A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:00:28 am
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Public Schools Spending  (Read 283326 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #375 on: September 25, 2014, 08:50:58 pm »

Just unreal. It's a complete clownshow at the capital.

Just move here?  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2014, 07:53:04 am »

And now Barresi is hiring husbands of cronies for $90,000 a year jobs....  Naw, we don't have any corruption in this state....

What is most amazing is how blatant she has become with her BS.  And I suspect the people of Oklahoma will re-elect her anyway.  How very, very sad is that...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2014, 07:58:13 am »

And now Barresi is hiring husbands of cronies for $90,000 a year jobs....  Naw, we don't have any corruption in this state....

What is most amazing is how blatant she has become with her BS.  And I suspect the people of Oklahoma will re-elect her anyway.  How very, very sad is that...??

Unpossible.  She was primaried.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
saintnicster
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2014, 07:59:28 am »

She's become blatant about it _because_ she wasn't re-elected.  6 months is a bunch of time to screw stuff up.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2014, 08:30:04 am »

One has to wonder if she suffers from mild retardation or if she’s a sociopath.

As far as giving a contract to CTB McGraw Hill, it sounds as if someone didn’t get with the program after the last bungled testing:

Oklahoma State Board: Signing McGraw Hill Testing May Be 'Unavoidable'

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 7:01 PM CDT Updated: Sep 25, 2014 7:01 PM CDT
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - The state school board delayed a decision to rehire a testing company blamed with repeated failures, but the delay may not change the outcome to give CTB-McGraw Hill a new state contract.

The state has fired both of the nation's two big testing companies, Pearson and McGraw, but CTB McGraw was the last one out of the door.

Now the state wants to get one more test out of them, for 50,000 students, and almost $3 million.

Several members of the state school board objected to a new contract for CTB-McGraw Hill, just months after the company lost their testing contract with the state.

9/25/2014 Related Story: Oklahoma Education Board Tables Decision On Testing Contract

“I'm not voting for $3 million for McGraw Hill for anything. To do it's irresponsible for the board,” said Lee Baxter with the State Board of Education.

It was CTB-McGraw testing that left thousands of students unable to complete exams over the last two years.

While the Board of Education considers a new contract, the company's failures remain under investigation by State Attorney General, Scott Pruitt.

“Whether they do or don't do that is not a legal question, that's a policy question, and a question that they must answer. I am very concerned about a testing company that has failed to perform for two consecutive years. Obviously the confidence that I have in their ability to do that prospectively is not very strong,” Pruitt said.

Tulsa's superintendent Keith Ballard said he didn't believe it when told CTB might get a new contract.

"Well I'm not in favor of CTB-McGraw Hill doing the testing because they certainly have a record of bungling it,” he said.

"I'm pretty upset with CTB as well as you are, and a I share your anger, but I also have an obligation to make sure that we're compliant with state law,” said State Superintendent Janet Barresi.

She and her staff said state mandates require the testing and giving the old company a new contract is unavoidable.

They said no other company could produce a test in time for students to take it this winter.

“To tell them that they have to wait until the spring assessment means those students would move on to another class then have to come back and review material and perhaps wouldn't have the best opportunity to succeed,” Barresi said.

http://www.newson6.com/story/26631676/oklahoma-state-board-signing-mcgraw-hill-testing-may-be-unavoidable

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2014, 08:35:40 am »

One has to wonder if she suffers from mild retardation or if she’s a sociopath.

As far as giving a contract to CTB McGraw Hill, it sounds as if someone didn’t get with the program after the last bungled testing:

http://www.newson6.com/story/26631676/oklahoma-state-board-signing-mcgraw-hill-testing-may-be-unavoidable

And she would be that someone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2014, 08:54:24 am »

Unpossible.  She was primaried.   Grin

Write in votes.

I know...we don't have those either...I bet Failin' will get her a nice cushy job somewhere in an Oklahoma government department nearby.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2014, 08:59:01 am »

Write in votes.

I know...we don't have those either...I bet Failin' will get her a nice cushy job somewhere in an Oklahoma government department nearby.

Not if Dorman wins.  That’s looking better every day.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2014, 09:01:32 am »

At risk of contaminating his chances among people who follow this place, I hope so.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:22 am »

Year-End Tests in Oklahoma Could be in Jeopardy

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/year-end-tests-oklahoma-could-be-jeopardy

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A delay by Oklahoma education officials in selecting a testing vendor could leave tens of thousands of high school students in the lurch if they're unable to complete end-of-instruction exams this winter.

Some school administrators worried Friday that there's no time left to solicit bids for a new vendor and even if one is approved, teachers won't have enough time to train on a new system.

On Thursday, the board delayed approving a $2.8 million contract with testing vendor CTB/McGraw Hill for the winter exams. The board has voted this summer to terminate its contract with the company after two consecutive years of major testing problems.

Department spokesman Phil Bacharach says the board is expected to meet within the next two weeks to consider approving a contract for winter testing.

Just give the kids a mulligan.
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2014, 05:14:17 pm »

She's become blatant about it _because_ she wasn't re-elected.  6 months is a bunch of time to screw stuff up.

Anyone remember the former Sheriff and his female Undersheriff in a nearby county who lost in the primary and needed to fetch a prisoner from Alaska. Even though the US Marshall's service would transport this prisoner on the cheap, he and the Undersheriff drove from Oklahoma to Alaska (took the ferry from Seattle to somewhere in Alaska), picked the guy up, and drove back to Oklahoma. 8 hours per day. With breaks. Motel rooms every night, meals on the county's dime. It took weeks. A bunch of those expenses were rejected by the county commissioners with a little bit of helpful advice from the DA's office.

There needs to be a temporary injunction entered every time an incumbent loses with so much time left. Force them to continue the status quo until the end of their terms.

I wonder if there was some sort of quid pro quo with CTB/McGraw Hill. Surely not!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:31 am »

To close to "Dorfman" insert Animal House picture.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2014, 02:48:25 pm »

Better than the epic FAIL in the gov's mansion so far.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2014, 11:18:03 am »

Vendor Drops Out of Oklahoma Bidding Process

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/vendor-drops-out-oklahoma-bidding-process

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma education officials say the testing vendor CTB/McGraw Hill has withdrawn itself from consideration for a new contract for Oklahoma's winter exams.

The Oklahoma State Department of Education announced Monday that the company would withdraw from the bidding process. Last week, the Oklahoma State Board of Education delayed action on the no-bid contract amid criticism over CTB/McGraw Hill's performance on the standardized tests over the past two years.

State Superintendent Janet Barresi had recommended that the board approve the $2.8 million contract, saying that other testing vendors were not interested in the contract with the state. About 51,000 tests are expected to be given during the winter testing period.

The education board is expected to hold a special meeting soon to take up the matter.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:06 pm »

Let me apologize right up front...don't really mean this, but ya gotta admit, ya kinda left the door open.  And I tried, but could not resist the temptation....

"DolfmanBob"

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org