A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:52:41 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fat guys burgers????  (Read 52284 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 12:27:04 pm »

Took a stroll around the area the other day while a game was on and went hunting for this place.  If I hadn't read bout it on here, I wouldn't have found it and I doubt that a good majority of the people at the ballpark wouldn't know it existed either unless they had to walk past it on Greenwood going to and from parking,,, if they parked around that area.

I thought it very unfortunate that they don't have any visible sign on the ballpark side.  They need to fix that or they are going to lose a LOT of potential business.  Great location on the one hand, but the potential will be wasted if nobody knows its there and arent easily reminded of it.

On a similar note, we ate at Joe Mommas and sat in front in the outside area.  It was great to see all the people walking by going to the ballpark.  It was also nice to see how they would walk by, see in,then look up at the sign to see what the place was and go "oh, its a pizza place!".  For many of them it appeared and sounded as though it was the first time they had ever seen the place.

On the other hand people would walk right by Dilly Deli and not even notice it.  The group I was with when we walked past, I had to point it out to them and even then we had to make an effort to see if it was open.  The signs in the window were the only clue. Peeking in through the darkened windows I saw what looked to be one lone waitress standing in the restaurant. Meanwhile, Joe Mommas was hopping. My friends said,,, I wouldn't have even noticed that Dilly Deli place if you hadn't said anything, and even then didn't realize it was open.    

There are all kinds of signs on buildings downtown, most of which have nothing to do with restaurants or retail establishments and such, even on buildings that dont currently have anything in them.  I doubt most people pay any attention unless they are searching for a particular thing and will thus likely not take notice of everything else. If you dont look open and "alive" your pretty much only going to get those who know your there for some other reason.  Your not going to get those just passing by who dont already know about you.

Lees Bicycle, though it has a different crowd and people are likely to go to it specifically, also has a "visibility/getting noticed/is it open" problem imo.

I really want to see these businesses do well, but some of them are missing some VERY basic advertising and getting noticed strategies.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:39:30 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »

I think I will be going to  fat guys burgers next Tuesday when I goto the ball game with some family.

I wanted to add I started a new topic from TheArtist's reply here: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=15479
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:30:02 pm by godboko71 » Logged

Thank you,
Robert Town
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 09:28:55 am »

Went again...Just as good...Remember to order at the counter.....One order of fries are enough for 2.....Try the Siracha Ranch dippin sauce....

Trent
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 02:29:46 pm »

I had a burger on Saturday and it was delicious as was the other two times I've been there. I'm feeling guilty because I'm pretty sure I've forsaken Claud's and Hank's for this place. Here's the shocker. My vegetarian fiance had the veggie burger and said it was the best she's ever had! Outstanding. I hope they keep it going.
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 01:02:13 am »

Ate there last night for the first time. Excellent double cheeseburger with grilled onions and pickles. Fries are outstanding as was the blueberry dipping sauce. Regular order of fries was plenty for myself...wife and small daughter.

Tattooed girl running the register could have a been a bit more enthusiastic and helpful for us first-timers...otherwise it was a great experience. Will definitely return.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 09:32:42 am »

Tried to go back friday, but didn't realize there was a game.  After almost getting in a fight with a guy wanting to charge me to park in the lot behind the building across the street (told me only the hair dresser customers could park for free), I decided I had gone too long without food and was too irritable to stand in the line so went to weber's instead.  I really need to get a schedule of the games so I know when to avoid the area.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 10:51:51 am »

Tried to go back friday, but didn't realize there was a game.  After almost getting in a fight with a guy wanting to charge me to park in the lot behind the building across the street (told me only the hair dresser customers could park for free), I decided I had gone too long without food and was too irritable to stand in the line so went to weber's instead.  I really need to get a schedule of the games so I know when to avoid the area.

Another good reason to improve our public transit.  Even if it has to be a bus.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 08:06:46 am »

Went to Fat Guys, spent 20 bucks..great service good fries but for some reason my burger had a 'funk" to it..my wife said her's was great but I am hesitant to go back because it just tasted weird like "old shoes"......anyone? I did get grilled onions on it so perhaps there was something in that.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 09:32:44 am »

Went to Fat Guys, spent 20 bucks..great service good fries but for some reason my burger had a 'funk" to it..my wife said her's was great but I am hesitant to go back because it just tasted weird like "old shoes"......anyone? I did get grilled onions on it so perhaps there was something in that.

They knew you were coming.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 02:54:55 pm »

I took my boys here a few weeks ago and we all LOVED it! I like the sauce selection. I need to be careful or it will take me 100lbs and 3 heart attacks to try them all ;o)

Signage was very poor. if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know it was there.
Once you're in front of it though, it is a super sweet set up both inside and out.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 03:09:55 pm »

I took my boys here a few weeks ago and we all LOVED it! I like the sauce selection. I need to be careful or it will take me 100lbs and 3 heart attacks to try them all ;o)

Signage was very poor. if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know it was there.
Once you're in front of it though, it is a super sweet set up both inside and out.

I wish the outside area had some fans or something.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 11:22:58 pm »

Is it bad that I've eaten there twice this week??   Grin

Seriously, I don't even LIKE hamburgers that much.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:45 pm »

I'm all about the peanut butter & bacon burger.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
cjmcinty
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 09:58:08 pm »

Ate at Fat Guys tonight & had a Fat & Juicy--two patties stuffed with butter & American or bleu cheese. I had American with lettuce, tomato, onion & pickles & my fiance had bleu with grilled mushrooms & onions. Both were thoroughly enjoyed & worthy of our last greasy meal for a while (we're doing the master cleanse later this week). We ordered large fries to split & they were huge. Forgot what I had read on here about the portions. Tried srirancha (sriracha & ranch) & jalapeno aioli for dipping--weren't totally crazy about either & just ended up using ketchup. Would like to try some of the other sauces when we return. Fat & Juicy is definitely recommended Smiley
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 10:02:32 pm »

Yeah, I did the large fries thursday night. I wasn't expecting it to just be a giant bag full of fries.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org