A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:23:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evans Fintube Brownfield Site  (Read 60525 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »

They are removing everything west of the fence on the west side of the building and east of the tracks.

Making room for the counsilor's event center's parking.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 11:32:24 am »

Public Meeting Set for Update on EPA Brownfield Grants

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/public-meeting-set-update-epa-brownfield-grants

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — The city is planning a public meeting to update residents on Tulsa's brownfield grants it received from the Environmental Protection Agency in 2013.

The April 8 meeting is at City Hall downtown.

In 2013, the city received $1.4 million in brownfield grants— including $600,000 for the cleanup of the city-owned Evans-Fintube site and $800,000 for a revolving loan fund in partnership with the Indian Nations Council of Governments and the Tulsa Industrial Authority.

A brownfield designation means a property's expansion, redevelopment or reuse may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 11:51:39 am »

Public Meeting Set for Update on EPA Brownfield Grants

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/public-meeting-set-update-epa-brownfield-grants

How about this site for a soccer stadium and complex. Build a walking bridge over the tracks to connect to parking at OSU Tulsa and the Greenwood district.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 12:22:21 pm »

Outlet mall......

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 12:54:57 pm »

Outlet mall......

That would be a really good site for an outlet mall if the lot is big enough

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2015, 03:23:00 pm »

That would be a really good site for an outlet mall if the lot is big enough

Are you sure people haven't been spelunking on that site for years? If so, then the Tulsa Urban Spelunking Coalition might oppose it.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2015, 04:08:56 pm »

This site was sent out for RFP recently. I think two developers bid on it. Not sure what the status of this is recently. But rumor was this would be turned into a mixed-use development with mainly office and multifamily with some retail. That developer supposedly has experience with brownfield clean up and redevelopment.

It would be laughable to see Simon try to deal with a brownfield site with the way they've handled the Turkey Mountain site.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 04:23:37 pm »

Are you sure people haven't been spelunking on that site for years? If so, then the Tulsa Urban Spelunking Coalition might oppose it.
I see what you did there

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 05:30:08 pm »

This site was sent out for RFP recently. I think two developers bid on it. Not sure what the status of this is recently. But rumor was this would be turned into a mixed-use development with mainly office and multifamily with some retail. That developer supposedly has experience with brownfield clean up and redevelopment.

It would be laughable to see Simon try to deal with a brownfield site with the way they've handled the Turkey Mountain site.

It would be perfect....They may not be able to make it any worse........

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:12 pm »

Really?  How petty can you get?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:26 pm »

Really?  How petty can you get?

Unless you believe there are caves in that area, I'm not sure how you could've possibly taken that seriously.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 08:27:44 am »

Unless you believe there are caves in that area, I'm not sure how you could've possibly taken that seriously.

No, I took it as a deliberate jab at people who are sacrificing quite a bit of time to make sure an outlet mall is not built on top of a children’s Y camp and adjacent to one of Tulsa’s best assets.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 07:50:40 pm »

No, I took it as a deliberate jab at people who are sacrificing quite a bit of time to make sure an outlet mall is not built on top of a children’s Y camp and adjacent to one of Tulsa’s best assets.

Yeah, I'm SUPER anti-civic engagement.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:29 pm »

Yeah, I'm SUPER anti-civic engagement.

Hard to tell at times.  You should use emoji’s/emoticons more often.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2015, 09:48:43 am »

Hard to tell at times.  You should use emoji’s/emoticons more often.

Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org