A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:53:12 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolfgang Puck opening restaurant in Brookside  (Read 16112 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:08 am »

Here is the info from his Bistro in Charlotte NC. Seems to be towards the higher end on prices to me. Have not been to one so I won't speculate on the quality.

http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/casual-dining/Wolfgang-Puck-Bistros/7547/section-menu
Nothing on that menu is over $16 so the prices are very reasonable and will work with that neighborhood.   Less than Brasserie and more than The Brook.   A nice addition I think. 

Oklahoma City must be madder than an old wet hen now that we have a Hard Rock Hotel AND are getting the first Wolfgang Puck in the state. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:34:02 am »

Don't forget Cafe Ole' it's been going strong for years......

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:26 pm »

Seems like I've eaten at one in an airport somewhere.  Minneapolis or Chicago or someplace like that.  I'll assume that their restaurants are better than their airport cafes.  Otherwise...just another mediocre national chain to check off our list.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 02:51:47 pm »

I think Wolfgang Puck should start a chef college.

He could call it Puck U.

Power is nothing till you use it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 07:16:38 pm »

Is this project still moving forward?  I walked by Saturday and saw some scaffolding and a dumpster behind but it doesn't appear they are moving very fast, if at all.  I think having that corner opened up with a trendy new restaurant, big windows, and outdoor seating will be really good for Brookside so hopefully it will still open sometime this year. 

FOTD
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 07:26:50 pm »

Do not get you food hopes up.

Yes, a visual improvement.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »

Wolfgang Puck was the answer to the 3rd Frame Game puzzle in todays issue of USA Weekend in the TW.

JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 04:00:51 am »

Want to know why restaurants fail? Because unlike most industries, every Tom, Dick and Sam thinks he can open and run a restaurant. I can't think of another industry in which so many untrained and inexperienced amateurs make an attempt. I can attest to how difficult it is. I had years of experience in the industry and still struggle...today. I'm still no expert and it's still not easy. It's perhaps the most demanding and difficult job I can think of. People find that they have a nice book of recipes from grandma or they make good steaks at home and before you know it, they've scraped up some money and opened a little restaurant. As for the chains that fail, it seems that most of the time, those things happen when a mediocre product is combined with a poor assessment of location or demand...see any number of mediocre concepts that have tanked it on "can't miss 71st street."

As for those numbers, I've read some articles recently on the subject. Enjoy them:
http://www.restaurantowner.com/public/302.cfm
http://www.restaurantowner.com/public/263.cfm

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 10:03:35 am »

The restaurant is set to open this week.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=53&articleid=20100717_53_E1_ByRobe135788

The Brookside area is a good match for the concept, Essa said, but the restaurant would not have come together without the efforts of Henry, owner of In the Raw, Full Moon Cafe and The Ivey.

Henry, who had control of the building that formerly housed the Delta Cafe at 33rd Street
and Peoria Avenue, wanted to use it for something new. But for many months nothing seemed right.

"We had a lot of offers that had come from a lot of restaurants, but I knew it had to be the right fit for both me and Brookside," Henry said.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45:27 am »

Pizza with Lamb Sausage. OOhh La La.  Tongue

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 10:51:53 am »

Pizza with Lamb Sausage. OOhh La La.  Tongue
That's ba-a-a-a-a-ad
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 05:22:12 pm »

Ate there this past weekend.  The food was excellently prepared.  Prices were reasonable and the drinks were fantastic. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
joiei
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 08:06:24 pm »

Darned good martini of the gin variety

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 08:04:11 am »

I love the lamb sausage they make.  I ate at Spago a couple of months ago in Vegas and had the lamb sausage pizza.  It was awesome.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org