A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:34:23 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya'all ready for this?  (Read 19518 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 11:40:11 am »

No doubt.  That's my impression too.
That's why I would prefer Lecter or Manson.  At least you know exactly what is on their mind - no ambiguities.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 11:48:10 am »

the vibe or understanding I have got from him over the years is this....he used to be overweight and took to cycling to try and lose that weight.  Once he lost that weight, (and this is my perception) he turned into something of a cult icon amongst the teenagers in Tulsa by looking goofy, doing goofy things and just being himself.  This in turn gave him somewhat a big head and now he thinks he owns the roads and when someone disrespects him he flips them off and gets the cops called.

Now I may be wrong, but again, this is my perception of him over the years.  Also mind you, he was the laughing stock of all of St Francis years ago, all the nurses would huddle around computers and look at his webpage with all the pictures of him with jenks and union cheerleaders and just laugh.  Not with the guy, but most certainly at him.  He also made a lot of enemies with those pictures, because they are quite creepy and disturbing.  I have no idea if they are still on there, and I am not going to take the time to look, but IMO he is one WEIRD DUDE!

I know of no one in the cycling community who thinks Biker Fox or Paul Tay are good ambassadors.  They portray the absolute worst possible image for cyclists.  My GF and I had the misfortune to pass him twice on the trails one day, he howled like a wolf both times.  Still not sure if he was howling at her or me...Ghack!

Interesting to note though that I ran into him one night at Red Rock Canyon Grill when he was "out of costume" and he seemed perfectly normal and actually a bit introverted if you can believe that. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 03:30:37 pm »

That is just scary that of all the people in Tulsa they have to make a movie about Biker Fox..

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Bikerfox

dbacks fan
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 04:09:13 pm »

His other notation on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229016/

ADHD?

Here is an interview with him.

WARNING! NSFW!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcZ-z_QXuE[/youtube]

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:21:10 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 04:53:38 pm »

Kinda off topic, but maybe not so much as it relates to personalities in movies...

Anyone remember this dude?  You should have QT loaded for this to play, but John Galusha did a movie on this guy he called the Yelling Man who was essentially a homeless man downtown...well, you can figure out what he did...

http://www.nightingaletheater.com/~jeffwok/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=3

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 08:10:39 am »

That is just scary that of all the people in Tulsa they have to make a movie about Biker Fox..

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Bikerfox

OMG. I would be pi**ed if I came all the way from Sweden to see him. That link is hilarious. I wonder who wrote all that about him ? you can really tell he likes him.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59:13 am »

Kinda off topic, but maybe not so much as it relates to personalities in movies...

Anyone remember this dude?  You should have QT loaded for this to play, but John Galusha did a movie on this guy he called the Yelling Man who was essentially a homeless man downtown...well, you can figure out what he did...

http://www.nightingaletheater.com/~jeffwok/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=3

Not who I thought it was.  When I worked at 5th & Boulder around 20 years ago, there used to be a man with white hair who drove around in an old blue Mustang II with a signboard on it denouncing one of the investment companies and he would walk around downtown at noon time with a sandwich board denouncing the investment company. I can only guess his retirement account went in the tank and that was his only percieved recourse I think it was Smith Barney he was protesting.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 12:07:44 pm »

Smith Barney was one of the most crooked around back then.  I didn't have a Mustang, but certainly would have carried a sandwich board with him if I had known about it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 03:28:55 pm »

So did anyone go see this?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 04:00:37 pm »

So did anyone go see this?
and willing to admit it?
dbacks fan
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 04:09:23 pm »

and willing to admit it?

point well taken
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 04:17:23 pm »

and willing to admit it?
or returned to be able to tell the tale?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 09:25:29 pm »

I know of no one in the cycling community who thinks Biker Fox or Paul Tay are good ambassadors.  They portray the absolute worst possible image for cyclists.  My GF and I had the misfortune to pass him twice on the trails one day, he howled like a wolf both times.  Still not sure if he was howling at her or me...Ghack!

Interesting to note though that I ran into him one night at Red Rock Canyon Grill when he was "out of costume" and he seemed perfectly normal and actually a bit introverted if you can believe that. 

I saw him in "normal clothes" one night at Lowe's, he was in line in front of me at the returns area, and I got the same impression.
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 03:35:09 pm »

I am completely in shock!!!  Someone actually had to film & then edit this with a serious face.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 04:04:59 pm »

I am completely in shock!!!  Someone actually had to film & then edit this with a serious face.
Who said they had to do it with a serious face?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org