A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351800 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #555 on: May 28, 2021, 09:43:46 am »

Clearly he had taken the Covid vaccine which magnetized his blood and he was pulled off the highway towards the steel container used for the Cirque Coffee shop. Possibly there were also Jewish space lasers involved.

Wait - sorry - I thought this was the TulsaQNow forum...  Grin

He was probably blinded by the lasers and unable to correct visually for the magnetic attraction to the coffee shop.  Very unfortunate combination.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #556 on: July 17, 2021, 04:25:08 pm »

Clearly he had taken the Covid vaccine which magnetized his blood and he was pulled off the highway towards the steel container used for the Cirque Coffee shop. Possibly there were also Jewish space lasers involved.

Wait - sorry - I thought this was the TulsaQNow forum...  Grin

Has been in the past....seems to be calmer now.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2021, 08:45:08 am »

Does anyone know what is going on at the northwest corner of 15th and Utica?  They just tore down the building immediately to the west of the gas station, and the one immediately to the west of the Chelsea Gallery.  Chelsea Gallery is still there. 
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2021, 10:03:36 am »

Does anyone know what is going on at the northwest corner of 15th and Utica?  They just tore down the building immediately to the west of the gas station, and the one immediately to the west of the Chelsea Gallery.  Chelsea Gallery is still there. 

The same entity owns everything there except for the Gallery. I wonder if they'll buy them out to take the whole corner? Luckily it won't be a Walgreens or Quiktrip since they are both just down the road at Lewis. Whatever they do it better fit Cherry Street.

I also seem to recall about a year or two ago the gas station was selling gas at like 40 cents below everyone else. I thought they were trying to get rid of it and shut down but that never happened. I also saw that there was a lawsuit for the gas station's failure to pay rent. It truly is an unkillable gas station, thus far at least.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2021, 12:51:30 pm »

The same entity owns everything there except for the Gallery. I wonder if they'll buy them out to take the whole corner? Luckily it won't be a Walgreens or Quiktrip since they are both just down the road at Lewis. Whatever they do it better fit Cherry Street.

I also seem to recall about a year or two ago the gas station was selling gas at like 40 cents below everyone else. I thought they were trying to get rid of it and shut down but that never happened. I also saw that there was a lawsuit for the gas station's failure to pay rent. It truly is an unkillable gas station, thus far at least.

All of that, including the vacant lots at 14th & Utica, is owned by subsidiaries of Bumgarner Asset Management (John and Chris Bumgarner).

I have no clue what they’re doing with that demo.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #560 on: September 03, 2021, 04:04:23 am »

No - it could still be a Walgreens. They don't seem to have any problem overproliferating an area and that CVS on the east corner is just tempting them.

/ I'm just kidding - it'll probably be a dollar store of some sort.  Grin
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #561 on: September 03, 2021, 10:42:42 pm »

I figure they will tear all the buildings down and then leave the lots empty for the next 20 years.  You know, the Tulsa standard. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #562 on: September 06, 2021, 10:36:54 pm »

14th & Utica is one of the biggest holes in Midtown.  Hopefully whatever is happening on 15th is tied to development of that parcel. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #563 on: September 09, 2021, 07:09:26 am »

An early Christmas miracle! (At least to me). Drove down 15th street and saw a crew working on the long abandoned Long John Silvers... Looked to be demo of some sort.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #564 on: September 09, 2021, 09:52:24 am »

I saw it today too and didn't look like a tear down. Saw a facebook rumor that it's "Velvet Taco." I guess tacos are the new pizza. Open a bunch and see which ones survive.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #565 on: September 09, 2021, 10:29:19 am »

An early Christmas miracle! (At least to me). Drove down 15th street and saw a crew working on the long abandoned Long John Silvers... Looked to be demo of some sort.

Is that across 15th from McDonalds at Peoria?  I haven't been there for quite a while so I had to cruise the street with Street View on Google Maps.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #566 on: September 11, 2021, 10:24:18 pm »

Hearing Velvet Taco as well.  I was hoping for a new build to the corner here but definitely better than an empty building

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #567 on: September 13, 2021, 10:18:14 am »

Sidecar, the rooftop bar on Cherry Street, is supposed to open later this month.  Are the apartments complete and leasing?  Seems like that project has taken forever to build.  HOPEFULLY the old Subway next door is next in line to be renovated.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2021, 02:13:24 pm »

That is weird. Not much progress since I was last on Cherry street in late July. Looks like they have dabbled at removing the burned out portion of the Subway, but that amount of progress is about what I could do myself in a weekend. They had been doing a bit on the interior as of two months ago, but it's weird how little effort they've put into the outside. Haven't even taken the sign down yet. Not sure why they are moving so slowly on these two projects unless it is the typical labor/materials excuse.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2021, 02:26:27 pm »

I'm just happy they allowed a sidewalk and angled parking in front of the Subway building. I remember from one of the very early meetings about the street reconstruction that the city engineer hinted pretty clearly that the Subway building owners weren't going to allow it to be changed. Google maps still shows what it was like before. Awful for pedestrians.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org