murdering one of their own.

I mark the sheets every time.  And I can guarantee you that they do not.  Based on literally thousands of hotel stays over the last 40 years.  As I mentioned, the Hyatt's even try to suck you into their little game by asking if you would like to help them conserve energy and water.  And you get to do that, no matter what you answer....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2013, 10:27:11 am »

I've noticed a lot of hotels no longer put a bed spead on the bed.  Of course, there are still those blankets....
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:40 am »

I hadn't put too much thought into that but when was the last time you saw bedspreads stacked on the maids cart?

BRB, gotta puke.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:31 am »

Have you looked at yourself under a black light lately?  Grin

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 10:45:20 am »

I mark the sheets every time.  And I can guarantee you that they do not.  Based on literally thousands of hotel stays over the last 40 years.  As I mentioned, the Hyatt's even try to suck you into their little game by asking if you would like to help them conserve energy and water.  And you get to do that, no matter what you answer....

How do you mark them?HuhHuhEmbarrassed

dbacks fan
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 11:58:05 am »

ex sister-in-law.  Any significance regarding the motel?  Or maybe we don't want to know.

Not really. She said it was a great place. Well I threw away three pairs of socks that were white when I got there, after walking on the carpet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org