A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:04:21 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Someone Please Pay for my Rubbers  (Read 124334 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:47 am »

Senate kills controversial 'conscience' amendment

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/01/politics/senate-health-care/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »

My wife has worked for both STJ and STF, the pills are covered.  However, if I remember correctly, they will not perform an elective tubal (tubes tied).

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:58 pm »

JC- Thanks. I thought that was the case.  I also don't believe they will terminate a pregnancy under any circumstances.  Now, I did have my own tubes tied in one of the medical buildings on the SFH campus.  I guess that's different for men?

Back on topic,

This whiner from Georgetown in her testimony said: "I've seen the looks on the faces of women walking on campus who carry this burden..." or very close to that (caught a snippet at lunch).  Really?  It's that much of a big deal?  Then go back to studying and quit being so dependent on sex!

How long will it be until sex toys are determined to be necessary for sexual, mental, and physical well being and it will be required for insurance companies and government health care to "provide access" (read: another freebee on the backs of tax and other rate payers) to these novelties?

FWIW, I've paid for my 22 y/o's pills for the last few years she has been on them.  The main issue originally, as it is for many women: hormonal issues that the pills can help with.  She's dated the same guy for three years, so of course, I'm not stupid but it's not an expense she has to bear until she graduates in May.  It's not itemized out separately but I give her money for groceries and various & sundry items.  When the doc suggested it I said, "No worries, I'll put some extra in your account every month."  She also works a part time job to give her some mad money, plus she enjoys working.

What I'm getting at is I don't buy the BS that this is such a hardship on college students.  I believe another avenue they can take for reasonably priced contraception is via Planned Parenthood.

Oh, wait, what's that?  Another drug people must be inconvenienced to get a prescription for?  (Sorry couldn't resist, they are still playing those stupid whiney, and misleading ads about having to go to the doc every time you need Sudafed).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 03:02:40 pm »

JC- Thanks. I thought that was the case.  I also don't believe they will terminate a pregnancy under any circumstances.  Now, I did have my own tubes tied in one of the medical buildings on the SFH campus.  I guess that's different for men?

Back on topic,

This whiner from Georgetown in her testimony said: "I've seen the looks on the faces of women walking on campus who carry this burden..." or very close to that (caught a snippet at lunch).  Really?  It's that much of a big deal?  Then go back to studying and quit being so dependent on sex!

How long will it be until sex toys are determined to be necessary for sexual, mental, and physical well being and it will be required for insurance companies and government health care to "provide access" (read: another freebee on the backs of tax and other rate payers) to these novelties?

FWIW, I've paid for my 22 y/o's pills for the last few years she has been on them.  The main issue originally, as it is for many women: hormonal issues that the pills can help with.  She's dated the same guy for three years, so of course, I'm not stupid but it's not an expense she has to bear until she graduates in May.  It's not itemized out separately but I give her money for groceries and various & sundry items.  When the doc suggested it I said, "No worries, I'll put some extra in your account every month."  She also works a part time job to give her some mad money, plus she enjoys working.

What I'm getting at is I don't buy the BS that this is such a hardship on college students.  I believe another avenue they can take for reasonably priced contraception is via Planned Parenthood.

Oh, wait, what's that?  Another drug people must be inconvenienced to get a prescription for?  (Sorry couldn't resist, they are still playing those stupid whiney, and misleading ads about having to go to the doc every time you need Sudafed).

Last I checked though Conan, contraceptive pills weren't available over the counter.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »

Hey, it's a campaign year.  Face it, free birth-control rocks as a vote purchase.  In 2016 Rahm will run with a platform featuring free child care. . .and on. . .and on, divert the debate away from the greater economic issues, and force out the puss of the idiotic republican base who can't resist discussing their belief systems, rather than their position on the important issues. 

It's no coincidence the timing of this debate.  Old democrat strategy that works every damn time it's applied.  Take the republican off balance by focusing on social programs that challenge his/her beliefs/values/morals. 

At this point I'm looking for the candidate that can do the best job of ignoring all of this noise steering all debate back to the economy/energy/growth.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 03:24:39 pm »

Hey, it's a campaign year.  Face it, free birth-control rocks as a vote purchase.  In 2016 Rahm will run with a platform featuring free child care. . .and on. . .and on, divert the debate away from the greater economic issues, and force out the puss of the idiotic republican base who can't resist discussing their belief systems, rather than their position on the important issues. 

It's no coincidence the timing of this debate.  Old democrat strategy that works every damn time it's applied.  Take the republican off balance by focusing on social programs that challenge his/her beliefs/values/morals. 

Gosh, republicans would never do such a thing in an election year...except flag burning and a wall on the Mexican border and gay marriage and so on.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2012, 04:01:46 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-sandra-fluke-a-slut-and-prostitute/?abcnews

Rush Limbaugh Doubles Down On Sandra Fluke, Offering ‘As Much Aspirin to Put Between Her Knees As She Wants’

Funny he brings up pain pills.

The social issues debate re-ignited on Capitol Hill today when senators killed a proposal to throw out President Obama’s contraception mandate. Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh was thrust into the center of the debate after he called the woman who was denied the right to speak on the controversial all-male conception panel at a hearing last month a “slut” on his show Wednesday. The issue heated up more today when Limbaugh took his comments even further.

The conservative radio host’s remarks sparked an angry backlash from House Democrats, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California and Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y. But instead of heeding their requests for an apology, Limbaugh doubled down against what he called the “conniption fit” of  the House Democrats.

Echoing Foster Friess, the single largest donor to the pro- Rick Santorum’s super PAC, Limbaugh said that he would “happily buy [Fluke] all the aspirin she wants.”

Limbaugh was referencing the comment Friess made in February when he said the “gals” in “his day” put aspirin between their legs in lieu of contraception. Limbaugh then expanded his offer to include the university’s entire female student body.

“I will buy all of the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want,” he said.

Sandra Fluke, a third-year student at Georgetown University Law School, was barred from testifying by Rep. Darrell Issa, the committee chair at the faith-based hearing on Capitol Hill, because he deemed her unqualified.  Issa said the panel was supposed to focus on religious freedom and Fluke is not a member of any clergy.

She eventually spoke to a Democratic hearing spearheaded by Pelosi on Feb. 23, where she talked about the need for birth control coverage. Fluke spoke of one friend in particular who needed contraception to prevent ovarian cysts.

Rush Limbaugh, though, had a different take on Fluke’s testimony. On his show Wednesday, he suggested that the reason Fluke cannot afford birth control  is because she is having too much sex.

“Can you imagine if you’re her parents how proud of Sandra Fluke you would be?” he said. “Your daughter…testifies she’s having so much sex she can’t afford her own birth control pills and she agrees that Obama should provide them, or the pope.”

Fluke testified that without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman as much as $3,000 during law school.

“Three thousand dollars for birth control in three years? That’s a thousand dollars a year of sex — and, she wants us to pay for it,” Limbaugh said, adding that high school boys applying to college should consider Georgetown. “They’re admitting before congressional committee that they’re having so much sex they can’t afford the birth control pills!”

The conservative radio host continued: “What does it say about the college co-ed Sandra Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex, what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We’re the pimps.”

Limbaugh shied away from his word choice towards the end of his show, saying “So, she’s not a slut. She’s round-heeled. I take it back.” Round-heeled, though, is a euphemism for the same thing, an old-fashioned term for a “promiscuous woman.”

On today’s show, Limbaugh turned up the heat and suggested that women who use insurance-covered birth control should post sex tapes online: “So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here’s the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex. We want something for it. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch,” he said.

Limbaugh’s comments today came on the same day of the rejection of the “Blunt Amendment,” which would have repealed Obama’s controversial contraception rule.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee drafted a petition today to ask Republican leaders to denounce Limbaugh’s “repulsive attacks on women,” DCCC spokesman Jesse Ferguson said.

“When it comes to Limbaugh,” Ferguson said, “expect the unexpected. But what should be expected is for Republican leaders to stand up and say they don’t want him to defend them anymore.”

More than 75 Democratic House Members signed a letter to House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday urging him to condemn Limbaugh’s remarks. Read the DCCC’s letter to Speaker Boehner here. And here is the list of signatures the petition has received so far.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

Is Rush unaware ... oh wait.  Roll Eyes

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »

Let's see, what's next?  A guest hosting spot on SNL for Sandra Fluke?  Her own reality show?  A shot at the bachelorette?

At the very least, I can see an SNL skit on the near horizon.

Limpbaugh is exercising his First Amendment right to call an admitted loose woman a slut.  Anyone else on here want to be the first to honestly claim you've never used the term in thought or word?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 04:26:45 pm »

Let's see, what's next?  A guest hosting spot on SNL for Sandra Fluke?  Her own reality show?  A shot at the bachelorette?

At the very least, I can see an SNL skit on the near horizon.

Limpbaugh is exercising his First Amendment right to call an admitted loose woman a slut.  Anyone else on here want to be the first to honestly claim you've never used the term in thought or word?

I'm just thinkin the stacks in the Georgetown law library must be rocking on saturday nights.  3-5 times a day?  I wonder if they guys know how "active" these women are. 

"No, honey you're the only one, and the best I've had all day ever had!" 
"Now hurry up, I've got another. . .um. . .uh. . .class to get to."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »

I bet applications for Georgetown are way up and requests for LSAT scores to be sent there.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »

Can't say as I have a perfect record, but I also don't think slut shaming is something to be proud of. I'm not quite sure how Limbaugh would be paying for Georgetown law students' birth control anyway. It's been a while, but I seem to remember that there are health fees included as part of the fees one pays to attend a university. So the students are essentially buying insurance. So the only person paying for the birth control would be the woman in question. Even if you argue that Georgetown would be paying for it, I'm not quite sure how that magically turns into Rush Limbaugh paying for it.

Sometimes it's hard to believe what a moron he is. Surely it must be the Oxycontin. Right? I seem to remember he actually had some connection with reality back in the 90s. Maybe I'm misremembering.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

Limpbaugh is exercising his First Amendment right to call an admitted loose woman a slut. 

Thanks an assload for that mental image of someone actually tapping that nastiness.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2012, 06:34:55 pm »

Rush, did you have to go THERE?

“If we’re going to have to pay for this — then we want something in return, Ms. Fluke,” Limbaugh said. “And that would be the videos of all this sex posted online so we can see what we’re getting for our money.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/01/rush-doubles-down-on-slut-claim-demands-sex-video-in-exchange-for-contraceptives/#ixzz1nuo9TQnC

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

This was from a posting on my daughter's Facebook

Planned Parenthood charges $20 a month for birth control.  

As far as the entire issue, I keep approaching it like someone attending a cultural geography class (probably because I am).  I look at the growing population density, the dwindling resources and what causes a lot of population clusters.  A lot of the areas that have high growth rates are regions that have a high influence from religions that don't allow contraceptives.  It's not really a matter of who has a right to it, and why a religious organization should be allowed to block the pass, but a matter of do we want to get our population growth under control.  While there are many more factors involved, access to such things is important.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org