A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2018, 05:11:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 38913 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2018, 09:56:46 pm »

Is the current statewide beer shortage retaliation by liquor distributors?

http://www.newson6.com/story/38420188/retailers-blame-statewide-beer-shortage-on-new-liquor-law

...and does 6-point make your pee glow under black light?  Things we want to know.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2018, 08:15:14 am »

Is the current statewide beer shortage retaliation by liquor distributors?

http://www.newson6.com/story/38420188/retailers-blame-statewide-beer-shortage-on-new-liquor-law

...and does 6-point make your pee glow under black light?  Things we want to know.

Why, yes...yes, it does!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2018, 10:11:33 am »

You're welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ivig_aVDY

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2018, 08:57:18 am »

DETROIT Ė Given that the best way to store your car keys at night is by putting them in a coffee can, what's an ex-FBI agent's advice to protect cars from theft during the day?  Wrap car fobs in aluminum foil.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/07/08/wrap-car-key-fob-foil/762338002/

The story implies that thieves can copy the radio signal coming from your car key fob, but doesnt mention that the signal is only transmitted when you manually push the buttons on the fob.
Nor does it mention that a coffee can with an open (or plastic) top doesnt really block radio signals.

As for putting credit cards in foil sleeves, that went out when credit cards went to chips.

Modern car keys, however, have RFIDs that work like a pet microchip where you can send it a radio signal and it will answer back with an ID number, but the range is inches and without the physical key to open the door, pretty useless.

Geek out.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2018, 03:44:44 pm »

Of course, the OTHER anti-theft device is something called a manual transmission.

Ed

Reality has a well known liberal bias.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2018, 05:22:03 pm »

Of course, the OTHER anti-theft device is something called a manual transmission.

Have seen pics of signs on cars with that.  One of the kids put it on her drivers window, too. 

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org