A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:25:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767263 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 12:11:05 pm »

Funny how that goes, I ended up thinking LaFortune was a real doof in the end.  Taylor rubbed me wrong at the beginning with her “make it happen or else” style and the One Tech purchase.  As I got to know her and work on a couple of projects with her, she really impressed me. 

Taking a long look back, Tulsa would look much different today (more like post-modern Beirut) than it does now if not for the efforts of LaFortune and Taylor.

I think anybody will look good compared to the current resident of that office.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 12:14:46 pm »

Funny how that goes, I ended up thinking LaFortune was a real doof in the end.  Taylor rubbed me wrong at the beginning with her “make it happen or else” style and the One Tech purchase.  As I got to know her and work on a couple of projects with her, she really impressed me. 

Taking a long look back, Tulsa would look much different today (more like post-modern Beirut) than it does now if not for the efforts of LaFortune and Taylor.

I wonder what Dewey's big contribution will be? Lafortune has V2025 and the Peli BOK. Taylor has the Borg cube move and the ONEOK park.

I would like to see Mayor Bartlett push for a parking solution for the PAC/City Hall/Blue Dome to free up surface area for development. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »

I wonder what Dewey's big contribution will be? Lafortune has V2025 and the Peli BOK. Taylor has the Borg cube move and the ONEOK park.

I would like to see Mayor Bartlett push for a parking solution for the PAC/City Hall/Blue Dome to free up surface area for development. 

He'll probably patent a design for a fire-retardant cellphone.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 01:01:39 pm »

He'll probably patent a design for a fire-retardant cellphone.

Or get caught sparking up a big doobie in the council chamber.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 01:02:58 pm »

Or get caught sparking up a big doobie in the council chamber.

Could just see that now...

"PT, want a hit?"

"Naw"

"Come on!  It's good smile"

"OK"

"PT, don't bogart it!"

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:18 pm »

The new plan calls for keeping the same riverside alignment but regrading it. It will be higher in the crow creek area but slightly lower to the north. There will be a new vehicle bridge over crow creek with pedestrian and bike paths underneath consistent with the new grading alongside crow creek. Their will be land bridges over the roadway connecting the former riverparks and blair properties. About 600 parking spaces will be added as well as rapids, two children's parks, retail, residential, a splash pad, restrooms, a year-round park building called "the lodge," paddleboat/kayaking in the new pond, a small beach, a bike path built on top of the existing pedestrian bridge, a redone shoreline with trails at water level and connecting existing land masses to allow for fishing and walking, etc, etc.

Pictures of the 3D model
http://cl.ly/1N1k0X253y3C1I1D1H2j
http://cl.ly/3Q473f2m1Z270e2i0l2b
http://cl.ly/1c0t1y131T0Q3G3V3c3B

Closeup of Blair Pond area
http://cl.ly/1W323L2g2W2N3m0p3y0s

Top-down view of plan:
http://cl.ly/0W101h422C0h3m3j2t0u (top half)
http://cl.ly/1r19441L3g042q36131k (bottom half)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2012, 05:54:26 am »

Looks very neat.  Lots of variety.  Looks like it's going to require a lot of maintenance and upkeep almost like they would need staff just for that area.  Any word on that aspect?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 06:55:21 am »

That's one of the best planning models I've ever seen, and the plan is sensible and exciting! 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2012, 07:54:52 am »

I hope the things that are "hoped for" happen.  It's very cool if they can make it all work.

Some of it is relying on the dam projects and working with the city on the Crow Creek bridge and dam.

In any case, it's very exciting.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2012, 08:14:16 am »

I wonder what Dewey's big contribution will be.  Taylor has the Borg cube move . . . 

And the ongoing financial hole that came with it.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2012, 08:18:20 am »

Taylor was mayor at the time.

Maybe when that tax issue failed but in 2005 when I waited in the foyer of the mayor's office to talk to the chief of staff, that pic was hanging on the wall.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:24:22 am by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2012, 08:22:42 am »

I wonder what Dewey's big contribution will be.  Taylor has . . . the ONEOK park.

. . . Along with the continuing mystery of why we paid $60 million for a $30 million ballpark; and of course the buildings being torn down to avoid the resulting tax increase.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2012, 08:23:54 am »

. . . Along with the continuing mystery of why we paid $60 million for a $30 million ballpark; and of course the buildings being torn down to avoid the resulting tax increase.

There's a thread for that conversation.  Go find it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2012, 08:26:15 am »

I really like the plan and it appears that some of the ideas we have discussed on this forum, like the path on top of the pedestrian bridge, made it into the final. I'll probably be too old to enjoy it by the time its finished but I'll get momma' to roll me over there!

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

I really like the plan and it appears that some of the ideas we have discussed on this forum, like the path on top of the pedestrian bridge, made it into the final. I'll probably be too old to enjoy it by the time its finished but I'll get momma' to roll me over there!

If most goes as planned, we shouldn't have to wait too long.  If enough "Oil Capitals" complain about it, they may get politics involved.  That's the only way I can see this going through a tough time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org