A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:56:30 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke's Southern Kitchen Closed?  (Read 10492 times)
DTowner
City Father

« on: October 10, 2011, 11:02:35 am »

I heard that yesterday afternoon Duke's abruptly closed and posted a sign on the door saying it was "closed for repairs", even though no one was aware that anything needed repairing.

Looks like I may be adding Duke's to my list of places I was going to try, but never got around to doing so in time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:06:19 am »

They're posting on FB about lunch today.

Yesterday Palace Cafe posted they were closed for repairs and would reopen Tuesday.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:08:13 am by Townsend » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:22:51 am »

I heard that yesterday afternoon Duke's abruptly closed and posted a sign on the door saying it was "closed for repairs", even though no one was aware that anything needed repairing.

Looks like I may be adding Duke's to my list of places I was going to try, but never got around to doing so in time.

Never heard of it.  People not knowing this place existed might have something to do with it.  Where was this?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:32:30 am »

Never heard of it.  People not knowing this place existed might have something to do with it.  Where was this?

By the Spirit Center.  It's a nice enough place.  Interesting interior with "southern" cooking.  I was there once.  Decent food at the time and good service.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 11:44:24 am »

One of their servers dropped 3 glasses of water on me a few months ago.  They didn't even comp our appetizer.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 11:47:24 am »

Ha Ha...just because it's on South Memo. I thought you knew everything about Southies.  Wink
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:48 pm »

It's a very modern looking facility with a few "southern decorations" slapped up that don't fit. Kinda like the menu. Some weird hybrid of modern and classic southern.

I went, it wasn't bad but pretty underwhelming.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

I think this was the third place that has failed so far in its spot right? It seems like just to much overhead for any type of eating/drinking/hanging out spot for Tulsa...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 12:25:17 pm »

Ha Ha...just because it's on South Memo. I thought you knew everything about Southies.  Wink

It's rare I ever get that far south on Memorial anymore and then it's usually crossing on the bike trail.  I probably should get out more.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 12:38:48 pm »

I think it might still be open.  OP said "for repairs" and they are posting on facebook.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 12:41:31 pm »

I think it might still be open.  OP said "for repairs" and they are posting on facebook.

Casa Bonita is just closed for repairs too.. As is the 81st& Memorial Quiznos, etc.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 12:49:11 pm »

I called, they are open
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 02:09:16 pm »

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the drinks.  Sadly, my meal was horrible.  I tried the Etouffee and the rice was raw and the was shrimp undercooked.  I don't think I will be headed back anytime soon. 

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 03:10:02 pm »

Casa Bonita is just closed for repairs too.. As is the 81st& Memorial Quiznos, etc.

lol! Oscar's is closed for repairs and temporarily occupied by Treehouse.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 04:23:00 pm »

We have eaten there several times, always very good and great service. Try the shrimp & grits sometime, it is as close to low country cooking as you can get around here.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org