A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:46:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center  (Read 93342 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2010, 12:22:50 pm »

Just put up a sign.. Free Copper...  Someone will help take the lines out.  Tongue

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2010, 12:37:06 pm »

Just put up a sign.. Free Copper...  Someone will help take the lines out.  Tongue

They don't need to be removed, they need to be moved.  An engineering challenge.  They could build a tunnel and encapsulate them, but that would mean no underground parking.  Wherever they go is going to limit what is built over them. 

Chances are they will stay right where they are and the alley will remain an alley somehow. I anticipate this property being cut up and repackaged.  Small hotel on one quarter, Restaurant on another corner with a few stories of office above, and the remaining 1/4th to 1/2 fee parking. I give that scenario an 80% chance.  Any residential component is problematic. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2010, 12:52:31 pm »

They don't need to be removed, they need to be moved.  An engineering challenge.  They could build a tunnel and encapsulate them, but that would mean no underground parking.  Wherever they go is going to limit what is built over them. 

Chances are they will stay right where they are and the alley will remain an alley somehow. I anticipate this property being cut up and repackaged.  Small hotel on one quarter, Restaurant on another corner with a few stories of office above, and the remaining 1/4th to 1/2 fee parking. I give that scenario an 80% chance.  Any residential component is problematic. 

How big is this bundle of wires?  It can't be piped through?  (Forgive the term, not my forte.  It's a visual I have of a pipe with a large bundle of wires going along the ceiling of underground parking)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2010, 01:00:52 pm »

What firms did the sketched renderings?  It would be great to see one of the stronger design firms in Tulsa like Selser Schaefer or Beck get this project. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »

What firms did the sketched renderings?  It would be great to see one of the stronger design firms in Tulsa like Selser Schaefer or Beck get this project. 

The origional design was done by Miles/Zabrowski.  I would anticipate it going out of town.  The hotel has its own architecture team and that will dictate the design.  There was several opportunities for this to be a Tulsa project, but that wasn't meant to be.

I'd like to see it fall into the lap of a good Tulsa firm like Selser too, but most likely it will boil down to the hotel and some parking.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2010, 01:30:34 pm »

Does anyone know who the architect is for this project?

It's staying with Miles & Associates. Design work forthcoming.

Just saw these are some of the same people who did Castle Bumgarner.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:36:22 pm by sgrizzle » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2010, 02:34:24 pm »

Sweet! Downtown Tulsa is sorely lacking in faux tile roof buildings with faux yellow stucco. All of the Deco down there was making my stomach churn.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2010, 03:33:05 pm »

It's staying with Miles & Associates. Design work forthcoming.

Just saw these are some of the same people who did Castle Bumgarner.

Miles has done a few nice contemporary designs like the OU Children's Hospital in OKC,

the Stephenson Research Center at OU-Norman

and the OSU forensics science and biomedical research facility in Tulsa (looks better in person, IMO)

I'd like to see something design-wise like this full-block project in Milwaukee:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:42:34 pm by SXSW » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2010, 10:03:04 pm »

One part of moving is removing....

Just kidding.  I know it's not an easy task.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:05 pm »

My guess is the parking garage is going to be under the east half, making the utility move unnecessary. Coupld of levels of parking for a half block is a good # of spots.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2010, 12:36:26 am »

Miles has done a few nice contemporary designs like

the Stephenson Research Center at OU-Norman

Hmmm.... very... whatsthewordwhatstheword.... Reichish?

And sadly, probably the most architecturally pleasing aspect of any of these geometric atrocities.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:05 am »

(Bump)

Was this killed?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2010, 12:39:26 pm »

(Bump)

Was this killed?

No, it's active. Probably no major construction until closer to the end of the year.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2010, 01:56:28 pm »

No, it's active. Probably no major construction until closer to the end of the year.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org