A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:53:04 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma didn't make the list  (Read 3415 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: February 25, 2011, 05:41:36 pm »

The top ten most conservative states denied Oklahoma a place on it's wall of whatever.
According to a Gallup poll we are no where as conservative as Mississippi.  What is wrong with you guys,  you need to preach harder about how conservative the great state of Oklahoma is. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146348/Mississippi-Rates-Conservative-State.aspx

Mississippi is the most conservative state in the nation, a new Gallup poll finds.

According to the study, 50.5 percent of the state's residents identify themselves as holding conservative political beliefs, the first time that a state has gone over 50 percent and the highest overall number that Gallup has found in similar polls. Idaho clocked in at second with 48.5 percent identification, and Alabama third with 48.3. The top ten most conservative states all had conservative identification numbers of 45 percent or higher.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:17:23 pm »

We missed it by this much .1%.  We came in at 44.9% conservative just behind Arkansas at 45%.

Trust but verify
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:25:37 pm »

There may be hope for this state yet.  Now if we can get that number lower, and keep the other end of the spectrum down, we will be in great shape.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:38:03 pm »

Daaaaaaarnet......I thought we had this clinched.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 10:34:53 am »

Poor people sure like their right wing politics.

Or are people poor because of right wing policies?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:14:57 pm »

Or are people poor because of right wing policies?

Probably too proud to take a left wing handout.  (Handouts intended to be a hand-up but don't work out that way.)

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:40:56 pm »

Daaaaaaarnet......I thought we had this clinched.

I voted twice in that poll.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 12:25:46 am »

Isn't it amazing how many people will actively vote against their own best interest?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:17 am »

Isn't it amazing how many people will actively vote against their own best interest?

Welcome to Oklahoma

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 10:03:31 pm »

Welcome to Oklahoma

It ain't just Oklahoma, baby. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org