A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:47:00 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rod Stewart Canceled  (Read 25349 times)
dbacks fan
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:29:57 am »

I just read this, I hope that it is rescheduled.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=10963176

Would have made for another really good show on the heels of Sir Paul.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 10:55:30 am »

Wonder what kind of rumors this will start up....

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 10:56:35 am »

He canceled the show on August 12th and the date following Tulsa  (Sunday 08/23) too.   His show for the 22nd is apparently still on.  So in August he has apparently performed 1 show, canceled 3, and has one more to go.

I wonder if he got a little ambitious with his tour schedule.  Also, for this Sunday show that was canceled they had apparently only sold 5,000 tickets - so maybe his pricing thought a little high of himself?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 11:47:52 am »

Wait for the rehab/cancer/heart condition story in a few weeks.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 12:38:14 pm »

Some of you might be too young to remember the rumor in the 1980's about him needing to have his stomach pumped for, um, backstage actvities...blech!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:54:04 pm »

I hear he has some sort of illness that is causing him to have a raspy voice.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 01:00:31 pm »

Some of you might be too young to remember the rumor in the 1980's about him needing to have his stomach pumped for, um, backstage actvities...blech!

Wasn't he given the nickname Baskin and Robbins 31 Flavors? I think it may have been a little earlier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »

Wasn't he given the nickname Baskin and Robbins 31 Flavors? I think it may have been a little earlier.

Something like that.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 01:19:01 pm »

Already on the phone trying to find out what happened here.  The runners and local help were already at the BOK Center this morning, and the crew was unloading the trucks when they got the call that it had been cancelled.  Calls to the BOK center shortly after this got deniels of it cancelling, though it was announced on it's site shortly afterwards, but only when you go to buy tickets.  Very strange, will let you know what we find out, if anything.
FOTD
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 01:20:38 pm »

He canceled the show on August 12th and the date following Tulsa  (Sunday 08/23) too.   His show for the 22nd is apparently still on.  So in August he has apparently performed 1 show, canceled 3, and has one more to go.

I wonder if he got a little ambitious with his tour schedule.  Also, for this Sunday show that was canceled they had apparently only sold 5,000 tickets - so maybe his pricing thought a little high of himself?

Groove Crusher BINGO!

You see, this town only has so much disposable income for entertainment. Sir Paul kinda swept up the guida.  

The contract had some wiggle in it, no doubt, for both the promoter and the BOK....
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 02:41:37 pm »

You see, this town only has so much disposable income for entertainment. Sir Paul kinda swept up the guida.  

When I first started posting I added "Quo FOTD to come in an point to this as a sign that Tulsa sucks as an entertainment crowd,"  but then decided against it after I remembered you took your ball and went home.   Wink

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 02:52:59 pm »

When I first started posting I added "Quo FOTD to come in an point to this as a sign that Tulsa sucks as an entertainment crowd,"  but then decided against it after I remembered you took your ball and went home.   Wink

FOTD has never claimed Tulsa sux as an entertainment crowd. Only intellectually challenged posters might see it that way but FOTD thinks COT should stay the hell away from spending taxpayer money on a losing enterprise that tackles the smaller venues and cuts into the revenues of entreprenuers. SPOT this morning said there were 7 shows in 4 nights....overkill?

Get over it CFGC, let's not get back into this discussion...lotta emptiness along Brookside and 15th all of a sudden....
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 04:17:06 pm »

Well thanks a ton for reviving that memory...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 08:36:33 pm »

Well thanks a ton for reviving that memory...

That rumor was in full bloom on Facebook today.

Rico
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 09:31:12 pm »

Typical "Gasoline Alley" rhetoric............

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org