A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:27:33 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dilly Deli  (Read 74160 times)
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 12:25:16 pm »

My friend and I visited on Monday.  We sat at the bar.  I cannot remember the name of the sandwich but it was excellent (turkey, salami, lettuce, tomato, italian dressing, swiss cheese... I'm leaving something out...).  The bread was certainly a highlight.  Service was excellent.  I look forward to visiting again.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 01:59:51 pm »

I would bet that the DD will be very very busy this coming weekend.  I will stop in for a bite of something.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TulsaPride
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 12:47:04 pm »

Went to Dilly for lunch and had the "build your own" option. Very Very tasty. The roast turkey is excellent (this is not processed garbage).  The organic wheat is hearty and delicious. I felt like I got a lot for $8 bucks considering the ingredients were organic/local.
brianh
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:59 pm »

I went to Dilly Deli for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it.  I had half a Glenn & Joan and half a Vincent Carbone.  The prices are about one or two dollars more than we pay for lunch at most places, but it seems to be higher quality food.  It would be even better if they had a parking lot, but the one just to the north never seems to check if you have paid anything or not.
Ihearttacos
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 10:41:52 am »

Disclaimer:
I am a big fan of downtown and promoting local new business/established businesses.

Went to the Dilly Deli for lunch a few weeks ago and enjoyed sitting outside, although our server seemed to have forgotten we were out there as we had to wait a long time to order our food and drinks.  After we ordered food came quick.  I ordered half a turkey club (more like a mini) and the cup of soup, tasty but I was still hungry.  My friend ordered salad and half sandwhich.  The greek salad was full sized and tasty, the half sandwhich looked bigger and better in comparison to my choice.  The unfortunate part was the waitress dumping the side of balsamic vinegrette all over my friend's brand new silk skirt...oil ugh.  I was acctually surprized that her meal wasn't comped or at least discounted.  She ended up going directly to the dry cleaners.  I ended up being late to work with all the hang ups of time, spills and waiting on the check.

For the price, residual feeling of hunger, spill and waiting I'm not eager to try again.  I was really looking forward to it and left unimpressed, I will wait it out and try it again. 

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 10:49:00 am »

I wish there was a bike rack nearby. I ended up tethering my bike to the gas meter.

On a lighter note, I had a very delicious French Onion Soup.  Smiley

---Robert
Cherish
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:27 pm »

Hmm might have to order a sandwich when I move to Tulsa.  I'm moving from the East Coast and in high school I used to work at a jewish bagel shop ( I LOVE Bialy's...mmm ) and deli.  So I might be a little skeptical of the deli's Tulsa has but I'll still try it  Grin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 07:25:09 pm by Cherish » Logged
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:49 am »

Dilly Deli's new winter hours are 8am-4pm 7 days a week. This disappoints me greatly. Is Dilly Deli struggling?

kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 09:28:51 am »

Dilly Deli's new winter hours are 8am-4pm 7 days a week. This disappoints me greatly. Is Dilly Deli struggling?

I wondered the same thing when I heard that...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 09:46:17 am »

That'd be my guess.  Can't believe they wouldn't stay open late on Friday and Saturday nights.  Why bother opening at 8am?  Seems like you'd miss the bulk of the breakfast crowd.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 10:01:49 am »

That'd be my guess.  Can't believe they wouldn't stay open late on Friday and Saturday nights.  Why bother opening at 8am?  Seems like you'd miss the bulk of the breakfast crowd.

8-4 is one shift, although 7-3 would seem better.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 10:48:13 am »

8-4 is one shift, although 7-3 would seem better.

Not really that many "shift" workers Downtown are there?  Seems like everyone is scrambling to get to their office by 8am or is already there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 12:06:24 pm »

Not really that many "shift" workers Downtown are there?  Seems like everyone is scrambling to get to their office by 8am or is already there.

One shift of Dilly Deli employees.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 12:10:40 pm »

One shift of Dilly Deli employees.

D'oh!

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2010, 11:18:12 am »

Dilly Deli has expanded summer hours now.

Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM

Friday - Saturday
8:00 AM to 10:00 PM

Sunday
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org