A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:14:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 146474 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2022, 07:33:35 pm »

It must be Oklahoma when these are the headlines on the same day:

David Ware Sentenced To Death For Murder Of Tulsa Police Officer
https://www.newson6.com/story/6269dc2290d382070fc87ba6/david-ware-sentenced-to-death-for-murder-of-tulsa-police-officer-

Stitt OKs parole for ex-Tulsa officer convicted in 1982 crossbow murder of Michele Powers
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/stitt-oks-parole-for-ex-tulsa-officer-convicted-in-1982-crossbow-murder-of-michele-powers/article_d253d7dc-c5c6-11ec-a2f2-f3cbd606f0ef.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2022, 06:54:09 am »

It must be Oklahoma when these are the headlines on the same day:

David Ware Sentenced To Death For Murder Of Tulsa Police Officer
https://www.newson6.com/story/6269dc2290d382070fc87ba6/david-ware-sentenced-to-death-for-murder-of-tulsa-police-officer-

Stitt OKs parole for ex-Tulsa officer convicted in 1982 crossbow murder of Michele Powers
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/stitt-oks-parole-for-ex-tulsa-officer-convicted-in-1982-crossbow-murder-of-michele-powers/article_d253d7dc-c5c6-11ec-a2f2-f3cbd606f0ef.html

And lookie - Michele Powers' twin sister says in the article “I’m just sick, absolutely sick. I voted for him. How could a governor do that?”. Gee - I wonder... you voted for a guy whose business was listed as 'one of the 15 shadiest lenders in the government-backed mortgage industry' and had absolutely zero experience working in government probably only because he had an (R) next to his name on the ballot.  Roll Eyes
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2022, 11:13:05 am »

And lookie - Michele Powers' twin sister says in the article “I’m just sick, absolutely sick. I voted for him. How could a governor do that?”. Gee - I wonder... you voted for a guy whose business was listed as 'one of the 15 shadiest lenders in the government-backed mortgage industry' and had absolutely zero experience working in government probably only because he had an (R) next to his name on the ballot.  Roll Eyes

Just shows the depths of ignorance that too many people in this state plumb!

See that big ole sh$t eating grin that guy has in his mug shot?   He knows something good is gonna happen when Stitt got elected.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 11:14:36 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2022, 06:17:36 pm »

And lookie - Michele Powers' twin sister says in the article “I’m just sick, absolutely sick. I voted for him. How could a governor do that?”. Gee - I wonder... you voted for a guy whose business was listed as 'one of the 15 shadiest lenders in the government-backed mortgage industry' and had absolutely zero experience working in government probably only because he had an (R) next to his name on the ballot.  Roll Eyes

In a letter dated Thursday, Stitt’s general counsel Trevor Pemberton said the governor reconsidered his parole decision after receiving material from the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office “that was not previously available to this office.”

Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler told Public Radio Tulsa on Friday he was "at a loss" as to what that supposed "new information" might be.

"The same information that we argued in front of the parole board was the exact same information that we presented to the governor's office" in a Thursday letter, Kunzweiler said.

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/local-regional/2022-04-29/stitt-does-about-face-approving-then-revoking-ex-cops-parole-in-tulsa-murder-case

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2022, 04:32:36 pm »

And now for a horse of a different kettle of fish....

Ran across a new version of a favorite song.  And it is pretty amazing!

The Weight.  Ringo Starr and friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ

And THEN, ran across this one, too!   Also great!  If ya like Aretha....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKhuEkYCN4s

Lost my best friend this time last year.  Known since 11 years old.  This all brings it all up all over again.  Luckily, I realize that no matter how long I live, it will be just an 'instant in time' before we get to visit again.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 04:35:45 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2022, 08:46:32 am »

Wow!   I am at a loss today.  I have been using Moog front end parts for cars since he very first tie rod end replacement I made in 1969.  They have always been the 'go to' part, and until the last few years I have NEVER EVER had to go back and change out one of theirs - even with couple hundred thousand miles on them.  My 1970 Cutlass still has good Moog parts that I put on in the mid 1970's to replace that "good GM feeling" of the OEM part!

This last week has seen a tsunami of change!   First, the replacement Moog pitman arm I installed on my truck in 2006 has failed!  WHAT???  And I have been to two different stores and Amazon online to get a  replacement.  And EVERY single one of the replacements was missing the rubber boot that seals dirt and water out of the joint and keeps the grease in!   ALL of them!!   Careless handling MIGHT account for one...maybe even two.  But not three!

So this morning I called Moog Customer Non-Service.  They said, "Huh...that shouldn't happen..."   Really??  And when I asked why they don't just supply extra boots, the reply was that if I took the joint apart properly, it should not be a problem...!!

I could not believe the smart a$$, condescending way this clown was talking!   First, I do use pickle forks - the wrong tool if you care about the part, but fast and easy to get them apart  - when taking apart a joint to replace with a new one.  But I ALWAYS use the correct puller when taking apart a joint I need/want to reinstall!  They still get torn up!   No matter what, you will mess one up from time to time regardless of the tool.!   But this clown has obviously never changed one or even held a tool!

As said, I am at a loss...I hate changing the parts streams I use to try to find something else that may or may not work, but they have pretty much shoved me out the Moog door!

Side note;  one of the parts I got last week - Wednesday - was from O'Reilly's.  When I started to install it on Friday and noticed the part missing, I called them to find which store to go to for exchange.  In that two days, they had stopped selling Moog in the stores.   They had removed all the stock, and replaced it with Precision Chassis brand.   Unbelievable!  Something very serious has happened with Moog to make that happen - I have been buying M from O'R since they first got here in the 80's!

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2022, 09:35:00 pm »

I'm not doubting Moog is having subcontractor issues and is being forced to use lesser quality ones to keep stock but I've also heard for a while of them not including boots. What make is your truck - we have an auto parts store so I can check the warehouses if you'd like.

As for OR moving to the "Precision Chassis" brand - I'm pretty sure that's a MOOG sub-brand - they're both Federal-Mogul.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2022, 12:15:28 am »

Lost my best friend this time last year.  Known since 11 years old.  This all brings it all up all over again.  Luckily, I realize that no matter how long I live, it will be just an 'instant in time' before we get to visit again.

We are all getting older.  Sorry for your loss.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2022, 12:40:29 am »

Wow!   I am at a loss today.  I have been using Moog front end parts for cars since he very first tie rod end replacement I made in 1969.  They have always been the 'go to' part, and until the last few years I have NEVER EVER had to go back and change out one of theirs - even with couple hundred thousand miles on them.  My 1970 Cutlass still has good Moog parts that I put on in the mid 1970's to replace that "good GM feeling" of the OEM part!

This last week has seen a tsunami of change!   First, the replacement Moog pitman arm I installed on my truck in 2006 has failed!  WHAT???  And I have been to two different stores and Amazon online to get a  replacement.  And EVERY single one of the replacements was missing the rubber boot that seals dirt and water out of the joint and keeps the grease in!   ALL of them!!   Careless handling MIGHT account for one...maybe even two.  But not three!

So this morning I called Moog Customer Non-Service.  They said, "Huh...that shouldn't happen..."   Really??  And when I asked why they don't just supply extra boots, the reply was that if I took the joint apart properly, it should not be a problem...!!

I could not believe the smart a$$, condescending way this clown was talking!   First, I do use pickle forks - the wrong tool if you care about the part, but fast and easy to get them apart  - when taking apart a joint to replace with a new one.  But I ALWAYS use the correct puller when taking apart a joint I need/want to reinstall!  They still get torn up!   No matter what, you will mess one up from time to time regardless of the tool.!   But this clown has obviously never changed one or even held a tool!

As said, I am at a loss...I hate changing the parts streams I use to try to find something else that may or may not work, but they have pretty much shoved me out the Moog door!

Side note;  one of the parts I got last week - Wednesday - was from O'Reilly's.  When I started to install it on Friday and noticed the part missing, I called them to find which store to go to for exchange.  In that two days, they had stopped selling Moog in the stores.   They had removed all the stock, and replaced it with Precision Chassis brand.   Unbelievable!  Something very serious has happened with Moog to make that happen - I have been buying M from O'R since they first got here in the 80's!

I too am at a total loss to MOOG's quality.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2022, 05:03:36 am »

I haven't bought Moog parts in at least 15 years. I'm refreshing the suspension on my Miata and fortunately OE parts are readily available through several Miata specific vendors going back to the first year of production in 1989.

For other vehicles I have had a lot of success with NAPA, O'Reilly and Auto Zone with their mid to top level parts.

Moog has really been off their game for a long time, so it's not just you noticing it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2022, 10:44:21 am »

We are all getting older.  Sorry for your loss.

Thanks!   Will get to visit with him again soon enough....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2022, 10:45:38 am »

I'm not doubting Moog is having subcontractor issues and is being forced to use lesser quality ones to keep stock but I've also heard for a while of them not including boots. What make is your truck - we have an auto parts store so I can check the warehouses if you'd like.

As for OR moving to the "Precision Chassis" brand - I'm pretty sure that's a MOOG sub-brand - they're both Federal-Mogul.

K7238 pitman arm.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2022, 09:30:38 pm »

I see it available in MOOG (of course), Mevotech, Delphi, TRW and a few off-brands. I know on our Jeep I'm going with Mevotech overall as they get really good reviews on the forums and usually about half the price (that being said Mevotech will also get crap reviews here and there so it depends on the part really - of course few people go online bragging about parts that work but everyone will pop up complaining about parts that don't). I will have to check with our sales rep when he gets back on Monday on the Mevotech price but at Amazon it's $37.44 (#MK7238) - I'll gather the price I could get you would be about the same as most places sell it for $45-50. I couldn't find the boot available separately anywhere from anyone.

For your reference - that part number from other manufacturers is:
Delphi - TA2212 - prob about $60
TRW - 52038587 (same # as Mopar) or JPA167 - about $100 but you can prob find it for $90-ish if you look around.

I've had no issues with Delphi and TRW tends to always be excellent.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 09:47:25 pm by tulsabug » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2022, 10:14:17 am »

I see it available in MOOG (of course), Mevotech, Delphi, TRW and a few off-brands. I know on our Jeep I'm going with Mevotech overall as they get really good reviews on the forums and usually about half the price (that being said Mevotech will also get crap reviews here and there so it depends on the part really - of course few people go online bragging about parts that work but everyone will pop up complaining about parts that don't). I will have to check with our sales rep when he gets back on Monday on the Mevotech price but at Amazon it's $37.44 (#MK7238) - I'll gather the price I could get you would be about the same as most places sell it for $45-50. I couldn't find the boot available separately anywhere from anyone.

For your reference - that part number from other manufacturers is:
Delphi - TA2212 - prob about $60
TRW - 52038587 (same # as Mopar) or JPA167 - about $100 but you can prob find it for $90-ish if you look around.

I've had no issues with Delphi and TRW tends to always be excellent.

Thanks for the info!   I have been finding similar stuff surrounding this.  Don't really care about occasional bad reviews - I always throw out the top 10% and the bottom 10% so can get the real story!

Mevotech seems to be the one to go with for now, so I will experiment.

And O'Reilly's sent me an email yesterday asking for a review, so I did that.  I was told it did not meet their guidelines....  I guess telling the truth about Moog and agreeing with O'Reilly about changing vendors is against their guidelines...

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2022, 05:14:40 pm »

And O'Reilly's sent me an email yesterday asking for a review, so I did that.  I was told it did not meet their guidelines....  I guess telling the truth about Moog and agreeing with O'Reilly about changing vendors is against their guidelines...

Surprise!.....  Well, maybe not.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org