A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:09:42 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebola  (Read 47421 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 02:07:38 pm »

Again, 175 million people, 19 cases of Ebola and no new ones in the last 30 days? Close that boarder? Now that we have a case should Europe and Canada close our borders? By your logic should all other countries close their boarders with us anyway because of our problems with Flu?

Ebola is a terrible disease that is striking poor countries with poor sanitation and poor medical care. We are not that. Stop with the panic. Ebola only spreads when a person comes into contact with an infected person's bodily fluids and only for one week while they are showing symptoms. 

Anyway, the three most impacted countries have 22 million people with 7,157 cases of Ebola so far, so .033% of those countries populations are infected. These aren't big numbers, yet.

But they can be.  So you favor allowing possibly infected people into the U.S. from Liberia as well?  Here’s the problem: with an incubation period of up to 21 days, there could be many people walking around with the disease who have no idea they have it. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »

I once thought I had West Nile Virus. It turned out to be Senile Virus.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »

I once thought I had West Nile Virus. It turned out to be Senile Virus.

Penile Virus is more like it.....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 03:07:24 pm »

No need. I have maxed out with the likes of you and your racism BS.

??

I don't have any racism BS.  It's just certain parts of the populace that have that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 05:15:48 pm »

??

I don't have any racism BS.  It's just certain parts of the populace that have that....

Not meant for you.  Embarrassed

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 05:55:28 pm »

Not meant for you.  Embarrassed

Did I hurt your little privileged feelings? I feel so bad.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »

But they can be.  So you favor allowing possibly infected people into the U.S. from Liberia as well?  Here’s the problem: with an incubation period of up to 21 days, there could be many people walking around with the disease who have no idea they have it. 

Average incubation this go round is 4-6 days and this is day 6 of this guy being in the hospital in isolation. So far so good that no one else is ill. I am a bit surprised at this with his projectile vomiting all over his family and friends, but it's good news they aren't sick yet. It's looking like he may well be an isolated case.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 08:58:11 pm »

Average incubation this go round is 4-6 days and this is day 6 of this guy being in the hospital in isolation. So far so good that no one else is ill. I am a bit surprised at this with his projectile vomiting all over his family and friends, but it's good news they aren't sick yet. It's looking like he may well be an isolated case.

Cool, so you’d have no problem taking your family on vacation to Nigeria or Liberia?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2014, 10:59:41 am »

Cool, so you’d have no problem taking your family on vacation to Nigeria or Liberia?

It's ten days since this guy became contagious, why isn't there a massive outbreak yet? The average incubation period is 4-6 days and the man in Dallas was sick after 9 days. Where are the other sick people, shouldn't SOMEONE have gotten sick yet?

If you listened to right wing radio and Newscorp non-news machine you'd think that the world is ending and it's all Obama's fault when so far there is exactly ONE case of Ebola and it keeps not spreading.

What's more, no one that has been brought out of Africa to be cared for in western countries has died. None, all recovered. Those American healthcare workers that The Toupee and Fox wanted kept out of the US because they were going to spread the disease and kill us all? All have been cured and no one else was infected.

Fox/Newscorp/Rush/Clear Channel are all lying to you. They are spreading fear because it makes them money. Quit being so damn gullible.  
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2014, 11:08:20 am »

Information is the antidote for fear. As yet, there is no known antidote for stupidity.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/10/02/352983774/no-seriously-how-contagious-is-ebola?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202402

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:41 am »

Maybe we need to start quarantining those with Hep C...  Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 11:38:15 am »

Nigeria sure. Again, 175 million people, 19 total cases and none in the last 30 days. The "outbreak" is over there. Dallas is more dangerous.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »

The Dallas patient has taken a turn for the not so healthy.

It's time to bring in the faith healers.

Someone get Benny Hinn on the horn. 

Surely he'll be okay with Christ working through him right?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 03:31:18 pm »

It's ten days since this guy became contagious, why isn't there a massive outbreak yet? The average incubation period is 4-6 days and the man in Dallas was sick after 9 days.

So then what is the up to 21 days number I've heard?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 03:33:58 pm »

So then what is the up to 21 days number I've heard?

CDC says it, so media outlets will probably use it.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/symptoms/index.html

Note that they say the average symptomatic time is 8-10 days.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org