A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:22:00 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunters kick in Istook jr's door  (Read 12256 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:47 am »

I wonder if these were the same clowns that tasered the baby in Oct of 2007?

NORMAN, OK - Bounty hunters forcibly arrested the son of former U.S. Congressman Ernest Istook Tuesday night. Bounty hunters Chris Black and Les Riggs, known as the Bounty Boys, attempted to serve the arrest warrant around midnight.

For about 20 minutes the bounty hunters knocked on the front door and demanded to enter.
They say Istook pretended there was no one home. Istook was wanted in connection with several municipal charges in Norman including failure to appear in court (for shoplifting) and driving under suspension.

After numerous attempts to get Istook to answer the front door, Black and Riggs were forced to bust in. They searched the house for about 30 minutes eventually locating Istook hiding in the corner of the closet of the master bathroom. They say he was hiding with his two dogs.

Last December, Chad Istook was arrested in Oklahoma City for shoplifting.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:24 am »

I wonder if these were the same clowns that tasered the baby in Oct of 2007?

NORMAN, OK - Bounty hunters forcibly arrested the son of former U.S. Congressman Ernest Istook Tuesday night. Bounty hunters Chris Black and Les Riggs, known as the Bounty Boys, attempted to serve the arrest warrant around midnight.

For about 20 minutes the bounty hunters knocked on the front door and demanded to enter.
They say Istook pretended there was no one home. Istook was wanted in connection with several municipal charges in Norman including failure to appear in court (for shoplifting) and driving under suspension.

After numerous attempts to get Istook to answer the front door, Black and Riggs were forced to bust in. They searched the house for about 30 minutes eventually locating Istook hiding in the corner of the closet of the master bathroom. They say he was hiding with his two dogs.

Last December, Chad Istook was arrested in Oklahoma City for shoplifting.

Daddy was a lousy congressman but a far worse parent....should have backed off forcing that kid into church.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:06:49 am »

They can forcibly enter a residence?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:35:52 am »

They can forcibly enter a residence?

Yes and no.  Technically, it carries the same penalties as anyone else kicking in a door and going in a house (breaking and entering).  However, it's one of those seldome (if ever) enforced situations.  I remember going in after a bounty one time when we had TPD with us.  The home owner refused to let TPD search, so they had us go in on our own, and they would wait outside in case something happened. 

90% of what bounty hunters do that most people don't, people assume that they can because they are what they are.  In truth, a bounty hunter in Oklahoma is just someone hired to go find someone and bring them in for the bondsman.  Assumption served us quiet well to get things we needed on a case.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 12:06:07 pm »

If a bounty hunter appears to be threatening your life, can you use deadly force on them the same as any unknown, unidentifed person who would would attack  you?

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:10:49 pm »

When it comes down to it, yes.  However, keep in mind that if they have announced who they are and their intention, it's going to be kinda hard to prove in the court of law that you were in fear for your life.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:50:05 pm »

When it comes down to it, yes.  However, keep in mind that if they have announced who they are and their intention, it's going to be kinda hard to prove in the court of law that you were in fear for your life.

Well if I shoot one who's busted down my door and they die...then my story goes that some deranged dude with a blonde mullet was trying to kill me and that's why I shot him once in the face and twice center mass.

That's big talk seeing as how I'd probably just be crying and wetting myself.

But then I have a hard time imagining a bounty hunter chasing my butt...I'm too scared of authority for anyone to need one.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 02:43:18 pm »

Well if I shoot one who's busted down my door and they die...then my story goes that some deranged dude with a blonde mullet was trying to kill me and that's why I shot him once in the face and twice center mass.

That's big talk seeing as how I'd probably just be crying and wetting myself.

But then I have a hard time imagining a bounty hunter chasing my butt...I'm too scared of authority for anyone to need one.
For the record, I do not have a mullet, and I did not have a mullet when I was hunting.  Damn him for screwing up the whole image of the hunter....
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 03:28:36 pm »

For the record, I do not have a mullet, and I did not have a mullet when I was hunting.  Damn him for screwing up the whole image of the hunter....

Screwing it up?  He made it awesome!

I am the DOG.  The big bad Doggg! 

ps. I might have to have a chat with you about bounty hunters in Oklahoma at some point.  I've been kinda curious on how they operate.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 03:33:49 pm »

Custo, did you use all that tactical gear either?  What were you armed with?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 03:43:08 pm »

no gear.  At most, I was armed with a big ole knife, but usually not even that. 

And careful saying you might want to chat with me about it, I miss those days and talk about it any chance I get.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 03:45:13 pm »

If a bounty hunter appears to be threatening your life, can you use deadly force on them the same as any unknown, unidentifed person who would would attack  you?

If someone is kicking in my door and I dont see any evidence that there are uniformed police officers proximate, I would be in fear for my life, and I would be preparing to use whatever force is necessary to protect myself and family.

I would see that as no different than a home invasion,
and I would proceed under my understanding of the "stand your ground" law.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 04:40:11 pm »

If someone is kicking in my door and I dont see any evidence that there are uniformed police officers proximate, I would be in fear for my life, and I would be preparing to use whatever force is necessary to protect myself and family.

I would see that as no different than a home invasion,
and I would proceed under my understanding of the "stand your ground" law.

But where the hairs differance comes in is that you are on the run, you know you are wanted, and you know that the bondsman and his people are looking for you to take you to jail.  And there is also the fact that most hunters go in guns drawn in that situation and have no real training to know NOT to shoot.  This is a large part of why I have always been for licensing bounty hunters.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 12:12:11 am »

But where the hairs differance comes in is that you are on the run, you know you are wanted, and you know that the bondsman and his people are looking for you to take you to jail.  And there is also the fact that most hunters go in guns drawn in that situation and have no real training to know NOT to shoot.  This is a large part of why I have always been for licensing bounty hunters.
Do you really expect to have some bondsman or his hired gun kicking in your door over a misdemeanor warrant you may not even be aware you have?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 07:02:23 am »

Do you really expect to have some bondsman or his hired gun kicking in your door over a misdemeanor warrant you may not even be aware you have?

When they knock at your door for 20 minutes telling you that they are there to arrest you over a misdemeanor warrant . . . I would suppose so.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org