A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:00:29 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143726 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 08:18:02 am »

Jeez I miss Sonic. I can remember when tots with chili and cheese wasn't on the menu. (ans yes, I have one of their aluminum trays with the yellow coated window hooks)

All 'ya gotta do is move back.

Souvenir hunter!

For some reason, this little video brings back lots of memories, not just from Sonic, but Pennington's, the Admiral Twin, King's Food Host...all that old good stuff.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 08:27:34 am »

All 'ya gotta do is move back.

Souvenir hunter!

For some reason, this little video brings back lots of memories, not just from Sonic, but Pennington's, the Admiral Twin, King's Food Host...all that old good stuff.

We used to love to mess with the cooks at King's by getting on the phones in various booths and calling in all sorts of crazy stuff like fart burgers.  Hillarious to a six year old mentality.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:27 am »

We used to love to mess with the cooks at King's by getting on the phones in various booths and calling in all sorts of crazy stuff like fart burgers.  Hillarious to a six year old mentality.

Must have been at age 16.

I loved their hot fudge sundaes!! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 08:32:09 am »

Do you remember when it closed?  Didn't it become a Kip's Big Boy before it finally got mowed for the QT at 31st & Sheridan?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 08:44:27 am »

Do you remember when it closed?  Didn't it become a Kip's Big Boy before it finally got mowed for the QT at 31st & Sheridan?

I think it was a Big Boy for a little while.  There was a really bad barbeque place there for a few minutes, too.  Plus a couple other places - pizza maybe??  Not sure.  QT didn't come along for a few years.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:06 am »

Cheese Frenchie!!

dbacks fan
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 07:43:57 pm »

Drove past a Bob's Big Boy yesterday, and it reminded me of friends I graduated with that attempted to steal the Big Boy statue from the one on Memorial and the BA back in 1981.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »

Drove past a Bob's Big Boy yesterday, and it reminded me of friends I graduated with that attempted to steal the Big Boy statue from the one on Memorial and the BA back in 1981.

Attempted?  I thought that actually wound up on the front lawn at Hale?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 08:21:13 pm »

Not sure about the Big Boy, but we put a neighbor's VW Beetle up on his porch one time.  Sideways.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »

Not sure about the Big Boy, but we put a neighbor's VW Beetle up on his porch one time.  Sideways.

There were some really small Subaru (I think) cars that were easily lifted by a few strong teenage pranksters.  I know of one that was blocked up just to the point of the wheels being just barely off the ground.  It was difficult to see it by just looking.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »

Took about 10 or so of us.  Mean little f's!

Had another one who 'loaned' his car out from time to time.  Would talk about how some weeks he got worse gas mileage and some it would be really good.  It was really the same all the time - just when it was borrowed, sometimes gas was put in and sometimes not.  It was also fun to get a couple gallons to add from time to time at random just to mess with him a little.  He would fret and stew about how mileage was getting worse.  Then excited about how great it was.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:08 pm »

Ok, just finished watching the most important - the only meaningful 40 seconds of the Stupor Bowl!!

Liked seeing Giants win just 'cause I like Eli Manning.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 09:10:54 pm »

Took about 10 or so of us.  Mean little f's!
Had another one who 'loaned' his car out from time to time.  Would talk about how some weeks he got worse gas mileage and some it would be really good.  It was really the same all the time - just when it was borrowed, sometimes gas was put in and sometimes not.  It was also fun to get a couple gallons to add from time to time at random just to mess with him a little.  He would fret and stew about how mileage was getting worse.  Then excited about how great it was.

Reminds me of a MASH episode when Hawkeye and BJ were adjusting the size of Winchester's pants.  I think the close was something like "next week he gets shorter".

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »

Reminds me of a MASH episode when Hawkeye and BJ were adjusting the size of Winchester's pants.  I think the close was something like "next week he gets shorter".

They got the idea from us.  We did it in 1968 - they were over a decade later...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »

Finally made it to McNellies this weekend.  Excellent.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org