A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:46:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brookside  (Read 105021 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2022, 11:12:59 pm »

They made some changes to that site plan eliminating the drive in front of the building and adding an outdoor seating area.  I would still like to see this denied and have the city make them build to the corner.  If you oppose this plan show up to the meeting on July 6 at 1 pm

http://tulsaplanning.org/tmapc/agendas/exhibits/Z-7663.pdf

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 09:01:02 am by SXSW » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2022, 09:01:09 am »

They made some changes to that site plan eliminating the drive in front of the building and adding an outdoor seating area.  I would still like to see this denied and have the city make them build to the corner.  If you oppose this plan show up to the meeting on July 6 at 1 pm

http://tulsaplanning.org/tmapc/agendas/exhibits/Z-7663.pdf

If anyone is interested the TMAPC meeting is today at 1 pm at City Hall.  

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2022, 09:19:24 am »

If anyone is interested the TMAPC meeting is today at 1 pm at City Hall.  

I was hoping to go but can't make it. Hopefully some show up. I can't believe the Brookside Business Association is endorsing this.

The two curb cuts on Peoria is ridiculous. Raising Cane's has dozens of examples of more urban locations in similar neighborhoods or in downtown locations. It's possible for them to build an urban format store they are just being lazy, they don't want to spend the extra money to design a custom site plan for the site.

Hopefully people show up and ask for better for this site. If I was Ross Group I'd be up front and center, this will kill just about any hope for decent pedestrian flow south with this and the stupid Jimmy Johns/Bank of West and is going to significantly decrease the desirability of the retail spaces for people walking they want to build in that mixed-use proposal.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2022, 03:01:46 pm »

I was hoping to go but can't make it. Hopefully some show up. I can't believe the Brookside Business Association is endorsing this.

The two curb cuts on Peoria is ridiculous. Raising Cane's has dozens of examples of more urban locations in similar neighborhoods or in downtown locations. It's possible for them to build an urban format store they are just being lazy, they don't want to spend the extra money to design a custom site plan for the site.

Hopefully people show up and ask for better for this site. If I was Ross Group I'd be up front and center, this will kill just about any hope for decent pedestrian flow south with this and the stupid Jimmy Johns/Bank of West and is going to significantly decrease the desirability of the retail spaces for people walking they want to build in that mixed-use proposal.

Jimmy Johns/Bank of the West bugs me, hopefully with the development across the street it is long for this world.  That is the gateway to the most walkable stretch of Brookside.

I think CBC is planning something on the property to the east along 36th.  They are also a partner in the 195-unit 36th & Peoria mixed-use project "The Avenue"

tulsamatt
Activist

« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2022, 04:29:12 pm »

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend. I'm hearing it was approved. Anyone know if any changes were required?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2022, 11:01:14 pm »

With the Crow Creek bridge now finished I am interested in what the city plans to do to connect Brookside to the river and Gathering Place.  

Also anyone else not a fan of the white rocks they used on both sides to stabilize the creek banks?  I feel like something more natural like sandstone would look better but maybe that is just a short-term solution?  A better long term solution would be to use a similar sandstone like what already exists along Crow Creek creating more of a canal from Zink Park to the river.  Get rid of the white rip rap and replace with sandstone walls that can be done in conjunction with the Crow Creek trail
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 11:04:52 pm by SXSW » Logged

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2022, 07:40:47 am »

The church at 2111 S Darlington is showing sale pending now so I'm waiting for the bulldozers at this point.

Just a quick update - it looks like the church got sold to another church. They've been tearing stuff out for the past few weeks and piling it outside - looks like parts of the nave - even chunked some crosses. They paid $860k for it - quite a bit down from the $1m asking price. I guess on the positive side they seem to have some money so hopefully they'll spruce the church and the land up a bit.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2022, 02:46:43 pm »

With the Crow Creek bridge now finished I am interested in what the city plans to do to connect Brookside to the river and Gathering Place.  

I believe Peoria (which is in shambles following the increased traffic from Riverside being closed for 3 years) is supposed to be re-built in between 31st and 41st starting next year from one of the recent(ish) Street packages.

I wonder if that includes making Brookside proper more pedestrian friendly, like they did with Cherry Street?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2022, 10:50:07 am »

Senor Tequila closed their Brookside location.  Not sure how long they had been there but it’s been a long time.  I remember when it used to be City Bites.  One of the better restaurant spots, great opportunity for something new.  Please no burgers or pizza.  🙂

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2022, 01:25:57 pm »

Senor Tequila closed their Brookside location.  Not sure how long they had been there but it’s been a long time.  I remember when it used to be City Bites.  One of the better restaurant spots, great opportunity for something new.  Please no burgers or pizza.  🙂

Yeah they have been in that spot at least 10 years... maybe longer?  I think The Brook may be the only Brookside restaurant that has a longer tenure...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2022, 02:18:35 pm »

Yeah they have been in that spot at least 10 years... maybe longer?  I think The Brook may be the only Brookside restaurant that has a longer tenure...

Brookside by Day and Cafe Ole have been there awhile too.  Doc's has been there since the early 2010's.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2022, 02:48:00 pm »

Brookside by Day and Cafe Ole have been there awhile too.  Doc's has been there since the early 2010's.

Brookside by Day and Cafe Ole have been there 25-30 years. They predate the Brook by a lot. And don't forget Weber's has been in Brookside for 89! years, and Claud's has been there 68 years. Elmer's which did close and move during the pandemic has been in Brookside at three locations for 40+ years. In The Raw has been there 20+ years.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 02:54:45 pm by swake » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2022, 06:59:13 pm »

Hopefully whatever goes in there they expand the first floor patio, or better yet add a rooftop patio

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2022, 06:44:42 am »

Brookside by Day and Cafe Ole have been there 25-30 years. They predate the Brook by a lot. And don't forget Weber's has been in Brookside for 89! years, and Claud's has been there 68 years. Elmer's which did close and move during the pandemic has been in Brookside at three locations for 40+ years. In The Raw has been there 20+ years.

Claud's has been in business since 1954 but their Brookside location didn't happen until 1965 when they bought the Van's Hamburgers location there:

Before that they were on Admiral. I'm not sure when Van's opened on Brookside (they had other locations) but I think it was the mid 1950's (the city claims the building was built in 1955 but they aren't very accurate on older stuff). Shame that Claud's doesn't redo the original Van's sign with neon and such (since it's still there) and ditch that 60's-era (?) sign they have now. I think their current sign should have a lantern on top as signs from that era are prone to.

Bonus - the old Claud's sign before the current one:

Is now at Ron's Hamburgers in Skiatook

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2022, 09:11:16 am »

Under the window indicates "Open Wednesdays"

Were they only open on Wednesdays?  Was something special about Wednesdays?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org